Stars and Motorcars Parade Final Performance Meet

mpaul32001

Original Poster
Hey Guys!

The Stars and Motorcars Parade at Disney's Hollywood Studios has it's last performance on the weekend of March 9th. I will be in the Parks that entire weekend getting HD footage of the last 2 performances. If you would like to meet up then, or on March 9th to watch the final parade together, let us know! We would be glad to meet up!

Meet Date: March 9th, 2008 - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Disney's Stars and Motorcars Parade final Performance

mpaul32001

Original Poster
Can't meet up, but how sad. What a great parade. I wonder what they will do with all the great cars?;)

The parade is actually set to head out to Walt Disney Studios in Paris. It should be a welcome change for them. I think the parade they have now is horrible. :brick:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I can always try for the Saturday, but not Sunday the 9th. Not sure yet, it's the BF's birthday, so I don't know what he's going to want to do. Have fun though, and I hope you get good video. You'll have to share!

mpaul32001

Original Poster
I can always try for the Saturday, but not Sunday the 9th. Not sure yet, it's the BF's birthday, so I don't know what he's going to want to do. Have fun though, and I hope you get good video. You'll have to share!

I can probably make it to the park on Sunday for the last parade!:wave:

That would be awesome guys! Let me know when it gets closer to time! :wave:

Thanks for the news, mpaul. I didn't know that it was leaving. I really love that parade. I'll be there the week before the 9th so I'll be able to catch it one last time, thankfully.

I still remember how exciting it was in its first year. I loved how it started with the policemen on motorcyles going up and down the boulevard with their sirens. It was very exciting. They also stopped doing the live commentary on the street unfortunately. It really added to the show. It was a really fun pre-show when the Announcer / Hollywood Gossip person would talk to the crowd about Walt Disney and Hollywood trivia. Then as the cars passed by they would announce them. My favorite car was Mary Poppins of course, being the big fan that I am of the film. I remember as Mary passed the announcer said, "it's Mary Poppins looking practically perfect as usual!.. How are you my dear?" Mary nodded in response. :D I loved it.

Wishing you the best with your filming. Sounds so exciting. How I'd love to have an HD camera at Disney! Enjoy!

The parade is actually set to head out to Walt Disney Studios in Paris. It should be a welcome change for them. I think the parade they have now is horrible. :brick:

The Cinema Parade? Aw how can you hate that? :eek:

It was one of the few moments in Studios where it didnt feel like a plain rip-off of Hollywood Studios. Plus it had neat stops with an awesome sort of jingle/song. But each to their own I suppose. The Motor Cars and Stars parade will be interesting in paris though. The amount of french translation that'll have to go into the commentators speeches XD

fizzle75

I enjoyed DSMC but it is definitely my least favorite parade. I'm really excited about Block Party Bash and I'm hoping to catch it in mid April. When is BPB supposed to officially debut?

fizzle75

Mecha Figment

actually from what i have understood the 8th is the last day of the parade. not the 9th. and on the offical site there is no parade listed on the 9th. it just says Opening mid-March - Block Party Bash 3:00 pm which sounds a lot like a soft opening.

and i'm almost certain block party is ready to roll.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom