Starbucks coming to Disney parks

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
The Starbucks in Ireland at BGW is themed to a T for the area. It was done great. Sadly, they could have found a better company than the people that overroast their beans for their "unique" flavor.

dreamscometrue

Now, if we can only get Tim Horton's coffee at the Canada Pavillion. (I appreciate that unless you're from Canada, you may not know what an institution it is here, but it's crazy...kind of like hockey. The relatively small city I live in-140,000 people-has close to 30 Tim's locations, including in hospitals and City Hall. :))

flynnibus

Premium Member
For some reason coffee threads in general always get "heated" since people have preference to certain brands. The one thing I hear over and over is how expensive Starbucks is and that I dont quite understand. I am right now in walking distance to a DD and a Starbucks and actually DD is slightly more expensive. Granted a convenience store(WaWA, 7-11 etc.) is a little cheaper by about .25 but it's not a huge discrepency and the coffee IMO is not nearly of the same quality.

Coffee was regularly under a dollar.. and coffee was almost always 'free refills' and normally cheaper than milk, juice or soda. Dollar coffee is tough to find anymore.. but even places like McDonalds have coffee for cheap still.

starbucks has driven up the price of coffee not only with their own coffee prices, but by upselling the market to coffee specialty drinks (at $4-$6/each) instead of just regular coffee. That's really what Starbucks has done to the market... successfully upsold the market into premium drinks for which they charge a premium price for.

c-one

Now, if we can only get Tim Horton's coffee at the Canada Pavillion. (I appreciate that unless you're from Canada, you may not know what an institution it is here, but it's crazy...kind of like hockey. The relatively small city I live in-140,000 people-has close to 30 Tim's locations, including in hospitals and City Hall. :))
Now we're talking!

bhg469

Tim hortons has been in western NY for over a decade and has a location in times square. Pa has a few And yes even Dubai. It's only a matter of time.

Foolish Mortal

Meh. Hopefully the specialty carts/stands and places like the Writers Stop will still be around for the times I want something better than Nescacrap. I'll pass on the overated, overpriced stuff. I'll wait for Wawa convienence stores to make their impact in FL then slide in to WDW.

Tom Morrow

forget the haters and coffee snobs - Starbucks is awesome and will be better and, assuming the prices will be about the same (the Starbucks locations at Universal have the same prices as regular locations) then it'll be the same price we were paying for coffee in the parks, just better coffee.

mrerk

Premium Member
I couldn't care less about Starbucks, I hate coffee. (love the smell)

Now, trying to find a diet MT Dew on property for my caffiene fix......:brick:

No diet Dew on property (the one and only Pepsi product I'll drink). Even the Hess stations are Coke only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom