Starbucks coming to Disney parks

PolynesianPrincess

I'm a Dunkin Donuts girl myself and the only coffee I drink in WDW are the iced mochas and I looooove them!! :) so this doesn't really affect me but if it helps other people get a good cup of joe and doesn't distract from the themeing of the areas where they're going, then I say go for it!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would bet that a majority of the Starbucks "fans" do not order just a plain ole coffee. It's been a couple months since I've ordered a coffee from Starbucks, but I think it runs about $2.30 for a tall? I might be off on that...but I believe the cost between sizes is greater at Starbucks than at DD. Of course it also depends on where you are (I would think the NJ/NYC area would be more expensive, yet more closely priced than down here in Tampa.

Anyway...I'm a Folgers or Maxwell House drinker, DD is a "treat" for me as I drink a lot of coffee and can't justify stopping and payint $2.50 for a cup when I can buy a month's supply for $9. I can't even justify a Keureg Machine to tell you the truth.

In terms of taste though...I would even take a McDonald's coffee over a Starbucks cup.
This can help you with that.

http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup-Reusable-Coffee-Filter/dp/B000DLB2FI

aladdin2007

For anyone scared or ed that their local Starbucks will be at the parks I wanted to throw in a quote from the Disney Blog release

The Starbucks locations inside our parks will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Disney California Adventure park, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles, when Walt Disney arrived in California and a cup of coffee was the perfect way to jumpstart a busy day. The store’s location plays off the Spanish/Mexican architecture of the period, and baristas will wear 1920s-inspired attire."

It seems that Disney and Starbucks have reached a full agreement that the Starbucks locations will match what area it is in. If I can transfer to one of these locations you better believe I will put in the request. I can't wait to see what the 1920's insipred attire and Spanish architecture will look like.

Well I hope thats the plan, because thats my main concern. Just because Disneyland is doing it right with theming doesnt give me hope that TDO will put as much into it or do the same. However, with some of the inclining postive by degrees we have seen lately, hopefully these will be themed to blend in. I could see this taking over the Odyssy at Epcot or the ice cream location across from the electric umbrella. The studios plenty of spots there where it can fit in, MK is the one I would be most concerned about. But like I said with a lot of the up changes that have been happening hopefully this will be another postive. I like starbucks,,,however whats the point of going on vacation if you have to have the same things you have at home???

SeabeeSparky

Anti-Starbucks

As a veteran of both the war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan, I have serious issues with Starbucks as a company. This may be a personal issue, but so is the choice to drink their overpriced coffee and support the company. I, for one, will actively seek out Nescafe coffee before I will ever even step foot in a Starbucks. Not a good choice Disney. But at least it will not be the only choice for coffee at WDW or DL, so it could be worse.

wilkeliza

Anyway...I'm a Folgers or Maxwell House drinker, DD is a "treat" for me as I drink a lot of coffee and can't justify stopping and payint $2.50 for a cup when I can buy a month's supply for $9. I can't even justify a Keureg Machine to tell you the truth.

What area do you live in? I work in one of the most expensive Starbucks regions (Times Square NYC) and we charge $2.01 for a tall 2.40 for a grande and 2.67 for a Venti all those prices include tax.

Just covering the topic of regular coffee vs espresso beverages I would say at our store more money comes from the espresso beverages but I'd go out on a limb and say 60 percent of our customers just plain drip, ice coffee, or regular hot or iced tea. It really depends on what you classify as regular coffee at a Starbucks. If you want just drip coffee between the 3 blends offered at any time I would say that is 30 percent of the business with 30 being Espresso based beverages 10 being hot teas 10 being iced tea and 10 being iced coffee with the last 10 being frozen beverages. I could be absolutely wrong on those figures but that's how it appears at my SBux.

devoy1701

I'm a fan of this one myself, only because it was a little cheaper, and less parts to deal with :):

http://www.amazon.com/ekobrew-refil...U0OW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335210494&sr=8-1

I just have to ask. what's the point of using a keurig machine if you're just refilling your own K-cups anyway? On a weekend I will have 3, 2-cup servings and before I leave for work during the week I fill up a 16 oz travel mug. I just don't see how using a Keurig ever actually makes sense.

wilkeliza

As a veteran of both the war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan, I have serious issues with Starbucks as a company. This may be a personal issue, but so is the choice to drink their overpriced coffee and support the company. I, for one, will actively seek out Nescafe coffee before I will ever even step foot in a Starbucks. Not a good choice Disney. But at least it will not be the only choice for coffee at WDW or DL, so it could be worse.

Just wondering as a veteran why are you against Starbucks? Is it because of the misguided rumor that went around about Starbucks refusing to give coffee to those serving in Iraq and Afghanistan? If so they did give coffee to soldiers it just wasn't through the cooperation we gave money and coffee (and still do) through USO. You can PM me if you want to give me other reason as to why you can't stand behind them as a veteran. It just seems like if so many veterans were against it they wouldn't service it at Shades.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I just have to ask. what's the point of using a keurig machine if you're just refilling your own K-cups anyway? On a weekend I will have 3, 2-cup servings and before I leave for work during the week I fill up a 16 oz travel mug. I just don't see how using a Keurig ever actually makes sense.

Well, we don't use a traditional coffee maker any more, so for me it's a matter of preference, cost savings, and slight environmental benefits. The key thing for me though is that I don't have to drink stale coffee....:)

bhg469

With the addition of XPASS you can order your Starbucks coffee out 6 months in advance.

You joke but I can tell you 6 months from now I will want a coffee around 8 am so it is the only reservation I could make a Disney and know I will want it. Sadly I have no idea what time I'll be hungry or what food I will be craving 6 months from now.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For your weekend consumption they don't. However, for your week day morning coffee it could work. I drink about 16 oz per day and I can pull that out of a single pod.

Where they really make sense is for occasional coffee, varied flavors and for public coffee in waiting rooms and the like.

Xethos

I like them because there is little to no waste of coffee. I can make one cup which is what I want, not a small pot.

disnyfan89

Disney has been trying to get Starbucks into the parks for awhile now. The reason why in the past they have been so unsuccessful is because of how protective starbucks has been over their product. However, the current deal as it stands will have Disney Cast Members trained by and Hired by Disney working the starbucks locations.

The actual starbucks themselves will be highly themed to match their enviroments including CM in period/theme specific costumes. There is hardly anything to worry about. This won't look like a starbucks except the subtle logos worked into the sinage and probably your coffee cup. Also, Disney will still be selling mostly their own food products through out the day except in the morning which will feature the more popular starbucks breakfast items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom