Steak at Walt Disney World

RoadiJeff

Over the many times we have driven to resorts to dine, we have never had to use valet parking at any resort. Including Yacht Club, Grand Floridian and Contemporary among others.
When we dined at Victoria and Albert's at the GF we used self-parking but there was a fee if we were not resort guests. They comped that at the restaurant.

At Yachtsman's, I drove around and around for what seemed like a long time and there was not a single empty parking spot in 3 different lots I searched in. Since it was now getting close to our dinner reservation time I used their valet service. I figured it would be a few bucks but if there had been a sign posted near the drop-off area about the $34 valet fee I would have parked over 1/2 mile away and jogged back to the restaurant after dropped off my wife at the entrance. The cost of dining at Yachtsman's just isn't worth it, $34 valet fee or not.

StarshipDisney

We went to Disney since 1972. Best steak I ever had at Disney was definitely at the Yak-n-Yeti at Animal Kingdom. It beat Steakhouse 71, Le Cellier, Brown Derby, and others.

Tom P.

Original Poster
Thank you all so much for your input! I am leaning in the direction of trying Steakhouse 71 since we have never been there before and also I love the Contemporary.

The discussion raised another question. This is going to be our first time staying off-property. We are going to be at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Which I guess is technically within Disney's gates, but not one of their hotels. We're driving to WDW so we'll have our vehicle with us. The day we go to Steakhouse 71 will probably not be a park day, so we'd be driving over to the Contemporary specifically for dinner. Any issues with getting in and parking there when you're not a resort guest as long as you have a dining reservation?

Figgy1

Thank you all so much for your input! I am leaning in the direction of trying Steakhouse 71 since we have never been there before and also I love the Contemporary.

The discussion raised another question. This is going to be our first time staying off-property. We are going to be at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Which I guess is technically within Disney's gates, but not one of their hotels. We're driving to WDW so we'll have our vehicle with us. The day we go to Steakhouse 71 will probably not be a park day, so we'd be driving over to the Contemporary specifically for dinner. Any issues with getting in and parking there when you're not a resort guest as long as you have a dining reservation?
It shouldn't be an issue as long as you have your reservation # unless over a holiday. I'd double check closer to your date of travel just to be sure

Lilofan

I recall on evening MK fireworks , some adjacent roads next to Contemporary are closed due to firework show so you may want to keep in mind. We remember security cast closing a road very near the resort with their vehicles. If you time it right you can see the fireworks after dinner where you are at.

Lilofan

When we dined at Victoria and Albert's at the GF we used self-parking but there was a fee if we were not resort guests. They comped that at the restaurant.

At Yachtsman's, I drove around and around for what seemed like a long time and there was not a single empty parking spot in 3 different lots I searched in. Since it was now getting close to our dinner reservation time I used their valet service. I figured it would be a few bucks but if there had been a sign posted near the drop-off area about the $34 valet fee I would have parked over 1/2 mile away and jogged back to the restaurant after dropped off my wife at the entrance. The cost of dining at Yachtsman's just isn't worth it, $34 valet fee or not.
At Yacht it is popular when convention guests are in town but you are right. It is not easy to find a spot when the resort is full.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I recall on evening MK fireworks , some adjacent roads next to Contemporary are closed due to firework show so you may want to keep in mind. We remember security cast closing a road very near the resort with their vehicles. If you time it right you can see the fireworks after dinner where you are at.

This should not be in issue most days if coming from Bonnet Creek. The drive should be up World Drive past TTC and continuing north to Contemporary. Roads are tightened north of Contemporary for some bigger shows like July 3/4 AND December 30/31.

Lilofan

This should not be in issue most days if coming from Bonnet Creek. The drive should be up World Drive past TTC and continuing north to Contemporary. Roads are tightened north of Contemporary for some bigger shows like July 3/4 AND December 30/31.
It was hairy on Osceola parkway one evening when a few shells fell on the roadway exiting WDW. It seemed like firework cannons were being launched in the shrubbery area near the roadway. It looked like the fireworks show for DHS.

Dad 2 M & M

I have to be honest. The take that Steakhouse 71 has the best steak is pretty laughable. Having been there and many others, everybody agreed the steak sucked. Was small and lacked flavor. The pork chop is solid....
I with you, but not quite as strong….

Steakhouse 71 is good, MAYBE very good on it’s better days….the portions are definitely small and the steak is decent.

Seems the Steakhouse might be another case of “following a blog” aka initial reviews of Woody’s Lunchbox followed by praise/recommendation from the forum…

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Dined at Topolino's Terrace a couple of nights ago. Ordered the Filet Mignon.
20240531_080942.jpg

Excellent steak, the pic doesn't do it justice. It was perfectly cooked (medium rare), savory and tender. Highly recommended.

Dayma

Steakhouse 71 has been sooo hit and miss for us in terms of steak. Sometimes you get a nice thick steak that's cooked well and then other times I get what looks like Flank Steak. It's sooo inconsistent. Heck Space 220 had a MUCH better steak the last time we went :(

The Colonel

The two steaks we had at Steakhouse 71 were so over salted and peppered they were inedible. I demanded my money back. It seems to be a trend at Disney that they try to cover up their bad cuts with a lot of salt, pepper and garlic butter (I'm looking at you Yachtsman and Le Cellier). It does not work.

Lilofan

The two steaks we had at Steakhouse 71 were so over salted and peppered they were inedible. I demanded my money back. It seems to be a trend at Disney that they try to cover up their bad cuts with a lot of salt, pepper and garlic butter (I'm looking at you Yachtsman and Le Cellier). It does not work.
I saw a video on the amount of salt and butter that gets put on a steak and I rethought about it regarding my cholesterol #s.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Takumi Tei was my favorite dining experience on property. I've not done V&A nor Bull & Bear to compare. Bull & Bear should also be considered based on reputation.
Takumi Tei is on my list to do next month. But having done Capa (Four Seasons) and Bull & Bear (Waldorf) I'd say BB is hands down the best steakhouse on property but its extremely expensive. But it is all very exceptional food and service. We have become regulars at BB when we are in town.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We must've gotten Steakhouse 71 on a bad night, because hubs and I agreed it was the worst steak dinner we'd ever had.

Haven't been to Yachtsman in a few years, that used to be our go-to. Sad to hear its declined.

Last.time.we were at WDW, (Xmas22-New Years23) I had an excellent steak at Flying Fish (which isn't actually a steakhouse, so never mind)

Dr.GrantSeeker

We must've gotten Steakhouse 71 on a bad night, because hubs and I agreed it was the worst steak dinner we'd ever had.

Haven't been to Yachtsman in a few years, that used to be our go-to. Sad to hear its declined.

Last.time.we were at WDW, (Xmas22-New Years23) I had an excellent steak at Flying Fish (which isn't actually a steakhouse, so never mind)
I personally don’t like the steak at Steakhouse 71. I ordered a filet medium once and they brought me out this flat over cooked piece of meat. I looked at the server and asked to confirm this was a filet and he said yes and that they use a different filet cut for a medium temp or more. Never heard that before and I’ve dined at some of the best steakhouses in the country.

Flying Fish while not a steakhouse has consistently always had some of the best steak for a Disney restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom