Staying after hours??

Florida Man

Original Poster
My dad and I were talking today about Disney and he was wondering if anybody tried to stay in the park after the park closed?? And if you did, did you got caught or did you actually get to hide out and stay in the park?? If so where did you hide??

Disneyrules!!!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I have before, even when I'm off the clock, but security will ask you to leave if you're a guest. I've done a TON of late night photo shoots in the parks when they're closed (guests can get in the way of a shot.. so you do what you gotta do.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'd like to hear stories about security finding people trying to hide in various parts of WDW parks after closing.

Rehabilitated

Not sure how popular it is in WDW, but in Disneyland they find an average of 13 people trying to stay in the park after closing during peak hours. When I was a cast member I used to stay behind - one night I forgot I had parked in regular instead of cast parking and had to beg a security guy on his rounds to drive me out to my car :hammer:

The park is amazing and somewhat bizzare at night after the guests have left. I've seen security move people out of planters on the walkway between Fantasyland and Liberty Square, from behind the railroad station in Frontierland (pre-Splash Mountain), and from the river bank by Big Thunder.

Just to say I did it after a special event in 1990 when the park closed at 3:00am, I walked around (and napped a bit) until the park opened the next morning. It was cool seeing the first people trickle on to Main Street.

Not sure if they allow you to do it anymore, but in the pre 9/11 days, being a cast member in reservations pretty much gave you carte blance to go anywhere at any time. We were even encouraged to visit the resorts and partake in their facilities, a fireable offense for others. I can't tell you how many free Hoop-Dee-Doo Reviews and Luau's I ate at and how many comp'ed rooms I received - I learned to milk it early on...sorry for getting of topic...

...oh yeah, all the shops close and are locked up as are the attractions...

Florida Man

Original Poster
Originally posted by Fievel
I'd like to hear stories about security finding people trying to hide in various parts of WDW parks after closing.

I would too. So if you have any of your family or friends do that please tell us about that too!! :animwink:

Irrawaddy Erik

walking around after park close is one of my favorite things to do ..... its pretty cool walking around with out seeing anyone exept for the ocasional maitance CM .........sometimes its pretty weird thought they turn off the music and its very strange ....

pixiedust1010

When I worked at MGM, my store was always one of the last to close up so we would take our time in the deserted streets before leaving for the night. That is really my best memory of working there, the peacefulness and the beauty of the park when it was empty. The music would still be playing, and the lights still on, but it would be empty...it was then that you could see how the buildings are actually smaller than they appear--without the people, the illusion doesn't work as well. I loved to sit on a bench all by myself on Hollywood Blvd. and just take it all in. *Sigh* That's definitely what I miss the most. :(

RobFL

Account Suspended
Heh..

How could the rides possibly still be running? Running them takes people and after the shifts end for the day, we're not there anymore.

My fave guest question:

"Why doesn't this ride stay open later?"

Because i wanna go home sometime tonight!

-Rob

WDWGarden

You haven't really experienced the World Showcase until you have biked around the lake at 3 am when the park is completely empty. So quiet and peaceful...all the lights still on. Used to bike to our work location and meet the rest of my crew wherever we were going to start. Always took the long way around!!

MKCustodial

I've stayed a bit after hours as a CM, when I had to "close", meaning we would do some fast cleaning before 3rd shift came in. We used to clean up our areas, then head down Main Street to help them at the bus and boat stops and the monorail station. But, before this, we had to clean up our areas. When they start getting guests toward MS, they close the rides annd turn off area music, but the rides still go on for a while, doing check runs and stuff. Seriously, it was really creepy having to close Frontierland, without music, those eerie old west lights on, the mountains look like a ghost town, you can barely see Tow Sawyer Island, and the wolf cries from the Haunted Mansion get all the way back there... :lookaroun

pixiedust1010

hmppan...i'm in baton rouge right now (LSU) but I'm done after this week and we are moving to NO. But I'm originally from Philly, I just moved down here to be with my boyfriend (who I met on the WDWCP!)

That's interesting that they turn off the music in the MK...they didn't when I worked at MGM but maybe things have changed, it's been two years :( I never usually stayed later than an hour after closing, although one time we had inventory and were there until the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes in the morning we would get there before opening and ride bikes for a little while.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Re: POOOOOOP!

Originally posted by fridgepoliceman
yes I do BURN BRIDGES:goodnevil :fork: :sohappy: :cool: :slurp: :dazzle: :eek:

Thank you for spamming and having no point......

You are well on your way to being shown the door to these forums.

Disney2002

staying after without problems

As recent as last march, I stayed with a large group about 2:30 hours after the MGM closed on several nights. We didn't try to hide, and no one asked us to leave. Actually, we had some Cast Members offer to take our photo. They seem really casual about closing.

Irrawaddy Erik

Even early in the morning b/f the gates open is a great time to walk around......its like everything is shinny and new its increadibly magical

DisneyCP2000

I was lucky enough to be able to drive around Epcot's World Showcase every night. I would have to wait pretty late at night before I could even open the gates around the park. Epcot wouldn't officially be cleared of guests until at least midnight. Once I heard the magic words "Park Clear" I'd jump in the company minivan and head out to World showcase! I got to travel around the world with all the countries "flying by."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom