Stitch's Great Escape Goes Seasonal

Schneewittchen

I've only been in there once. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. And during a rainstorm, it's very useful to have a queue under cover and a spot to sit for a few minutes and dry out.

I hope it's open when I'm there for spring break, so I can visit one more time.

I hope whatever replaces it isn't some cheap cop-out 3D garbage. That does not impress.

Weather_Lady

I've given Stitch a chance, twice -- and it was two times too many.

My only regret about its "seasonal" operation and likely eventual closure is that with fewer victims...er, I mean, guests, in line for it, other lines in Tomorrowland might be a tad longer. I do hope they ultimately replace it with something better (a Guardians of the Galaxy-themed return to "Alien Encounter" would have worked nicely if a Guardians attraction wasn't supposedly already slated for Epcot...)

Donaldfan1934

Original Poster
Stitch.... these are your final steps.

Just pull the plug already and move onto the next...even though I don't want Sugar Crush.
The potential Sugar Rush attraction sounds like an even worse option to me in some respects since it commits two of my personal attraction cardinal sins. Its an incredibly poor thematic fit and doesn't provide an experience you can't get at home.

Last edited:

dannyboyindc

All the cuts to this and that....all WDW has to do is put back some of these attractions the way they were. It's cheaper, easier, and it's what we really want! Just return it to Alien Encounter and be done with it. Same for Energy. With a few updates/upgrades it could have 1990 lines again. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. If you want to save money and keep your attractions full, Disney, just bring back the good stuff.

steviej

Went on stitch once when it opened and that was enough for me. Hopefully they do something with that space.

Bocabear

The potential Sugar Rush attraction sound like an even worse option to me in some respects since it commits two of my personal attraction cardinal sins. its an incredibly poor thematic fit and doesn't provide an experience you can't get at home.
I agree... When there is a speedway just across the esplanade that begs for the Sugar Rush treatment... Why can they not get new electric cars and add a ton of props to the layout to actually replicate the Sugar Rush races...The Queue could have a car building game like the movie (because if they actually did this, the lines would be HUGE), and visually it wouls make a fun visible transition between the Wonderland Props of the Teacups, the Circus decor and the transition into Tomorrowland. It could be an amazingly popular attraction based on an ip that would work beautifully in the space available... Put something more sci fi futuristic in the Stitch attraction space...

Corbin

I may be one of the few people sad to see this ride go. A proper Stitch ride would be nice, but I'm curious what they can do with that small space. The Sugar Rush rumor fits as well into Tomorrowland as Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot.

While I'm being extremely optimistic, a 2016 version of Alien Encounter would be amazing. Maybe if there was a massive warning sign saying "DON'T BRING SMALL CHILDREN IN HERE" out front.

Speedy71

I agree... When there is a speedway just across the esplanade that begs for the Sugar Rush treatment... Why can they not get new electric cars and add a ton of props to the layout to actually replicate the Sugar Rush races...The Queue could have a car building game like the movie (because if they actually did this, the lines would be HUGE), and visually it wouls make a fun visible transition between the Wonderland Props of the Teacups, the Circus decor and the transition into Tomorrowland. It could be an amazingly popular attraction based on an ip that would work beautifully in the space available... Put something more sci fi futuristic in the Stitch attraction space...

Didn't DL refurb theirs recently?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
They should have already moved forward with the "Rocketeer" attraction in Tomorrowland. Of course, the space is too small on that side. Putting something like MILF, Buzz, and Stitch in "Tomorrowland" was already punting on the theme. Just rename it "Animationland" and be done with it. Really, the only things that aren't focused on some animation is People Mover and Space Mountain.

You have to ask yourself, is it that hard to look into the future?

*1023*

Edited to add: Yup, I forgot Carousel of Progress and the Speedway. Both not future. Speedway easily could become "cartoonified".

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They should have already moved forward with the "Rocketeer" attraction in Tomorrowland. Of course, the space is too small on that side. Putting something like MILF, Buzz, and Stitch in "Tomorrowland" was already punting on the theme. Just rename it "Animationland" and be done with it. Really, the only things that aren't focused on some animation is People Mover and Space Mountain.

You have to ask yourself, is it that hard to look into the future?

*1023*

Nope - Attraction closures and upcharge events as far as the eye can see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom