Starting To Get Excited About My Trip

disneyorbust09

I'm going to Disney World July 7-13th with some friends of mine. I booked it in November, and now that I can start booking restaurants (well in 2 or 3 weeks) it's officially hit me that I'm going. It's my 1st time, and I'm VERY excited. We got the deluxe dining plan, and we want to do 1 or 2 signature restaurants or character breakfasts. What are your recommendations?

Jessie&Buzz

Welcome! How exciting that your trip is getting close.

I recommend Chef Mickey's for either breakfast or dinner. We also like the princess breakfast in Norway. We're doing the Crystal Palace for breakfast in Oct. It's been 11 years since we ate there but liked it then. Also 1900 Park Fare is good. We have had both breakfast and dinner there. It depends on which characters you want to see as to if you go to breakfast or dinner there.

We haven't done any signature meals yet. We may in Oct for our anniversary. We haven't decided. I've heard great things about Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge and the Yachtman's Steak house at the Yacht Club Resort. Le Ceiller in Canada in Epcot is awesome.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I loved Artist Point and California Grille. Brown Derby was very good [a slight step down from the other two, but still worth going].

I haven't tried any of the others, though Jiko will be my next one I think.

And as above Le Cellier is fantastic, but only one credit [very close to being worth two]

Upvote 0

eroyee

You will be fine at Caribbean Beach. for character meals Chef Mickeys for breakfast. Garden Grill is a good one,too. Cape May at the Yacht and Beach Club also. Try LeCellier at World showcase and Boma at animal kingdom lodge. also, whispering canyon cafe at the wilderness lodge. have a magical trip.....

Upvote 0
:sohappy: Welcome to the site! You will find tons of information here. Check out Allears for the menues and current prices. There are many grat places to eat, sit down and counter service. Don't forget Downtown Disney as well. Wolfgang Puck in the Market Place has great counter as well as Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. Have a blast!!

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Welcome to the site and WDW! You'll have a great time at WDW...live it up!

Some restaurants I recommend are California Grill (which is atop the Contemporary Resort..great atmosphere and you can watch Wishes at MK from the balcony!), Boma at AKL, and Teppan Edo at Japan in Epcot.

Some character meals I recommend are Crystal Palace at MK, Chef Mickeys at Contemporary, and Cape May at the Beach Club.

If you have the 2009 Birnbaums book, check out the dining in there. It'll help!

Upvote 0

disneyorbust09

Original Poster
Question, do you know if with the dining plan I can order anything off the menu? Or is it only certain things? I was looking at the yachtsmen steakhouse menu, and theres a 24 oz steak on it. Now, I would never order it, but would I be ABLE to?

Upvote 0

disneyorbust09

Original Poster
So I've been talking it over with my group, and we decided on a few places with definitely want to eat at:

Yachtsmans Steakhouse (Probably the 1st day)

Coral Reef Restaurant (Going to make a dinner reservation for the day we do Epcot)

Chef Mickeys (For Breakfast, not sure when)

Cap'n Jacks (Again, not too sure when)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom