Stitch has gone CRAZY!!!

mkepcotmgmak

for those of you doubting this - it happened. i was there. no one was injured, and disney took COMPLETE care of these Guests in TRUE Disney form.

edit - let me add this - the fluid is not toxic unless swallowed. even if it gets in your eye you can wash it out quickly with no injuries. i used to work in the tiki room, and zazu sprang a leak (from a rather humorous location) during a show - that is when i learned that the fluid is not toxic, nor will it burn your skin off... well, maybe if it stays on for a long period of time, but Coke will do the same thing.

Yen_Sid1

Most AA's use hydraulic oil due to smooth and quick response. Only small functions use pneumatics usually digital functions. Larger Analog functions are always hydraulic. The oil does not heat up, it has a good heat coefficient and there is hardly any friction. It does not burn exposed skin either. All it did was mess up some people's clothes. And Disney gave them some new ones. It has happened before with diiferent AA's.

All the functions are monitored and so is the hydraulic level. As soon as it sees the level drop, the AA shuts down and no more hydraulic pressure.

djronnieb

I was there when it happened, and look at the photo i snapped just as he exploded:

stich.jpg

ScrapIron

Isn't that figure in a tube of some sort? Maybe it raises or lowers, only saw it once. It certainly filled the room with the smell of fish when I first read about it.

Cheers.

Rob562

Not a hydraulic leak, but there was one time I saw SGE and it appeared Stitch's water line for his "spit" was leaking. It looked like he was "sweating" quite a lot, his clothing was soaked...

-Rob

metscool

Wow. Stitch has gone crazy. Who would of thought that. Hey what is next The guy on CoP goes cazy too. And everyone thinks it is a joke.

T-1MILLION

Dang Stitch will not be happy until he is Mickey. He is/has already taking over merchandise all over Disney. Now he wants to top Mickey's spontanious combustion in the finale of Fantasmic with his own combustion. When will this end?!?!?!!!!!!
:p

Stitch exploding was actually the best news myself has ever heard. Just as long as none of the guests or CMs were hurt.

Kronos

The Truth

Screamscape spies sent us an interesting story that Disney apparently was able to keep under the news radar. It seems that things got a little out of control inside Stitch’s Great Escape a couple of weeks ago when apparently in the middle of a show the Stitch figure, which will filled with hydraulic fluid, apparently exploded that fluid all over the captive audience. Hydraulic fluid is said to burn and irrate bare skin on contact, so the whole theater full of people had to be taken backstage to be cleaned up, given all new clothing and apparently comped them to infinity and beyond to keep the occurrence quiet. Of course this isn’t the first time something like this has happened with an animatronic figure...
Almost, but not quite, entirely wrong.

I spoke to a CM who was there. They told me the following:

* It was The Sarge (in the preshow), not Stitch, that sprayed hydraulic fluid.
* The CM who was supposed to be monitoring the show stepped away from their post for a few minutes. When they returned and saw what was happening, they realized they didn't know where the Emergency Stop button was located and a trainer had to rush in to stop the preshow.
* The guests, to a person, demanded to proceed to the main auditorium to see the main show rather than exit the attraction or clean up.
* While an Ambulance was called, nobody needed medical attention, although some guests did request a private area in which to get cleaned up.
* Guests who were sprayed were given a readmittance ticket and a t-shirt. They were told that if they wanted additional items to replace ruined clothing they should file a claim at Guest Relations (City Hall).
* No guests or CMs were asked to hush-up the incident or not discuss it.

Not in the Sentinel because it's a non-story. Nothing to see, kids. Move along.

Kronos

Since when has that stopped them? The lady falling outside of Mission: Space was a non-story too, but that got coverage.
Ah, but that was because it happened outside the ride the Slantinel called "The most hazardous ride at Walt Disney World" (and then, only because "the wildest ride in the wilderness" was already taken).

dbogue

never knew about that JP incident in Hollywood! that must've SUCKED! MUCh bigger animatronic there.....altho still....to see stitch go crazier than he already does....

dbogue

never knew about that JP incident in Hollywood! that must've SUCKED! MUCh bigger animatronic there.....altho still....to see stitch go crazier than he already does....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom