Stitch Rage

1disneydood

AE was my second all time favorite attractions at any of the parks. They could have replaced AE with Mickey Mouse and I would have had an instant dislike for him. Heck, they could have put Mr. Toad in there and I still would have rathered AE.

I think that may be others problem too. It's not simply Stitch hating. It's removal of AE hating.:fork:

dopey

CommandoDisney said:
stitch is the han solo of the disney charater world...

and that takes the cake for the nerdiest thing ive ever said.

Hmmm... I would think he's more like Jar Jar Binks.

Walter

I understand that Stitch is "invading" everything partially because that's what he does, and this was probably planned, but I can gaurantee you that it wouldn't have happened if the movie hadn't been popular (then again, we all know that.) As much as I disliked the movie, I don't necessarily mind the character, but when he's on EVERYTHING, and it becomes about Stitch, not about the parks or any of the other characters or any of the fun, and it becomes Stitch World (I wouldn't be surprised,) then it starts to get boring...and annoying.

Manders

I was pretty resistent to Stitch until the movie was on ABC last week. For some reason, I just didn't like the idea of Stitch. That dislike was reinforced when I went to MK and saw he had taken over AE!! I was horrified!! (Okay, maybe horrified is a little strong... on the other hand, maybe not.:lol: ) Anyway, I finally gave in and watched the movie and...it's not so bad! I was really surprised! I live in Hawaii (on Kauai) and was impressed with how much the movie really is like home! They did a great job! Now my negative feelings for Stitch are diminishing, little by little. Hopefully, by my September trip they'll be gone completely!!

Scar Junior

JimboJones123 said:
Just like Chip/Dale -- Donald/Hewie/Louie/Dewie -- Humphrey -- Cheshire -- Pan -- shall I go on?

The original concept of mickey too...

(if you'll remember, Donald was created to take the place that Mickey started out as, so the Mick could become a cute admirable character)

jedimaster1227

STR8FAN2005 said:
He's a pesky, annoying, rude, ugly character that I don't appreciate in the least.

Which do you really prefer, Stitch or the new Figment (and if you really want to stretch far enough, Nigel Channing)?

Scar Junior

jedimaster1227 said:
Which do you really prefer, Stitch or the new Figment (and if you really want to stretch far enough, Nigel Channing)?

I'd much much rather have the original JII than AE. The majority of Disney Fanatics would agree. And if some don't believe it, I propose someone to make it a poll.

Stitch is "annoying" but that's the point. His character grew from a selfish mooch to a lovable family member. I think this character is comparable to the metaphorical "black sheep" that many of us (including myself) or our loved ones can relate to. This theme even dates back to the Old Testament...

I'm not in love with the film, but upon further review it is very smart.

Great thread idea Jimbo!

dxwwf3

Scar Junior said:
I'd much much rather have the original JII than AE. The majority of Disney Fanatics would agree. And if some don't believe it, I propose someone to make it a poll.

But that's not the question. I would take new Figment over Stitch any day. A lesser Figment is better than no Figment at all. You can at least somewhat compare those characters. Comparing AE to JII would be like saying: What did you like better Scream or The Princess Bride? :animwink:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Scar Junior said:
So is Jack Sparrow. :)

Took the words right out of my mouth....nothing says hypocracy like saying you hate something, only to openly promote something else exactly like it.:wave:

dxwwf3

Fievel said:
Took the words right out of my mouth....nothing says hypocracy like saying you hate something, only to openly promote something else exactly like it.:wave:

I think Sparrow is funny though. Stitch only becomes a good character to me at the end of the film. While L&S wasn't one of my favorite Disney films, a B- if that tells you anything, even I have to admit that I couldn't help but feel for the loveable Stitch at the end. Lightning McQueen could be considered similar, but he never really annoyed me during the first part. Stitch did, but I've always said I found Lilo to be more annoying.

Scar Junior

dxwwf3 said:
But that's not the question. I would take new Figment over Stitch any day. A lesser Figment is better than no Figment at all. You can at least somewhat compare those characters. Comparing AE to JII would be like saying: What did you like better Scream or The Princess Bride? :animwink:

I was responging to Jedi Master's comment: "Which do you really prefer, Stitch or the new Figment" Granted, he was was talking about characters, I felt that the application to the ride was relevant.

dxwwf3

Scar Junior said:
I was responging to Jedi Master's comment: "Which do you really prefer, Stitch or the new Figment" Granted, he was was talking about characters, I felt that the application to the ride was relevant.

Maybe comparing SGE to Journey Into Imagination with Figment would have been a better comparison? :lookaroun

I mean sure if you want to say that the original JII would be the most popular attraction out of all mentioned, that's fine and you could very well be correct.

CaptainMichael

jedimaster1227 said:
Do I really have to chose???? I guess I choose Figment because I absolutely despise Stitch and know nothing about Channing. Figment was created especially for Epcot and One Lil Spark is quite catchy.

And btw, Stitch doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jack Sparrow. Two very different characters. Jack is actually funny and has an aura about him that I absolutely love.

Scar Junior

STR8FAN2005 said:
Do I really have to chose???? I guess I choose Figment because I absolutely despise Stitch and know nothing about Channing. Figment was created especially for Epcot and One Lil Spark is quite catchy.

I think you are reading it wrong. His point is that a Stitch addition is less intrusive than the NEW Figment.

CaptainMichael

Scar Junior said:
I think you are reading it wrong. His point is that a Stitch addition is less intrusive than the NEW Figment.
I attend neither, so I can't accurately judge, but I know that I can't stand the smallest dose of Stitch, and I like the original Figment character.

Herk

No offence to everyone but Stich is one of the best characters apart from the cast from Hercules, the ride is pretty cool though - however the whole point of the parks and walts vision was to keep on updating. So they would of eventually got ridden of Alien Encounter anyway.

On a side note - Studios needs a Hercules attraction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom