Staying at Poly, where to exercise with GF spa closing?

durangojim

We're staying at the Poly in a couple of months, and when we were there last month, we'd walk to the Spa at the GF to work out each day. Does anyone know what arrangements have been made for GF or Poly guests to exercise?

captainkidd

I've heard they will be shuttling GF guests to the spa at Saratoga Springs, so maybe that's what they're doing with Poly guests as well.

I'd call Disney to confirm.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

You will most likely be given access to the gym at the Contemporary and I could even see Wilderness Lodge. It's possible they will allow guests at these resorts to use any of the other gyms.

Upvote 0

Tigger 68

I stayed last year at Bay Lake Tower and had to use the CR weight room and it was the worst weight room I have used on Disney property. The person behind the desk even told me it was recently remodeled. I ended up just running the emergency stairs on the outside of the CR and did push ups every couple floors.

Upvote 0

desertrat

We always stay at the poly and use the gym everyday. My husband and I both work out and take turns at the pool with the kids. Traveling to contemporary would be a big time suck. I'm looking at staying at one of the epcot resorts because of this. Its really disappointing I love the poly and the size of the rooms. We also like the restaurants on the monorail. I wonder why disney didn't come up with some temporary gym solution. You would think they have some room somewhere they could turn into a temporary gym. When I talked to a cm they had no idea the gym and spa were closing. I think I will send an email to disney and see if I can get any answers.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Original Poster
R
We always stay at the poly and use the gym everyday. My husband and I both work out and take turns at the pool with the kids. Traveling to contemporary would be a big time suck. I'm looking at staying at one of the epcot resorts because of this. Its really disappointing I love the poly and the size of the rooms. We also like the restaurants on the monorail. I wonder why disney didn't come up with some temporary gym solution. You would think they have some room somewhere they could turn into a temporary gym. When I talked to a cm they had no idea the gym and spa were closing. I think I will send an email to disney and see if I can get any answers.

Please post what you find out.

Upvote 0

desertrat

R

Please post what you find out.

I will. The email I got back said my question would be answered within 10 days. We have had such great vacations at the poly. Were staying at the Bwi in oct for 4 days for the food and wine, but were planning on returning in april or May for a long 10 day stay. We really want to be at the poly, but no gym is a deal breaker.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom