Staying as Multiple Resorts During One Vacation

motueka68

Is it possible or has anyone stayed at multiple Resorts during one visit?
Say like 3-4 days each at 3 different Resorts over 10-12 days?

Just wondering if it can be done, what are the pros or cons of doing it...
Was thinking it would be a great thing to be able to experience different resorts over a 10-12 day visit...

Rob562

If you're OK packing up and moving after 4 or 5 days, then I say give it a try, at least once. Bell Services will move your luggage for you, and it's pretty painless (aside from the whole packing-up-and-moving thing).

Most people suggest always staying equal or "upgrading" your resort with each move, and not "downgrading", so that you're not (consciously or sub-consciously) "disappointed" with the lowering of the features.

That being said, I've changed resorts mid-trip 3 times before, and this June I will again, but it's always been out of necessity, and not by choice.

The first time we were on a budget, couldn't get All-Stars the entire trip, so we stayed at the Best Western on Hotel Plaza Blvd for 2 nights, and then Music for 6. That move required a taxi.

The second time a friend could only go for half the trip, and we were staying at Riverside. When he left, I transferred to Music because I couldn't afford Riverside solo. I let Bell Services handle the luggage.

Then we were staying at an off-site timeshare (Orange Lake) but wanted more than the week we had there, so we stayed 2 nights at Sports before moving, but we had a rental car, so it was painless.

This June, we'll stay at Pop for one night before transferring to BCV for a week. The solo night won't be bad, we just won't unpack anything expect the few things we need.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Meeko's Mom

Just returned from WDW after 7 days and swapping to two other locations. Stayed first 3 days at SSR in the Springs, Then transferred to Tree House Villa for 3 days and spent out last night at Bay Lake Tower. Although I liked seeing THV and BLT I would rather not have bounced around but unfortunately like Rob said it was more of a necessity due to me booking so late. There was nothing available for a solid week. On a good note, LOVED BLT and I did like THV but found it a little out of the way to get around. It may not have been to bad if we were staying longer than a week.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Our last visit we spent Christmas Day to December 30th at AKL. We packed up and spent New Years Eve to January 3rd at GF.
Its nice to experience two (or more) resorts in one stay however, the amount of park and leisure time that you lose when packing / unpacking and travelling between resorts must be factored into the equation.
When leaving AKL we packed up the night before, had breakfast and then waited for bell services. Once the cases were gone, we drove to GF, checked in and then hit the parks. That night we then had to unpack before being able to go to bed.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Done it before, and doing it again this July. Spending the first 8 nights at the Poly, and then moving to the GF for 8 nights.

We plan it so we don't lose any time at all really. MK is open late on Friday. I stay at the park with our oldest. My wife takes the younger boys back to the room, packs up. We get up early on Saturday, call Bell Services, tell them we're moving to the GF, and that's it. We head out for the day.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Was thinking it would be a great thing to be able to experience different resorts over a 10-12 day visit...

A 10 - 12 day trip is lovely! You will have such a great time!! My DH and I did a 10 day trip at one resort. It would have been nice to have had some time at a different resort - we stayed at the GF though and didn't want to leave! :lol:

I think 3 resorts might be pushing it for a 10 day trip. That would be a lot of moving. But you could split your trip in half and do 2 resorts. Which 3 resorts? were you considering? A great way to experience a resort is to go there and dine. We did that quite a bit during our 10 day trip - not only having wonderful meals but we got to explore and see the other resorts - check out where we want to stay next time! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Just for those who have done it...what about the dining plan? Would you need to check in/out and get new KTTW cards?
Plus, it is cheaper to have a 7 day pass rather than a 3 day pass so would you just book one ressie with a room only and the other with a 7 day pass? You couldn't do that with dining since it requires a package.
Just something to think about.
But if you are staying for 10 days, an annual pass may be cheaper. Just thinking outside the box.:)

Upvote 0

Rob562

Dining Plan complicates things a lot more...

Unless you have an AP or are staying on a DVC reservation (both of which can book the Dining Plan without a ticket purchase), it becomes less economical to do the Dining Plan and multiple resorts. At each one, you have to book a package with tickets in order to get the DDP. And because two 5-day tickets are a lot more expensive than a 10-day ticket, it really starts cutting into your wallet.

The only way to really do it semi-economically is to book the first reservation with a ticket that covers your entire vacation, and the second one with a 1-day ticket (or the 2-day minimum if on Free Dining), then save that 1- or 2-day ticket for your next vacation.

Doing this you just have to be very cognizant of a few things:
You have to use up Reservation #1's credits by midnight of the day you check out of that hotel.
You won't have access to Reservation #2's credits until you check in there.
Once you move, you'll have to juggle two cards... One for the second hotel, and the other for your continuing park admission. Plus, you have to be really careful not to accidentally use hotel #2's keys for park admission, as that would use up that day you're going to save, thereby killing any chance of budget savings.

All in all, probably best not to do split stays with the Dining Plan (unless you're an AP or DVC, as previously mentioned)

-Rob

Upvote 0

coachwnh

have done this on almost every trip. the bell services do a great job taking your stuff from one place to another. there is very little to do for you other than enjoy seeing and staying at different resorts over your stay!!! have a blast.

Upvote 0

motueka68

Original Poster
My plan was to stay at a value 3 days, then moderate 3 days, then deluxe for remainder
Yes I was planning on a dinning package as well.. but did not know you can't just book it all at once?

Seems to take the air out of my sails.. ha ha ha:shrug:

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

My plan was to stay at a value 3 days, then moderate 3 days, then deluxe for remainder
Yes I was planning on a dinning package as well.. but did not know you can't just book it all at once?

Seems to take the air out of my sails.. ha ha ha:shrug:
Yes, you will have 3 separate reservations but you can do online checkin ahead which will speed things up a little at each desk. I have never made 3 moves, should be interesting to experience the upgrade in rooms. We are staying 3 nights at the Poly and then moving to BLT for 8 nights in August.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

The move itself is no problem. Bell services will help move your luggage, just don't expect it to get there before mid to late afternoon and you will be fine.

But if you toss in dining plan it really loses its value. Since you need to buy a ticket for each portion of the dining plan (unless you have AP/DVC like a PP mentioned) you really lose any savings you might realize through the dining plan.

Upvote 0

mickhyperion

I've stayed in 3 different resorts over 9 nights (3 nights in each). I think it was one resort too many. Two resorts with 4 or 5 nights in each would have been better because I was always feeling like I had only just arrived and it was time to leave again. All the unpacking and repacking gets old too, unless you like living out of a suitcase and not unpacking at all. I never felt really settled in anywhere and pretty soon the vacation was over. Two resorts in a trip would probably be good because it would be something fun to look forward to halfway through, but still allow enough time to relax and get comfortable in each.

Upvote 0

Bri1121

I did three moves over 15 days. Two nights were outside Disney because we went to the Universal, then we were at my Uncles DVC at Old Key West for 10 nights and the rest at Port Orleans. It was a while ago and I dont remember it being a big deal or a waste of time. But in 15 days you can get a lot in! And lots of pool time. No dinning plan. And we didn't have kids at that point!

I would never do it with kids unless we had no choice!

Have fun!!

Upvote 0

LALALand

I've done it. We were there for 2 weeks and stayed at 3 different resorts. We started off at Port Orleans, then bounced to Coronado, and ended the trip at the Caribbean Beach. It was awesome, and the bell service moves all of your luggage for you. It's worth doing if you are there for a longer stay. Each resort is unique, and has different things that I love about them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom