Staying offsite

So we'll be staying offsite in July, I think it's about 15 minutes drive from WDW.
Two questions:
1. Kinda naive question but since we'll be driving there, what is the earliest we can get in? Past paying for car parking etc...just so we know what time we need to set off to make the most of the mornings.
2. Is there a (preferably free) site where I can check out the best parks to go to on certain days? Obviously some parks will be busier on certain days, so again we want to make the most of the quieter parks...
Thanks! :wave:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I believe the parks open their lots at 7:00, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

Touringplans.com has a crowd calendar which gives the best estimated park days (and parks to avoid) throughout the year. Right now the calendar extends through June, so if you can wait a little while I'm sure July will be posted soon. If not, you can subscribe to them and get the July dates a little quicker. :wave:

Upvote 0

PhoenixSpirit

Original Poster
I believe the parks open their lots at 7:00, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

Touringplans.com has a crowd calendar which gives the best estimated park days (and parks to avoid) throughout the year. Right now the calendar extends through June, so if you can wait a little while I'm sure July will be posted soon. If not, you can subscribe to them and get the July dates a little quicker. :wave:

Thank you! I will check it out, I'm the planner in the group... fun times. :lol:

Upvote 0

wizards8507

In general, these are the busy days:

Magic Kingdom: Monday, Thursday, and Saturday
Epcot: Tuesday and Friday
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Sunday and Wednesday
Animal Kingdom: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

The busiest of buys days is Magic Kingdom on Mondays and Saturdays.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

The parking lots wil be open at least an hour before the published park opening times - check WDW park schedules regularly before you go (the hours can change almost daily as your chosen month nears).
In July a lot of American schools will be closed for summer - its going to be busy no matter which park you hit. Some say avoid the park with early morning EMH as resort guests will be there first. True, and if you follow that rule everyone else will be in the other three parks :hammer: Pick the park you want to visit, get there early (before rope drop) and head off for the major attractions early, and make the most of Fast Pass.
We've stayed offsite 3 times, twice for Easter and once in August. We've had a blast. Don't let staying offsite put you off. Just be prepared to queue a little more.
Enjoy

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We always stay offsite at a location one mile from the parks and we find that if we leave our room about 8:00 for a 9:00 opening we have plenty of time.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I am staying off site in August along International Drive. I love staying offsite because it gives me the flexibility to do some things non Disney while in Orlando. Here are my thoughts..

For MK - keep in mind you have to take the tram and the monorail or boat before you even get to the steps of MK.

Another piece of information, make sure you avoid the park that has early EMHs. I like going into a fresh park.

You will have a great time!!

Upvote 0
I know you asked for a free site, but I have to second Touring Plans. Not only will you get the crowd calendar, but you'll get access to wait times on your phone in the park which will come in very handy on a hot, busy day. We use it to park hop or even just to decide if it's worth it to walk across the park. You can probably find it for a reduced price--I think the All Ears newsletter gets you a few $$ off.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

PhoenixSpirit

Original Poster
I know you asked for a free site, but I have to second Touring Plans. Not only will you get the crowd calendar, but you'll get access to wait times on your phone in the park which will come in very handy on a hot, busy day. We use it to park hop or even just to decide if it's worth it to walk across the park. You can probably find it for a reduced price--I think the All Ears newsletter gets you a few $$ off.

Good luck.

Does it matter that I live in the UK? I went on the site, and it's in dollars :hammer:. Am I being naive or does that sound confusing? I don't see the value of getting the subscription because the next time I go to Florida will be in about 5/6 years :cry:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So we'll be staying offsite in July, I think it's about 15 minutes drive from WDW.
Two questions:
1. Kinda naive question but since we'll be driving there, what is the earliest we can get in? Past paying for car parking etc...just so we know what time we need to set off to make the most of the mornings.
2. Is there a (preferably free) site where I can check out the best parks to go to on certain days? Obviously some parks will be busier on certain days, so again we want to make the most of the quieter parks...
Thanks! :wave:

The lots open an hour before the park opens. And I like Touringplans.com - it is a very helpful site for which days to hit when.

Upvote 0

mickeymaniacs

I am a member of touringplans and if you don't want to pay the fee if you're not going back, I would be willing to help you with your dates. I am a member and I use it all the time.:) You can always send me a PM and I will get you the info

Upvote 0
Does it matter that I live in the UK? I went on the site, and it's in dollars :hammer:. Am I being naive or does that sound confusing? I don't see the value of getting the subscription because the next time I go to Florida will be in about 5/6 years :cry:

I think they would just convert it, but if you're really worried, you could email Henry or one of the other people over there--they're very accessible to subscribers.

The thing I like about it is that I never have to walk across the park on a hot day only to find the wait time for an attraction is unacceptable--I can just look at my phone. Same with parkhopping. I'll usually check to see if there are fastpasses left or check the wait times of another park to decide whether or not I want to leave the one I'm in. Plus, they have a chat feature, so if I need any question answered in the park, I can submit it and get some help. They've created a nice little community.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom