Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Looks like my title tagline is weirdly fitting to current events. Yes, I saw that recent article, and, to clarify, the WIR proposal that they describe is different than the original one that I knew of. Would it surprise me if the proposal they describe is legitimate and being considered? No. It fits pretty well with a recent thing I heard about higher-ups being happy with Lightning McQueen's racing academy at DHS (most accurately blame its awkward location for its moderate attendance numbers). The proposal they put forth seemed like a WIR-based recreation.
The main thing that would throw me off of that is that the permit lists WDI, while I believe entertainment actually dealt with LMRA. That said, I doubt we see anything of major scope change, like the original proposal.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Looks like my title tagline is weirdly fitting to current events. Yes, I saw that recent article, and, to clarify, the WIR proposal that they describe is different than the original one that I knew of. Would it surprise me if the proposal they describe is legitimate and being considered? No. It fits pretty well with a recent thing I heard about higher-ups being happy with Lightning McQueen's racing academy at DHS (most accurately blame its awkward location for its moderate attendance numbers). The proposal they put forth seemed like a WIR-based recreation.
The main thing that would throw me off of that is that the permit lists WDI, while I believe entertainment actually dealt with LMRA. That said, I doubt we see anything of major scope change, like the original proposal.
If it's just similar show, could it be open in time for WDW 50th? Or is the proposed 2022 date from that source more reasonable?

Squishy

Nah, too easy. They must've canceled some other bigger project that was in the works and went with this.

danlb_2000

I saw this permit a couple days ago, but the Reedy Creek Address finder totally failed me, it didn't find this address, but when you actually click on Stitch it is the correct address. This is one of Disney's really big contractors. It has no expiration date, so it get's a default one year, but that's not surprising since this is just for the demolition.

3/20/2020 - Magic Kingdom - H o a r Construction
1326 Magic Kingdom Dr - Demo interior

Top Bottom