Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

HauntedMansionFLA

the shuttered buildings drive me insane. If they’re not going to be used for their intended purpose then at least use them as a “relaxation zone” in the meantime. Throw in some seating and some themed artwork on the wall and give people somewhere to escape the elements and crowds
You could say that again

Kittlesona

Off the top of my head, these are the former guest accessible spaces in MK that are no longer such:

Lafitte's Portrait Deck - storage space
House of Treasure/Pirate's League - future site of pirate bar
Tiki Tropic Shop and Elephant Tales - storage areas
Tricorn Hat Shoppe - storage space
The Keelboat Shop/Ichabod's Landing - storage space
The Keelboat dock - overflow queue for HM
Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes Dock - unused
Aunt Polly's - unused except for rare occasions
Fife and Drum Snack Bar - closed
Hook's Tavern - became PPF FastPass distribution, now empty
Seven Dwarf's Mining Co - now partially a covered seating area
Stitch's Great Escape - CM break room now?

Then there's "seasonal" stuff like Tortuga Tavern and Tomorrowland Terrace and lost attraction capacity like the Skyway
Is there anyone who would be willing to put together a map of this? I’ve been pretty extensively following Disney News for about 10 years now but don’t recognize a lot of these names.

Bocabear

It is funny but all the different and varied shops around the Magic Kingdom h=gave it so much more dimension...When they started homogenizing their merchandise across the parks, it really made shopping less appealing. Bring back the individual shopping experiences... The Magic Shop, the arcade, the varied experiences.... I think Universal has shown with Harry Potterverse that people LOVE themed and specific shopping experiences... Shopping at WDW should be part of the event, not purely a convenience...

Comped

Gutted as in seats and mechanisms gone, or gutted as in a 15 foot deep empty hole?
I was in the ice cream shop a couple of months ago, and a CM left the door open to Stitch for quite some time. They were seemingly using it for a combination of storage and a break room, although I don't know how far back that extended.

From a few photos that have run around the internet, Stitch is 100% no longer in working condition. Other than that, it would not surprise me to see the seats gone along with most of the other mechanisms, but I don't think it would be as far gutted as to you think. No reason to do so as of yet.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Off the top of my head, these are the former guest accessible spaces in MK that are no longer such:

Then there's "seasonal" stuff like Tortuga Tavern and Tomorrowland Terrace and lost attraction capacity like the Skyway
Adding to your list:

Briar Patch shop - closed
Drink stand at jungle cruise dock - closed
Candy Store in Frontierland -
I was in the ice cream shop a couple of months ago, and a CM left the door open to Stitch for quite some time. They were seemingly using it for a combination of storage and a break room, although I don't know how far back that extended.

From a few photos that have run around the internet, Stitch is 100% no longer in working condition. Other than that, it would not surprise me to see the seats gone along with most of the other mechanisms, but I don't think it would be as far gutted as to you think. No reason to do so as of yet.
stitch is gone but searing area is pretty much intact

Disney Maddux

A

Animatronics are gone (except for the cannons I believe?), but pretty much everything else is intact.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland…the blessing of size. There’s enough land here to hold all the storage spaces we can possibly imagine.” - Walt Disney

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

It is funny but all the different and varied shops around the Magic Kingdom h=gave it so much more dimension...When they started homogenizing their merchandise across the parks, it really made shopping less appealing. Bring back the individual shopping experiences... The Magic Shop, the arcade, the varied experiences.... I think Universal has shown with Harry Potterverse that people LOVE themed and specific shopping experiences... Shopping at WDW should be part of the event, not purely a convenience...
Atleast Pandora & Galaxy's Edge have unique merch. But I do wish this was the case throughout the parks.

It's a very bizarre decision not to. More diverse merch would lead to more sales; if someone has a special memory in Tomorrowland, they might be inclined to buy some merch unique to over something that's in every shop/park.

DisneyDreamerxyz

FCE35FEC-051A-4CE9-9F0B-73B6D4E7C3FB.jpeg

The Tri Cornered Hat ShopI believe was renamed to this ? Funny how this store has been closed at least a decade but the sign is still up. Elephant Tales sign also still up. That is an awkward area with signage still up for Zanzibar Trading Company and Agrabah Bazaar, although there is no stores there anymore. It is leadership offices inside now. They should really take down the Merchant of Venus signage as it makes no sense with no store there anymore, at least they reopened that spaces for guests. Don’t forget Heritage House in Liberty Square used to be an Americana themed store, now it’s used only occasionally for guest relations. Three shops in Frontierland are closed, the General Store (Candy Store) and Briar Patch, the Splash Mountain gift shop should reopen with the new ride, but no news on that. And the entry gift shop on the left side of Magic Kingdom entrance has been closed since Covid.

Animaniac93-98

View attachment 761163
The Tri Cornered Hat ShopI believe was renamed to this ? Funny how this store has been closed at least a decade but the sign is still up. Elephant Tales sign also still up. That is an awkward area with signage still up for Zanzibar Trading Company and Agrabah Bazaar, although there is no stores there anymore. It is leadership offices inside now. They should really take down the Merchant of Venus signage as it makes no sense with no store there anymore, at least they reopened that spaces for guests. Don’t forget Heritage House in Liberty Square used to be an Americana themed store, now it’s used only occasionally for guest relations. Three shops in Frontierland are closed, the General Store (Candy Store) and Briar Patch, the Splash Mountain gift shop should reopen with the new ride, but no news on that. And the entry gift shop on the left side of Magic Kingdom entrance has been closed since Covid.

Yes, that is a picture of the Tri Cornered Hat Shoppe.

I hadn't realized some of those other stores were closed. I didn't include Heritage House as its now the Liberty Square Ticket Office (or something like that) so it's at least open.

Is there a reason why the Frontierland candy store is closed? I thought all Frontierland shops on that strip were connected inside and all one store now.

DisneyDreamerxyz

Yes, that is a picture of the Tri Cornered Hat Shoppe.

I hadn't realized some of those other stores were closed. I didn't include Heritage House as its now the Liberty Square Ticket Office (or something like that) so it's at least open.

Is there a reason why the Frontierland candy store is closed? I thought all Frontierland shops on that strip were connected inside and all one store now.
They kept it closed after Covid, I don’t think there’s anything attached to it. At first there was signs in the windows that said something like “Store Closed” but now all the windows are just blacked out. So right now the only store open in Frontierland is the Mercantile that mainly sells pins. (And Big Als but that’s outdoors)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom