Stitch Chamber Closed

MerlinTheGoat

You guys are seriously paranoid. I think things are even more pathetic when new members get accused of being banned because they criticize you for being extremely rude to someone else. I don't have a dynamic IP. My IP is static right now. I registered with it and all my posts have it, and it's not the same as whoever you're talking about.

I don't even want to see the Avengers movie. Joss Whedon is terrible and ruined Aliens Resurrection with 10 year old level screenwriting. Why would I name myself after something made by someone I already dislike and think will be disappointing?

I don't know who you are, i'm simply informing you that IP addresses are hardly any proof as to whom someone is as they can indeed be changed with the proper tools.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
wait, someone likes that ride?

I always enjoyed it. With other people. It's not fun by yourself. But it's fun to see my friends reactions on this ride. We always love it. I don't understand why people have so much hate for it. Because it replaced a once GREAT attraction. This version isn't good, but it's not completely bad either. It's.. "okay". I happen to like it and I always end up going on it every trip. Opinion has be spoken! Peace! :cool:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Slipknot

To the OP. When I worked SGE back in late-05 to early-06, both chambers closed multiple times on a daily basis. Don't know the statistics these days but closing for maintenance issues that don't take long to fix isn't exactly news worthy. Heck, one time sarge's arm was tweaked in a weird way and literally broke off in the middle of the pre-show and that didn't make the news section. Now if a guest passed away, got injured or something else, then the whole attraction would close and that would be, unfortunately, news worthy (just ask the local media here in Central Florida :rolleyes:).

As for Stitch, I like the character, despise the attraction. To each their own.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I like Stitch as a character, but I think part of the hatred for the attraction is because it was blatantly obvious that Disney basically re-themed an existing attraction on the cheap and tried to make it kid-friendly....and failed miserably.

Its still loud, dark and can be scary for little kids.

Disney could have used the same space and made a much more relevant attraction, and put a Stitch attraction someplace else. Tokyo's Tiki Room with Stitch actually works quite well, and isn't as offensive as New Management was.

I understand why they closed Alien Encounter, it shouldn't have been put into MK to begin with. They should have put it in DHS and it would probably still be open today.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
And how is she supposed to know that? Do you expect everyone to work for the park? Why are you criticizing her for asking a totally legitimate question?

Have you ever been on a discussion forum before? :shrug:

Why do you continue to try to control the attitudes of people on this forum?

I see that your email address ends in "97"...What are you like 15 years old? Don't classes start back tomorrow? :sohappy:

Slipknot

And how is she supposed to know that? Do you expect everyone to work for the park? Why are you criticizing her for asking a totally legitimate question?

Um. I wasn't criticizing anyone... Just trying to show how some things that happen at WDW aren't always news worthy. Don't be so quick to assume that everyone is against the OP.

Don't classes start back tomorrow? :sohappy:

Don't remind me. :brick:

Anywho. I maintain that the only good thing to come of the Stitch attraction was the promotional thing they did with the castle. I got a kick out of that one.

Lilo & Stitch is a favorite of mine, and I still refuse to step foot in that attraction after the first ride I had. I mean, I was tiny and traumatized when I rode Alien Encounter; I wanted nothing to do with the ride... until I rode Great Escape for the first time.

Kamikaze

Yea it is....close a side POTC or TOT or SM. Its news there it still news on stitch people just dont care as much. dont be so snappy:hurl:

Being down for a time and being 'closed' are completely different things. Also, you can't compare a ride to a show. The closest would be one of the M:S centrifuges being down for part of a day. Not a big deal.

El-Fuego

Stitch That!

Love Stitch, fave character, hate this "attraction". We were expecting a ride and basically sat on some seats in the dark while some smoke wafted in. Then the shoulder restraints beat me into submission. Woo hoo! We now recreate the experience at home by turning the lights off while my wife beats my shoulders with two broom sticks. Get rid of this sucky waste of time and give Stitch the attraction he deserves.:mad:

Stitchling

I haven't posted here much but saw this one and had to.

I love Stitch too! Yes I know I'm in the minority. :ROFLOL:

I am not however, a huge fan of the attraction. (can't really call it a ride can we?) My family endures it every time we go for my benefit, but the last time half the effects didn't work and I was disappointed. I wish they'd come up with something different and better for the little blue guy! Their last idea, the stage show, was a TOTAL disaster!

My family have bets every year on how many little kids I'll mow down to get to Stitch. I'm happy to report that it hasn't happened yet. I stand happily and anxious with all the other kids. :wave:

jpittore1

bring back Alien Encounter!

I loved Alien Encounter! I know Disney would not bring back Alien Encounter, therefore....Stitch has to GO!

jamiek81

Both my husband and I really love Stitch, but hated the attraction. Though I was not a fan of the original Alien Encounter (mostly because hot air or "breathing" on my neck really made my skin crawl), but my husband would prefer it go back to the original. When we were at the park in August for just one day, Stitch was on the bottom of our list of "must do" things at the park. It is WAY overdue for a redo and possibly redone in to some other attraction.

zweltar

I loved Alien Encounter. I cannot stand Stitch's Great Escape. While I do not think that AE belonged in the MK, I sure wish they would switch it back. It would be a great fit at DHS, methinks.

I haven't ridden SGE in several visits now because it is not worth my time (to me). I would rather ride another attraction for the fifth time on a trip than go to SGE once on a trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom