Staying after hours??

Pioneer Hall

I think in August this year I am going to stay after closing. This past December I stayed in the Studios half hour after closing. The area where the playhouse Disney show is SPOOKY!!

Tramp

...we stayed well over an hour past the closing of the Main Street stores and were literally the last people out of the park...Security was kind enuf to let us sit on a bench and look down Main Street at the castle until my wife stopped crying cuz we were leaving.

...the only problem ya have with staying that late is getting back to your car or to your hotel cuz the monorail, buses and boat shuttles stop operating....luckily, we had eaten at Chef Mickey's that night and left our car at the Contemporary, a short walk.

TTA Traveler

i was in mgm bout 2 hours or so after park closed in december (people stay for ousbourn lights) & i was standing near the christmas tree & about 10 gangsters were walkign in a line next to 10 cowboys(talk about eeire) going towards the great movie ride, my brother who was a custodial host at the time told me they were going to GMR to reherse... it was pretty funny to see them walking there haha

STGRhost

I've never stayed late in the parks, although it would be really cool. I had a dream that I got locked in on accident one time and it was scary b/c everything was closed and it was dark.

Thankfully, it's never completely dark, and there's always someone in the parks (although you could feel like you're by yourself for a while...)

I have some great memories from when I worked in Custodial at MK in 1998 as a CP... I "opened" Fantasyland a few times - nothing more breathtaking than seeing the sun come up over Fantasyland, before they turn on the music...so peaceful.. Speaking of music, closing F-land at night was a different story - without guests to absorb all the music, it all blends together (Dumbo, Carosel, and atmosphere, in particular...) and becomes what the other CPs and I referred to as "Scary Clown Music"... Seriously, though, the whole place is beautiful at night, when all the guests are gone...
I also worked for a while at the studios. Not as magical as seeing the Castle at night (Stupid hat!) but neat in it's own way. Seeing Sunset Blvd. empty is quite a site (that NEVER happens during operating hours!) Once, when we were getting out late after a Super Soap day, BBMak was setting up to rehearse (it was around midnight, I believe) We actually went down to watch, and chatted for a while...(such nice British boys...)
The parks at night are very cool....

figmentmom

Maria - the cast member I spoke to promised that the kiss goodnight would be done a half hour after the official closing time, and again an hour after the closing time. He was exactly right, down to the minute! It was great.

On Oct. 19 2000 (a Thursday) my husband and I had Priority
Seating @ Cindy's Royal Table for 7:15 p.m. even though the
park closed @7:00 p.m. When we finished eating and left
the castle it was a little after 8:00 and Main Street was
completely empty save the other group that finished eating
in the restaurant. My husband and I and the other couple and their kids took turns taking pictures where it looked like
we were the only ones on Main Street and standing in
front of an empty Castle courtyard. Unforunately some
of our pictures didn't turn out so well, but we our planning
to try for this situation again this October when we go back.
:)

Can' t wait for October 19-26 :D

Tramp

Originally posted by STGRhost

I have some great memories from when I worked in Custodial at MK in 1998 as a CP... I "opened" Fantasyland a few times - nothing more breathtaking than seeing the sun come up over Fantasyland, before they turn on the music...so peaceful.. Speaking of music, closing F-land at night was a different story - without guests to absorb all the music, it all blends together (Dumbo, Carosel, and atmosphere, in particular...) and becomes what the other CPs and I referred to as "Scary Clown Music"... Seriously, though, the whole place is beautiful at night, when all the guests are gone...

....hiya STGR....what time do they shut the music down or turn it on?....We stayed at the Grand Floridian many years and it's so quiet on the lagoon, you can hear the Main Street music very early in the morning well before any guests arrive...also, we were able to clearly hear the Kids of the Kingdom practicing their show at some god awful early hour...like 5 or 6am ... ya gotta give these kids a lot of credit....:D oh, to have that energy again!

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Tramp

....hiya STGR....what time do they shut the music down or turn it on?....We stayed at the Grand Floridian many years and it's so quiet on the lagoon, you can hear the Main Street music very early in the morning well before any guests arrive...also, we were able to clearly hear the Kids of the Kingdom practicing their show at some god awful early hour...like 5 or 6am ... ya gotta give these kids a lot of credit....:D oh, to have that energy again!

The area songs are shut down after security and Custodials clear the guests out of the areas. But Main Street's music stays for much longer, since Guests are allowed to stay there for some time longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom