Pre-Trip Starting Sissy's Senior Year with a Bang!

Well, here I am yet again LOL! Yes, we just got back 2 months ago but we are now AP holders, so that means we have to use them! As the title says, my daughter, a.k.a Sissy, will be starting her Senior year of High School! :coldfeet::jawdrop: Where has the time gone?! What better way to celebrate than with a mother/daughter trip to our fave place? Plus, the deal I got was WAAAAYYYY too good to pass up! Here we gooooo....
@21stamps @*Flynnderella* @lostpro9het @bee @MySmallWorldof4 @wdisney9000 @joshsprincess921 @kaitertot5249 @mlegerto @Tony the Tigger @gdisneyfans @ajrwdwgirl @Tuvalu @Zipitidoda @amjt660 @Jess G @PacNWTigger @Direwolf27 @blgauger @Ciara @mattchu758 @Doc Disney @prfctlyximprct @Figment Forever

WHO: This trip is just me and my 17 yr old daughter, Brooklyn.

WHEN: August 17-22, 2017

WHERE: I'm sure you're all assuming FQ, but this time we will be staying at.....CBR! Why the change you ask? Especially since after our last stay there in 2013 we swore it off. The deal I got was AMAZING! Because of the construction, Disney was offering a $75 Disney gift card PER NIGHT! So for a 5 night stay, we will receive $375 upon check-in! That's what we will use for food and other purchases. I originally booked the room with no discounts, and I honestly assumed that Disney wouldn't allow a room discount to be applied with the GC offer. I was wrong! When the summer discounts were released I applied it to my reservation and got $191.50 off! I had to upgrade to a king room, but that's fine with us. A few weeks later, another discount(I keep wanting to say Passholder, but can't remember) was released, and I got ANOTHER $132 off! So from booking to now, I've gotten $325 off!! That's like 2 free nights! The resort will have no food court or gift shop, but who cares?! They will have ''pop up'' food courts and buffets. We don't plan on being at the resort much anyway, so we will eat and shop elsewhere.

One of the reasons I swore this resort off was the bus system. I just can't get over the fact that you drive around the resort for 84 minutes to 612 other stops picking people up. No thanks!!!! That's why I love FQ with all my little black soul. Brook mentioned that maybe we have such a bad taste in our mouths about CBR because of the trip itself, and my MIL who was there:rolleyes:. It was a nightmare to say the least! That being said, we are both pretty positive about the resort. We have decided to use Uber if we try the buses and don't like them.

WHY: As if we ever need an excuse to go to Disney, but when we got the AP'S I knew I would have to squeeze in a long weekend in the summer and a trip at Christmas to ''get my money's worth''. Also, we will be touring another school Brook is interested in, Embry-Riddle.

127 DAYS TO GO GANG!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Got the email today that our MB have shipped!

I also decided to move our first FP on the 20th to a later time. So instead of Primeval Whirl at 12:10, I pushed it back to 1:30. That will def give us enough time to hit a water park before heading over to AK.

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Got the email today that our MB have shipped!

I also decided to move our first FP on the 20th to a later time. So instead of Primeval Whirl at 12:10, I pushed it back to 1:30. That will def give us enough time to hit a water park before heading over to AK.

Don't forget to ......

upload_2017-6-20_12-12-58.png

Max

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Look what we got yesterday!

magicbandsaug2017.jpg

Super exciting! We are now only 49 days out from leaving for FL and 50 days out from DISNEY! YAY!

In non-Disney news, I booked a trip to Puerto Rico yesterday for Kevin and I to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary! We have a pretty busy summer so far! My lil sister's bach party is a 4 day event in Ocean City, Maryland from July 6-9th. A pal from high school is getting married 7-22, my sister's wedding is 7-29 and I'm her MoH. The next day, 7-30, Kevin and I leave for PR until August 5th. Our anniversary is Aug 2nd. Then, 11 days after we return, Brook and I will be headed out! Come on July, you're hogging all the fun!

amjt660

Premium Member

View attachment 212480

Super exciting! We are now only 49 days out from leaving for FL and 50 days out from DISNEY! YAY!

In non-Disney news, I booked a trip to Puerto Rico yesterday for Kevin and I to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary! We have a pretty busy summer so far! My lil sister's bach party is a 4 day event in Ocean City, Maryland from July 6-9th. A pal from high school is getting married 7-22, my sister's wedding is 7-29 and I'm her MoH. The next day, 7-30, Kevin and I leave for PR until August 5th. Our anniversary is Aug 2nd. Then, 11 days after we return, Brook and I will be headed out! Come on July, you're hogging all the fun!
Tough call on July hogging all the fun
The majority of the PR trip and all of the Girls Going Wild WDW trip is in August
July is slightly above "Speed bump" and slightly below "PAR-TAY month" compared to August.

Max

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Hi friends! 35 days til Disney!!!!!! So close, yet so very far away!

While searching for wedding shoes last week, Brook stumbled across these gems! They're from the kids section at Payless if anyone is interested. I believe they were only $14.99!
matchingshoes.jpg

We also are deciding on a few matching shirts, but so far we've only come up with 2 ideas.

In non Disney news, I've done nothing to prepare for Puerto Rico, which is only 17 days away. I'll have to get on the ball soon tho because my little sister's wedding is in 16 days!:eek: I still actually have a few things to do for that as well! I have to write my speech and take Kevin's tux to the dry cleaner and he has to get a new pair of dress shoes because Tyson(our puppy) enjoyed them as snack one day:rolleyes:

Well guys, that's all I've got for now. Still haven't made anymore ADR's! This relaxing trip is GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!:D

21stamps

View attachment 212480

Whew, that's a busy summer!! Sounds amazing!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
It is a very busy time for you

Try your best to enjoy each event individually and not look ahead to the next one
(stop and smell the roses)

That's about all the words of wisdom I can give you

(oh I forgot - comfortable shoes !!! )

Max

Yes, exactly Max! I do not want to wish away my daughter's last summer as a kid!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom