State Senator proposes bill to move WDW to North Carolina (no joke!)

Goofyernmost

They actually are wanting to waste $750,000 on a feasibility study…

What a waste of tax dollars…
Not to worry, we are going to make Florida pay for it! Then we are going to build a wall on the Florida and United States Border. We will build it fast and it will be the best. (Florida is going to pay for that as well)
There is already a great park on the NC and SC border in Carowinds
Don't forget there is South of the Border also on the NC and SC border. (Sadly, on the SC side, but one can spit on NC from there. Padro says, it will be hard to tell the difference.) We have the Ocean on the east and mountains to the west. (match that Florida) Then there is the outer banks (while they are still there) NC is the recreation center of the country. I'm not sure why Walt didn't head here to begin with.

Lilofan

Not to worry, we are going to make Florida pay for it! Then we are going to build a wall on the Florida and United States Border. We will build it fast and it will be the best. (Florida is going to pay for that as well)

Don't forget there is South of the Border also on the NC and SC border. (Sadly, on the SC side, but one can spit on NC from there. Padro says, it will be hard to tell the difference.) We have the Ocean on the east and mountains to the west. (match that Florida) Then there is the outer banks (while they are still there) NC is the recreation center of the country. I'm not sure why Walt didn't head here to begin with.
The armpit of SC - South of the Border , home of the tourist trap with the nastiest bathrooms around. Even the cop who pulled me over on I-95 in Walterboro said he’s embarrassed that place is still around and operating.

Dranth

The armpit of SC - South of the Border , home of the tourist trap with the nastiest bathrooms around. Even the cop who pulled me over on I-95 in Walterboro said he’s embarrassed that place is still around and operating.
No, that is the state capital of Columbia.

ChrisM

You're Always a Weiner at Pedro's!

You Never Sausage A Place!

Place is nasty - billboards are first class.

Goofyernmost

You're Always a Weiner at Pedro's!

You Never Sausage A Place!

Place is nasty - billboards are first class.
The best part of it is that it was nasty even back in the 80's and I don't think it was even that old yet. I stopped once and my wife and kids wanted to use the bathroom. It cost 25 cents to use it. They resourcefully used it one at a time and held the door open between usage. We never went back. I hadn't been that often back then so imagine my surprise when I drove another mile down I-95 only to have an NC Welcome Station there. Same on the SC side. What has kept it afloat all these years is probably first timers and hourly rates at that motels. 🤭 I have to admit that I did like the original road signs along the way and always looked forward to seeing the giant Sombrero as we zoomed on by. The original signs were much better and much more plentiful back in the 80's and 90's. I know that many, including myself used them to find out how far we had left to get to the border. Pre-Waze or even GPS.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
As a North Carolina resident, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to this move :cool: (if even only in my dreams).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom