Steak at Walt Disney World

Tom P.

Original Poster
Simple one: What do you think is the best place to get a steak on property at Walt Disney World? And would you modify your answer if it needed to also be a place that was good for little kids?

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Almost every single Disney restaurant is good with kids. Hell you can get kids cuisine at Victoria and Albert’s for the young ones. So don’t worry about the kids, they’re the easy part. Just make sure you get a reservation that is on their meal schedule, not yours.

Almost every TS serves a fillet or strip steak. So I’m going to separate the Disney “Steakhouses” and the Disney Signature TS.

My favorite Disney Steakhouse is Steakhouse 71. It is a solid performer with a very decent selection of cuts and sides, all at a reasonable price, with a decent bar, ands good service.

My least favorite experience was Yachtsman. Unremarkable apps and sides, but the steaks and service were decent.

Dark horse was LeCelier. People love or hate it and I’ve been there for both. Some of it was my own fault for ordering a Ribeye and being surprise when it was a really fatty cut. It I had stopped going only because it had gotten really bad in general. When I was there in February it was a delightful surprise to find out it was significantly improved. Everything from the poutine to the sides and deserts were better. Not the best, but certainly coming back for.

For non Disney Steakhouses STK is pretty decent food wise but the vibe is loud and not great for young ones, especially with the loud music. Shullas is a solid performer and consistent with what you would expect out of a place with multiple restaurants.

Special Mentions include Takumi-Tei, which is a phenomenal experience to experience Top Wagyu cuts. But it’s not good for kids and if you don’t like Seafood.

While Steak isn’t the star at Jiko or California Grill they have really solid performers on the red meat front. Also if you’re into it, both locations have excellent Venison entrees. I can’t not help but gush over the Venison at California Grill.

Chi84

Premium Member
I can highly recommend The Boathouse in Disney Springs. People think it’s all seafood because of the name, but it is run by the same group that owns Gibson’s Steakhouse in Chicago. (The name Boathouse refers to the classic, restored boats that surround the restaurant.)

They have a lot of seating both inside and outside, including a partially enclosed patio. There’s also live entertainment. You can get excellent food, including Gibson’s-quality steaks, and it’s a great place to take kids.

It‘s as loud as can be though.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
My favorite is at Wine Bar George. And, yes, it's kid friendly. There's a kids menu but I don't know if it's on the website.

Screenshot_20240514_230003_Chrome.jpg

My next favorites are likely Topolinos, Steakhouse 71, Toledo, and Jiko. Of these, I think Steakhouse 71 is worth leaving MK and going out of way to go to Contemporary. I also think Topolino's is worth going out of one's way. I wouldn't go out of my way to Toledo and Jiko but if at Coronado or AKL already then I'd strongly consider.

I have not tried steak at Le Cellier, Yachstman, California Grill, and Tiffins so I still have a few left before earning my steak badge. 😁

Hockey89

Shula has the best steak on property and it's not even close. We bring our 5- and 6-year-old and they treat them great. Capa also has great steak as well....

Hockey89

Almost every single Disney restaurant is good with kids. Hell you can get kids cuisine at Victoria and Albert’s for the young ones. So don’t worry about the kids, they’re the easy part. Just make sure you get a reservation that is on their meal schedule, not yours.

Almost every TS serves a fillet or strip steak. So I’m going to separate the Disney “Steakhouses” and the Disney Signature TS.

My favorite Disney Steakhouse is Steakhouse 71. It is a solid performer with a very decent selection of cuts and sides, all at a reasonable price, with a decent bar, ands good service.

My least favorite experience was Yachtsman. Unremarkable apps and sides, but the steaks and service were decent.

Dark horse was LeCelier. People love or hate it and I’ve been there for both. Some of it was my own fault for ordering a Ribeye and being surprise when it was a really fatty cut. It I had stopped going only because it had gotten really bad in general. When I was there in February it was a delightful surprise to find out it was significantly improved. Everything from the poutine to the sides and deserts were better. Not the best, but certainly coming back for.

For non Disney Steakhouses STK is pretty decent food wise but the vibe is loud and not great for young ones, especially with the loud music. Shullas is a solid performer and consistent with what you would expect out of a place with multiple restaurants.

Special Mentions include Takumi-Tei, which is a phenomenal experience to experience Top Wagyu cuts. But it’s not good for kids and if you don’t like Seafood.

While Steak isn’t the star at Jiko or California Grill they have really solid performers on the red meat front. Also if you’re into it, both locations have excellent Venison entrees. I can’t not help but gush over the Venison at California Grill.
I have to be honest. The take that Steakhouse 71 has the best steak is pretty laughable. Having been there and many others, everybody agreed the steak sucked. Was small and lacked flavor. The pork chop is solid....

monorail81

That’s so sad because back in the day, it was top-notch. So much so that I had my wedding reception there. But, I can’t disagree with your assessment. Haven’t been there in years because it got lack luster as the price went up. Can’t justify the cost now When I can make a much better meal at home.

Hockey89

That’s so sad because back in the day, it was top-notch. So much so that I had my wedding reception there. But, I can’t disagree with your assessment. Haven’t been there in years because it got lack luster as the price went up. Can’t justify the cost now When I can make a much better meal at home.
It really was a great spot 20 years ago. It was a must and sometimes we went two times. It has it hard times...

Lilofan

Dinner at Takumi Tei at Japan looks like a winner to me ( Wagyu cuts , multi course ) at $250 per guest.

RoadiJeff

Same here. I did a bit of research to find a decent steakhouse last fall and somehow I chose Yachtsman, apparently based on some old reviews. I didn't think my ribeye was any better than what I could get at Outback for a lot less money. I won't even get into the lack of available free parking and the $34 valet charge that they try to hide until you get your car after the meal.

We usually eat at Shula's and, although it doesn't seem as "the best steak I've ever had anywhere", as it once did many years ago we still like it. I just wish they would enforce their dress code a bit more. Lots of people wearing shorts and tennis shoes.

Lilofan

Same here. I did a bit of research to find a decent steakhouse last fall and somehow I chose Yachtsman, apparently based on some old reviews. I didn't think my ribeye was any better than what I could get at Outback for a lot less money. I won't even get into the lack of available free parking and the $34 valet charge that they try to hide until you get your car after the meal.

We usually eat at Shula's and, although it doesn't seem as "the best steak I've ever had anywhere", as it once did many years ago we still like it. I just wish they would enforce their dress code a bit more. Lots of people wearing shorts and tennis shoes.
Shulas dress code allow khakis , " dress shorts " whatever that means.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Dinner at Takumi Tei at Japan looks like a winner to me ( Wagyu cuts , multi course ) at $250 per guest.

Takumi Tei was my favorite dining experience on property. I've not done V&A nor Bull & Bear to compare. Bull & Bear should also be cobsidered based on reputation.

plutofan15

Over the many times we have driven to resorts to dine, we have never had to use valet parking at any resort. Including Yacht Club, Grand Floridian and Contemporary among others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom