State Senator proposes bill to move WDW to North Carolina (no joke!)

KentB3

Original Poster
This sounds extremely far-fetched to me, but a state Senator actually wrote and filed a bill to the North Carolina legislature to move Walt Disney World from Florida to North Carolina, due to the political issues in Florida largely linked to Governor DeSantis. Here is a link to article:

Brian

They've already started the move, actually. All they're leaving behind in Florida is Galactic Starcruiser.

FuBUv6FWAAAl5o3.jpeg

Goofyernmost

Amazingly, I made that same statement on another board that NC would be a great space for them. We have a lot of open land and even though our legislature is leaning far to the right, we aren't yet as bat crap crazy as Florida. Maybe they could just leave the waterparks behind but we have plenty of warm weather in the state and they would only be shut down for about the same length that they are now except both would be down at the same time. They could do some indoor water stuff as well. If the water parks have to close because of temperatures they are only a couple hours from the the smokey mountains so they could go skiing one day and by the next it will likely be warm enough for a water park. That's how variety packed the Tar Heel state is.

iamgroot61

In the Parks
No
They've already started the move, actually. All they're leaving behind in Florida is Galactic Starcruiser.

View attachment 711312
This response made me LOL! Seriously though, others here think the article is a gag. It isn't. Disney will never pull up stakes in FL because they were here before DeSantis arrived and will be here long after he's gone. He's a political pip-squeak and what he is doing, IMHO, is self-serving and not in the interests of the people of this state. Upping the ante on the DSG bill (now applied to all grades in the FL school system) is despicable. And his threats of toll roads leading into the parks and other actions are those of a childish bully trying to get attention. Sorry, I don't like the guy at all. I won't even mention the "A" word here as this isn't a political forum.

Fordlover

I wonder how much state time/money/resources this Senator utilized to put together this completely unsolicited bill that has effectively a zero chance of success.

Jrb1979

Amazingly, I made that same statement on another board that NC would be a great space for them. We have a lot of open land and even though our legislature is leaning far to the right, we aren't yet as bat crap crazy as Florida. Maybe they could just leave the waterparks behind but we have plenty of warm weather in the state and they would only be shut down for about the same length that they are now except both would be down at the same time. They could do some indoor water stuff as well. If the water parks have to close because of temperatures they are only a couple hours from the the smokey mountains so they could go skiing one day and by the next it will likely be warm enough for a water park. That's how variety packed the Tar Heel state is.
There is already a great park on the NC and SC border in Carowinds

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom