Stitch Chamber Closed

bdearl41

Last time i did this ride, August last summer, i think there were maybe 15 people on the ride/attraction. the cool thing was though, the people working the pa system at the beginning let me do the whole welcome, no pictures, no food speech. i guess because they knew what a joke the attraction has become.

Perfect place for a new attraction.

Wow, I'm really shocked at how outright rude some posters are. The OP clearly states the attraction is a favorite of the family. Just because a great number of people hate the attraction doesn't mean you almost flat-out insult the OP for liking it!

OP, I'm sorry you got such a rude reaction. At least some of us on this forum still possesses some tact. They're just hard to find these days.

Fact is, a lot of MK attractions are in dire need of refurbs, regardless of whether they are widely beloved or not :shrug:

I am a HUGE Lilo and Stitch fan, I love Stitch, and I collect Stitch pins, but this attraction doesn't do it for me. Haven't been in there since the first year it opened. I wish we got cute and fluffy more than evil psycho monster. I think the idea for the attraction isn't a bad one, but using Stitch just wasn't the best idea. To me he's much more endearing when he isn't trying to burp on everyone and steal their left shoes.

BUT I always love getting news from the parks, so thanks for posting. I didn't even know that there WERE two chambers... :shrug:

RalphinSC

I was going to say the same thing -- its almost universally revered....I know I want my 7 minutes back after attending....

That being said -- it was down while I was there a few weeks ago for one of the three days...must be some problems...

I don't think revered means what you think it means. :drevil:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/revere

I'm not trying to flame or play grammar nazi. I just got a chuckle out of it when you said that. It may have been the first time I've ever seen that particular collection of words used together (Stitch and revered).

I think reviled would be what you were looking for.

(and even then, reviled means to use a curse word at; so ti may not be the exact word to perfectly describe it. I kinda like the ride myself. Stitch did hock a loogie on my son the last time we rode so he didn't exactly have a good time on it, however.)

RSoxNo1

People are entitled to like Stitch. I hate when people suggest closing an attraction without a replacement.

I'd be all for replacing Stitch with something better, but to simply close it with no replacement is a poor decision for us fans.

RSoxNo1 - At first, I loved your post. Then I read the 2nd sentence...

So are you against replacing Stitch with something better or in favor of closing Stitch in favor of an empty building? Either way, I fail to understand why.

Gregoryp73

I am a HUGE Lilo and Stitch fan, I love Stitch, and I collect Stitch pins, but this attraction doesn't do it for me. Haven't been in there since the first year it opened. I wish we got cute and fluffy more than evil psycho monster. I think the idea for the attraction isn't a bad one, but using Stitch just wasn't the best idea. To me he's much more endearing when he isn't trying to burp on everyone and steal their left shoes.

BUT I always love getting news from the parks, so thanks for posting. I didn't even know that there WERE two chambers... :shrug:

Disney Magic!! Yeah I was unaware there were two chambers as well...

I just wish they would stop upgrading with this one and just do an original piece. The seating arrangement goes all the way back to "Mission to Mars"!

While I think stitch is a nice original character to come into the disney fold, I think I'm with others on this board calling for the retirement of this fellow. It's not TL...it's just Otherland. TL should showcase not only the world of tomorrow but also the ride's of tomorrow....

Let's see some holograms, let's transport the audience instead of a furry little trouble maker. Disney was built into a multibillion dollar industry because people couldn't figure out the magic trick. Like the next gen characters where people say "how the heck did they do that?"

The animatronics are cool at stitch, but there really isn't any wow factor with any part of the attraction.

On Thursday, my family went to Magic Kingdom, and because we love the attraction so much, we went to Stitch's Great Escape first. We went to the chamber on the left and everything was great as usual. When we went on the right, there was too much smoke, and one of the cannons wasn't even operating! On Friday, we went to inform a CM, and she told us the right chamber was closed. I'm not sure how the WDW Magic site was not informed about this, but the chamber on the right definitely closed.

Did i read this wrong or does it say ' we love the attraction '????

Just joking.. everyone has different opinions.

TropicalFig8

I'd be all for replacing Stitch with something better, but to simply close it with no replacement is a poor decision for us fans.

file.php

Well said.

ChristianG

On Thursday, my family went to Magic Kingdom, and because we love the attraction so much, we went to Stitch's Great Escape first. We went to the chamber on the left and everything was great as usual. When we went on the right, there was too much smoke, and one of the cannons wasn't even operating! On Friday, we went to inform a CM, and she told us the right chamber was closed. I'm not sure how the WDW Magic site was not informed about this, but the chamber on the right definitely closed.

Because nobody cares about Stitch's Great Escape.

On a more serious note, are they really letting this ride fall apart too?

rct247

rct247 - Finally! Someone that helps! Your detailed post really helped me, even told me some stuff I didn't even know about my favorite ride! A+, boy! :sohappy:Now, I'm going to go make me a sandwich. :wave:

You're welcome. Let's just say I see the show at least 20 times a week if not 20 times a day. ;) I love the special effects. They make me yearn to have seen it as Alien Encounter. The storyline and the fact that people don't know what it is to just end up being disappointed that it isn't a roller coaster, doesn't spin, and their small children were scared from watching are what make me hate the attraction.

The Empress Lilly

I wish we got cute and fluffy more than evil psycho monster.
Stitch singing Hawaiian hula music in an Elvis outfit...yes please!

Stitich would be just as appropriate in Adventureland or the Polynesian. Possibly more so, since the story of Stitch is about his growth from obnoxious alien to cute and fluffy Hawaii family man (/pet/dog/alien).

Please, WDW, if you are reading this: no Stich in AL or the Poly. I'm talking hypothetical fir. Keep cartoons out.

jasonfresta

wow.. alot of interesting reactions to the OP.

i happen to like Stitch's Great Escape...almost as much as I hate the Snow White ride that everyone else thinks is amazing.

no.. you don't go anywhere. it's not a ride. i'm pretty sure Space Mountain is a ride.. you can go on that and everyone will be happy.

MansionGoer13z

A little late I know but this is grand news that Stitch is losing its steam. Hopefully TDO will wake up and smell the coffee on this one and shut it all down when they go for the major overhaul of tomorrowland. I'm picturing a Tron attraction will soon replace this cancer of the MK.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yes this is America...and the freedom to express one's opinion priceless....my immediate family rates this attraction as the least favorite and worst of all of WDW...we laughed when we saw the Stitch Stage Show being built only to be closed a few weeks later. So it is a source of amusement for us simply to note the fastpass machines being open with a consistent 10 minute wait. Nothing wrong with someone else liking it at all. And yes I read this thread simply for amusement factor nothing more. :lookaroun

My favorite attraction is BTM....and if someone else doesn't agree that's ok with me too!!! Doesn't deter from my fascination with it. In fact if less peeps liked it I could ride it many more times in a row!!!!:sohappy: So PLEASE enjoy the fact that Stitch is not universally liked by the majority of this board or anywhere else...better access to something you like at Disney is always a good thing!!!!:animwink:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
.....But I draw the line with thoughts that Stitch would be a better manager than the that former burned bird who shall not be named....:eek:

The Original Tiki Room was and IS the best....nothing wanting imho.....I love what Wally Boag and Fulton Burley did for that show!!!:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom