Steve Jobs has died

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...obs-has-died/2011/10/05/gIQAS3ISOL_story.html

I viewed him as one of the most import people in terms of being a CEO and impact in terms of technology. He helped computers being mainstream and and released the iPod as an example. That is without bring up him owning the biggest amount of stock in Pixar.

A lot of Americans from my generation grew up with Apple IIe computers in our computer labs at school back in the 1980's and early 1990's. This was all due to Steve Jobs. I don't think of many CEO's that could save the company they founded after being forced out.

Steve has left a big legacy.

R.I.P.

Computer Magic

IMHO: He ranked up there with Walt w/ all he brought to technology and media.

Also along the ranks of Jim Henson.

after I posed this CNBC just compared Job's to Walt and then Edision.
Industry watchers called him a master innovator -- perhaps on a par with Thomas Edison -- changing the worlds of computing, recorded music and communications

Sassagoula-Rvr

Great visionary....I am not a big Apple fan at all....but he revolutionized technology, no one can argue with the fact that he and the company he built changed everything. I admire people like him, rest in peace Steve.

AND if you have never seen his Stanford commencement speech....you need to, truly amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA

think about his contributions:
-Mac/iMac
-FONTS
-Popularized MP3 players
-Popularized online music
-Revolutionized Cell phones
-SAVED Pixar
-Countless others
I own a couple things Apple but no Macs and I'm all Android on the phone front....but without Steve....we probably wouldn't even have the option.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Wasn't he the biggest private owner of Disney stock? I wonder if it will cause the decisions made around the company to be different. I wonder who will be getting all that power..

Wasn't a big fan of Steve Jobs other than the Pixar thing, but no one deserves what happened to him in the end.

BlueLightningTN

Here's to an awesome afterlife, because he made a lot of lives here much better. Surely there's some kind of justice in this universe of our's ;-)

Thanks, Steve - and a very saddened farewell.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Cancer sucks....in the end...it doesn't care how many relatives you have, how much money you have, how old you are, who you are...It doesn't matter. It is the #1 plight on human society....and I encourage all to do whatever they can to stand up to it. Support organizations that fund research or assist families fighting it.

RIP Steve.

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Maybe they should put a statue of him in DHS Pixar Place area?

That is a great idea since there is a Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse Statue at the Magic Kingdom. The other option is doing similar like DHS has One Man's Dream in terms of doing a tribute to Steve Jobs.

Computer Magic

That isn't a bad idea since there is a Walt Disney and Monkey Mouse Statue at the Magic Kingdom. The other option is doing similar like DHS has One Man's Dream in terms of doing a tribute to Steve Jobs.
I like the Steve Jobs tribute in Pixar Place and add the statue in front of the building.

Keep in in Pixar Place and not over shadow the park.

What he has done to entertainment alone should be honored for generations.

Disney could have an Apple Store after the walkthough...Sorry I could help myself :ROFLOL:

Tom

Beta Return
Like him or not....like his products or not....the man was a genius and a visionary and literally changed the way we live.

He can absolutely be likened to Walt in that he was ALWAYS looking to do the next thing, go a step further, and make things another notch better.

It's a tragedy that he suffered for so long and died at such a young age. His creative genius will be missed, even by us Windows and Android users.

Atomicmickey

RIP, Steve.

Just like Walt, and Jim Henson, and other visionaries before him, we're thankful for what they created, and mourn what might still have been.

Wish he could have gotten his hands in the theme parks. Just think . . . .

Ah, well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom