Stitch Escape to feature Skippy!!!!!

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Well, it looks like Stitch's Great Escape will have Skippy from AE in it!! Also, the new show has upped its special effects budget and will include 3 new effects that weren't previously budgeted. But this is at a price. The Nightmare Before Christmas redo of the Haunted Mansion is being delayed because of this. But I'm just happy they decided to do things right, instead of on the cheap, this time around!

Here's the link to where I got my 411...

http://jimhillmedia.com/articles/guest/fab.01122004.1.htm

dxwwf3

Well I certainly hope this is true. And maybe if they mentioned XS-Tech in the preshow. I guess that would make me feel a little better.

General Grizz

I can verify that Skippy and SIR are coming back. . .

. . .at least in some form.

A virtual product feast or famine, some Disney characters are everywhere, while your favorite may be completely forgotten.

- Roy Disney on brand new website.

Who here will bet that, if Roy were in charge, Dreamfinder would come back to the Imagination pavilion??

Shaman

I'm holding all judgement on this attraction good/bad until I have seen it with my own eyes...because it replaced one of my favorites at WDW....*sigh*

Shaman

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Who here will bet that, if Roy were in charge, Dreamfinder would come back to the Imagination pavilion??

Things would be very different if Eisner were no longer in charge...I think anyone will bet on that....

Hopefully those days are not too far away....

dxwwf3

Let me be more clear on what I said to begin with:

I hope the CHARACTER of Skippy will be back in some form. I think we all know the actual animatronics of S.I.R. and Skippy will be back but if the CHARACTERS of S.I.R. or at least Skippy that will make me VERY happy.

General Grizz

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Let me be more clear on what I said to begin with:

I hope the CHARACTER of Skippy will be back in some form. I think we all know the actual animatronics of S.I.R. and Skippy will be back but if the CHARACTERS of S.I.R. or at least Skippy that will make me VERY happy.

Agreed! Just like we have Bugs Bunny as the star in Journey into Imagination with Figment. :lookaroun

GoofyFan1

I'm glad to hear that they are going to put more money into the stitch ride. It's nice to see they are doing something right. But....

I'm going to be in the minority here in saying I'm glad they aren't going to have the holiday version of the haunted mansion. While my family loves NBC, we plan to visit WDW every year at Christmas time, only time the whole family can go. I know that the people who get to go to WDW all the time want this change over to happen, but those of us who can't get to the park at any other time would like to see the real deal.

Sorry, but that's just how this family feels.

FigmentJedi

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Agreed! Just like we have Bugs Bunny as the star in Journey into Imagination with Figment. :lookaroun
Figment is not like the uberbunny, he's just suffering partly from Gollumitis from losing Dreamfinder, and is "ruining the tour" as revenge against the Institute for kicking out Dreamfinder and being shoving away from the children and Figketeers that love him.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I'm hoping that once this round of new attractions are built and ready that the days of Disney appearing to be "cheap" would be over. With each of the new attractions being built (especially EE), Disney is not using a shoe string budget, but is doing it right.

Grizzly, I think Eisner learned his lesson and things are really changing and he does not need to be booted out.

MagicalMonorail

That article said it's going to be kid-friendly. I hope they don't do it too kiddie. Teens enjoyed going to AE because it scared them, at least for a little while, and it was a thrill. As a teen, I'm not going to keep going to a show filled with jokes for 5 year olds. I just hope the jokes are gearing towards everyone and the effects are really awesome. I'm just going to have to put my trust in Imagineering.

1disneydood

Disney has quite a few "kid friendly" rides that are great. If they make it kid friendly, it should still have the disney kick to it.

DisneySaint

I'm extremely happy to hear that Skippy and S.I.R. may be coming back! Disney has gotten better about novelty lately (Mr. Toad picture in Pooh, Horizons logo and wheel in M:S, etc.), so I wouldn't be surpised if they throw a thing or two in there.

A.E. was and always will be a terrific attraction. Unfortunately, it should have been in Epcot or MGM ... in which case I think it's chances for survival would have been much higher. Unfortunately it's placement caused all those ignorant, oblivious parents to take their screaming kids in there and then complain because THEY didn't read the sign. Buuuuut.... you've heard all this before and I'm just ranting. Long live A.E. and may it rest in peace.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by DisneyJoey
[BUnfortunately it's placement caused all those ignorant, oblivious parents to take their screaming kids in there and then complain because THEY didn't read the sign. [/B]

Hey it never gets old hearing that! The truth shall set you free :lol:

GoofyFan1

Originally posted by Tahu
Figment is not like the uberbunny, he's just suffering partly from Gollumitis from losing Dreamfinder, and is "ruining the tour" as revenge against the Institute for kicking out Dreamfinder and being shoving away from the children and Figketeers that love him.

Can someone explain why there is the pervasive idea that Journey Into Imagination is a bad ride? I understand that Dreamfinder was a large portion of the ride and everyone is sad to see him go, but any ride that supports the use of anyone's imagination is ok with me. To be completely honest, and taking into account that I am new to all this, I rode Imagination back when Dreamfinder was there (1997) and don't remember that much. Now in my house there is hardly a day that someone isn't humming the imagination song, or my daughter isn't carrying her figment doll.

When I take my kids to Epcot the first thing they ask to do is to go see Figment. Some times change takes time to get used to. I agree that seeing old "friends" is great , but making new "friends" can be equally satisfying.

CTXRover

Originally posted by Disneyfan81
That article said it's going to be kid-friendly. I hope they don't do it too kiddie.

I don't know if you've seen Philharmagic or not, but just for comparison, Philharmagic's press release indicated that it would be very kid-friendly also. For those who haven't seen it, and those who have probably will agree with this, it is nothing short of wonderful. Kid-friendly doesn't mean its "lame" or "cheap", it just means that the attraction is what Walt Disney himself wanted, attractions that the kids and parents could enjoy together. Kids are the most sensitive when it comes to what they can and can't do/handle, and thus an attraction being kid-friendly just means that kids will enjoy it just as much as the "older" kids ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom