Pre-Trip Starting Sissy's Senior Year with a Bang!

Well, here I am yet again LOL! Yes, we just got back 2 months ago but we are now AP holders, so that means we have to use them! As the title says, my daughter, a.k.a Sissy, will be starting her Senior year of High School! :coldfeet::jawdrop: Where has the time gone?! What better way to celebrate than with a mother/daughter trip to our fave place? Plus, the deal I got was WAAAAYYYY too good to pass up! Here we gooooo....
@21stamps @*Flynnderella* @lostpro9het @bee @MySmallWorldof4 @wdisney9000 @joshsprincess921 @kaitertot5249 @mlegerto @Tony the Tigger @gdisneyfans @ajrwdwgirl @Tuvalu @Zipitidoda @amjt660 @Jess G @PacNWTigger @Direwolf27 @blgauger @Ciara @mattchu758 @Doc Disney @prfctlyximprct @Figment Forever

WHO: This trip is just me and my 17 yr old daughter, Brooklyn.

WHEN: August 17-22, 2017

WHERE: I'm sure you're all assuming FQ, but this time we will be staying at.....CBR! Why the change you ask? Especially since after our last stay there in 2013 we swore it off. The deal I got was AMAZING! Because of the construction, Disney was offering a $75 Disney gift card PER NIGHT! So for a 5 night stay, we will receive $375 upon check-in! That's what we will use for food and other purchases. I originally booked the room with no discounts, and I honestly assumed that Disney wouldn't allow a room discount to be applied with the GC offer. I was wrong! When the summer discounts were released I applied it to my reservation and got $191.50 off! I had to upgrade to a king room, but that's fine with us. A few weeks later, another discount(I keep wanting to say Passholder, but can't remember) was released, and I got ANOTHER $132 off! So from booking to now, I've gotten $325 off!! That's like 2 free nights! The resort will have no food court or gift shop, but who cares?! They will have ''pop up'' food courts and buffets. We don't plan on being at the resort much anyway, so we will eat and shop elsewhere.

One of the reasons I swore this resort off was the bus system. I just can't get over the fact that you drive around the resort for 84 minutes to 612 other stops picking people up. No thanks!!!! That's why I love FQ with all my little black soul. Brook mentioned that maybe we have such a bad taste in our mouths about CBR because of the trip itself, and my MIL who was there:rolleyes:. It was a nightmare to say the least! That being said, we are both pretty positive about the resort. We have decided to use Uber if we try the buses and don't like them.

WHY: As if we ever need an excuse to go to Disney, but when we got the AP'S I knew I would have to squeeze in a long weekend in the summer and a trip at Christmas to ''get my money's worth''. Also, we will be touring another school Brook is interested in, Embry-Riddle.

127 DAYS TO GO GANG!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Hey guys! Sorry for my long absence!! Had a lot going on the last few weeks.

My little sister got married on July 29th and it was so beautiful! She was stunning, the venue was insanely gorgeous and we all had a blast! Here's a pic of Brooklyn and I...then my lil brother and I...and lastly Kevin and I. None of the bride lol..

meandbrookwedding.jpg
meandcraig.jpg

weddingpic.png

The next day, Sunday the 30th me and Kevin headed to Puerto Rico for our 3 yr wedding anniversary celebration...
PUERTORICO.jpg

Courtney6682

Original Poster
PR was so pretty and we had such a relaxing week. This vacay was a big compromise for me. You all know how I like to vacation, I hate sitting still. I like to explore and do things, but since my husband works outside all day, everyday, he wanted a RELAXING vacay. He wanted to sit on a beach and do NOTHING. I actually ended up enjoying this type of travel lol...it was great! We spent every day at the beach and then found a local spot for dinner or hit up the pool for a while.

We did end up having a ridiculous time traveling there and back. Long story short, we were dealyed a lil over 3 hrs on the way down due to a ''missing crew member''. Yes, that's the exact announcement they made AFTER we sat on the runway for about 45 mins. So, they ushered us off the plane. The Co-Pilot's emergency replacement was 2 hrs away, so we had to wait for him to arrive lol. We didn't really care, as we had nowhere to be, but some people were quite nasty to the gate agents!

Coming home was a different story! We had at 1:15 pm flight home from SJU on Saturday, Aug 5th. Which would have had us landing at PHL at 5:10 pm. We arrived at el aeropuerto a lil early and went to print our boarding passes. I was unable to print them as the kiosk kept giving me and error message saying I was too early. I flagged down an American Airlines employee and she said...'Oh, Philadelphia? Delayed! 5 o'clock!'' and showed us a line that was about 500 people deep that we needed to wait in. We could NOT believe the luck we were having! We waited in line to for about an hour and were given a total of $48 for us to have LUNCH and DINNER. Our lunch at Landsharks consisted of 2 chz burgers that were $17.50 each, a beer and a diet coke that ran $4.25! Needless to say, lunch wasn't free at all! The flight ended up being delayed 3 MORE TIMES before we finally took off right before 7pm. We landed right after 11 pm. Terrible. On the bright side, AA did tell us that we are entitled to a refund. We'll see...lol....

21stamps

Hey guys! Sorry for my long absence!! Had a lot going on the last few weeks.

My little sister got married on July 29th and it was so beautiful! She was stunning, the venue was insanely gorgeous and we all had a blast! Here's a pic of Brooklyn and I...then my lil brother and I...and lastly Kevin and I. None of the bride lol..

View attachment 221629 View attachment 221630
View attachment 221631

The next day, Sunday the 30th me and Kevin headed to Puerto Rico for our 3 yr wedding anniversary celebration...
View attachment 221632

You two look so much alike.. it's crazy!! She's definitely your MiniMe!!! But you look more like sisters!

So now for some Disney news! We leave for Daytona Beach a week from today!! So that means 8 days til DISNEYYY!!!

Don't be mad at me friends...but I planned a little something for Brook and I....
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/ultimate-day-of-thrills-vip-tour/

We are sooooo excitedddd for this!!

I am living vicariously thru you while my hair is turning gray from stress. I want daily photos.. and a ton of photos of the tour!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
You two look so much alike.. it's crazy!! She's definitely your MiniMe!!! But you look more like sisters!

I am living vicariously thru you while my hair is turning gray from stress. I want daily photos.. and a ton of photos of the tour!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Thank, thank you! She is def ALL ME! Our personalities are IDENTICAL. She has my sense of humor which is great, last night we laughed until we cried in the kitchen...becuz milk squirted out of her nose...and I may have wet myself a bit ...lol....guess u had to be there :rolleyes::p

I will def take pics of the tour lol...I promise!

21stamps

Thank, thank you! She is def ALL ME! Our personalities are IDENTICAL. She has my sense of humor which is great, last night we laughed until we cried in the kitchen...becuz milk squirted out of her nose...and I may have wet myself a bit ...lol....guess u had to be there :rolleyes::p

I will def take pics of the tour lol...I promise!

Ha ha ha. TMI!! ;)

gdisneyfans

So now for some Disney news! We leave for Daytona Beach a week from today!! So that means 8 days til DISNEYYY!!!

Don't be mad at me friends...but I planned a little something for Brook and I....
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/ultimate-day-of-thrills-vip-tour/

We are sooooo excitedddd for this!!
Oh my goodness that tour sounds awesome!! Can't wait to read all about it!!

Gorgeous pictures from the wedding! Like @21stamps said, you two look like sisters - not mother/daughter!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
What day will you be in MK? :cautious:

As of right now, The night of the 17th from about 5pm on. The night of the 19th we have an ADR at LTT around 6. The morning of the 20th we have to arrive at 815 for our tour. The night of the 21st we have a 655pm ressie at BOG as well. So basically every day lol. You?

Last edited:

Tuvalu

As of right now, The night of the 17th from about 5pm on. The night of the 19th we have an ADR at LTT around 6. The morning of the 20th we have to arrive at 815 for our tour. The night of the 21st we have a 655pm ressie at BOG as well. So basically every day lol. You?
Your LTT ressie is several hours too late. Ours is 12:30. ;)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
What time is your FP? Can you do it after the tour or move the tour to a different day?

I was told to arrive at MK at 815 for an 830 start. It says it's 7 hrs...which would mean if everything runs on sched we would be done at HS at 330 pm. Our FP is at 325-425...there is a chance we might make it, if we take the express bus to AK. I'll hold off on cancelling and play it by ear...thanks for making me re-think this! I feel a little better about it now!!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom