Stitch Rage

I like Stich but I hate how Disney has milked the character. Last October it seemed you couldnt walk a mile into a shop in Disney without bumping into some Sitich related stuff.

It's a bit like what happened with Roger Rabbit, after Who Framed Roger Rabbit was a huge hit Disney started slapping him all over the parks, planned rides ect. Now theres no trace of him in the parks (Though this may also be down to the fact Disney and Amblin cant make agreements or uses of the character too). I suspoect after this year we'll see a lot less of Stich around.

BTW Lilo and Stitch was a good movie, not the best and much better suited to pre-schoolers but still good.

dxwwf3

Herk said:
So they would of eventually got ridden of Alien Encounter anyway.

Again, that's not the point. People are upset about the way it was handled and the fact that it closed after 8 years. If this had happened after AE had been open for say 15 years and if the attraction was replaced with a better attraction under better circumstances, the backlash wouldn't have been quite as bad.

Vernonpush

Scar Junior said:
The original concept of mickey too...

(if you'll remember, Donald was created to take the place that Mickey started out as, so the Mick could become a cute admirable character)

I think that Stich is first "lovable bad guy" that Disney has been able to develop since Donald Duck. Is it just me, or does Donald not appear in the parks very much? I think the only time I've seen him was at the Disney Visa Character photo place in Epcot's Innoventions West.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Stitch is an amazing story. Theoretically, the genetically created beast should have thrashed the little girl within minutes. Her warm heart turned him around and created compassion where there was NONE. The movie is about the shattered but innocent love of a little girl that can turn full force hate into a very adoring character. It's the tale of warming a cold dark heart. It is essentially Beauty and the Beast all over again, but in a more true human form, and without the romantic undertones. It also works much better. So if you hate park Stitch, hate marketing. If you really want to know who the character is, watch the movie. (the sequels, not so much, but Stitch has a Glitch was just as warm) The two, Lilo and Stitch really go together almost as much as Chip/Dale, and more closely than any other Duo in Disney Cannon. Maybe Bernard and Miss Bianca too, but there isn't anywhere as much substance there.

Kandi

I love Stitch, i think he's really sweet! I liked the film as well but i've not been on the ride yet but i'm going back in august so i might go on it then. My hamster is called Stitch because when i got him he wreaked everything he touched and it reminded of Stitch in the film!

Edeyore

dopey said:
Hmmm... I would think he's more like Jar Jar Binks.

Jar Jar was named the most annoying character in film history. I don't think Stitch is that bad. I know from the revenue figures, Disney definitely likes Stiich. He has been their first alien merchandising superstar.

Manders

Vernonpush said:
I think that Stich is first "lovable bad guy" that Disney has been able to develop since Donald Duck. Is it just me, or does Donald not appear in the parks very much? I think the only time I've seen him was at the Disney Visa Character photo place in Epcot's Innoventions West.

Donald seems to be making a comeback via Mickeys Philharmagic. I was pretty happy to pick up some Donald souvenirs last triip!

jedimaster1227

Herk said:
No offence to everyone but Stich is one of the best characters apart from the cast from Hercules, the ride is pretty cool though - however the whole point of the parks and walts vision was to keep on updating. So they would of eventually got ridden of Alien Encounter anyway.

On a side note - Studios needs a Hercules attraction

They got rid of AE because it was too scary. They wanted to replace it with a "fun and friendly" show, namely Stitch. Too bad it wasn't what they asked for (or paid for-even after a second tweaking).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom