Status of the flu in DW

Tom P.

I disagree. If even one person was thinking they should be anti-vax, it's very important to shame them. It's an unacceptable stance to take, and those people need to be stopped.
This is Exhibit A as to why this thread needs to be locked.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I believe it's important to have the vaccination discussion, and personally believe in the practice. But "shaming"? Really? Now, it really doesn't at all bother me, as I'm never offended by the random opinions people throw out there. At the same time, if you're going to endorse the practice of "shaming", you're going to have to accept it when it comes around, because everyone has different ideas as to what is acceptable and what is not.

Yes shaming. Shame those who purposely put others at risk because their feeble brains can’t understand and basic science. For sure.

Tom P.

Disagree. If ignoring established science and putting infants and elderly and unvaccinatable people at risk isn’t deserving of derision, what is?
I am not going to engage in a debate about vaccination, or even the treatment of others who engage in such debate. I refuse to engage in the debate. My point is that this is a Walt Disney World discussion forum, the topic at hand has nothing what-so-ever to do with Walt Disney World, and it's rapidly evolved into a lot of heated feelings on both sides. This is not the appropriate forum for this discussion and I believe it should be shut down.

Otterhead

After about the first three posts, this thread has done nothing to help anyone.
I disagree.
Follow-up posts have kept updates on the state of both the flu and the contagious stomach bug that are causing lots of guests to get sick right now, and suggesting ways to avoid the problem.
the topic at hand has nothing what-so-ever to do with Walt Disney World
The topic at hand is the current status of two very contagious illnesses causing rampant guest issues at Walt Disney World. If you don't think that has to do with...er... Walt Disney World, you're on the wrong website.

Tom P.

I disagree.
Follow-up posts have kept updates on the state of both the flu and the contagious stomach bug that are causing lots of guests to get sick right now, and suggesting ways to avoid the problem.

The topic at hand is the current status of two very contagious illnesses causing rampant guest issues at Walt Disney World. If you don't think that has to do with...er... Walt Disney World, you're on the wrong website.
The majority of this thread has devolved into a general debate about vaccinations, not specific information regarding the guest issues with specific illnesses at Walt Disney World.

OneofThree

I would like to know which route we are going to take.

It doesn't matter -the point is that when we decide we disagree, we shame. Your example just demonstrates the wealth of opportunities which exist.
1520276634579.png

Otterhead

The majority of this thread has devolved into a general debate about vaccinations, not specific information regarding the guest issues with specific illnesses at Walt Disney World.
Many people (including nurses) on this thread have indeed given sensible advice about getting the flu vaccine to help avoid the specific illness at WDW right now. It's a shame that other people have decided to make a show out of why they want to avoid that advice.

OneofThree

Many people (including nurses) on this thread have indeed given sensible advice about getting the flu vaccine to help avoid the specific illness at WDW right now. It's a shame that other people have decided to make a show out of why they want to avoid that advice.

Yes, and I think most people would agree that there is value in the thread, to whatever extent. For those who disagree and/or whom have some sort of problem with it -don't click.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
When do we start shaming people who can't use English properly?

I guess whenever an accidental “and” inserted by an overzealous iPhone starts giving folks deadly diseases?

Or perhaps we could start shaming those people who like to act like pretentious :redacted: in regards to grammatical and or spelling mistakes on a largely mobile platform?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Wrong.

Measles was virtually eliminated from North America. But then in December 2014, a foreign visitor to the U.S. brought the virus to Disneyland. That should have had very little impact, but, it started to quickly spread because of a significant number of people who weren't vaccinated contracted it because of the anti-vaxxer movement.

In 1980 measles, which is highly contagious, killed 2.6 million people worldwide. But thanks to vaccinations, that number is down to under 100,000 per year, mostly in developing countries. It is theoretically eradicable, like small pox. But, with the anti-vaxxers who live in a wilful ignorance of how much they have benefited from other people's vaccinations are making the eradication of these diseases that kills millions of people way more difficult then it should be.

So, yeah, they should be ashamed of their selfish and ignorant posturing. They are quite literally, and I mean 'literally' literally, accessories to the deaths of other human beings. If you are one of those anti-vaxxers, then you should feel that shame burn deeply into your soul.

Tom P.

So, yeah, they should be ashamed of their selfish and ignorant posturing. They are quite literally, and I mean 'literally' literally, accessories to the deaths of other human beings. If you are one of those anti-vaxxers, then you should feel that shame burn deeply into your soul.
My wife and I have both had all of our recommended vaccinations. All five of our children have also had all of the vaccinations that are recommended for their ages. I do not believe that vaccines cause autism or other disorders, nor do I believe that the recommendations to get vaccinated come from some vast conspiracy to enrich drug companies and politicians at the expense of people's health and safety. In short, I am the exact opposite of an "anti-vaxxer."

Have I established enough "pro-vaccine" street cred now that I am allowed to have an opinion? Or would you prefer to see medical records to show that I hold the proper, approved position on these issues before I am allowed to speak? Do I need to get a note from my doctor to earn your approval to participate in this thread, or will you deign to simply take my word for it that I have, in fact, been vaccinated against the measels?

If I sound upset and snarky, it is only because in spite of agreeing with your basic position on vaccinations, I find that you and others like you in this thread are insufferable, pretentious twits who are wasting otherwise useful bandwidth and storage space with your incessant prattle. I hope that you will do me the favor of muting me and never again responding to one of my posts, as I will do to you the moment this reply is posted.

Good day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom