Star Wars without 20th Century Fox fanfare? -- Will Disney drop Fox from new films?

prberk

Original Poster
If I'm remembering correctly, there's one of these attached to Wreck-It Ralph as well.

Just saw Wreck-It Ralph, and looked for this on the Disney Pictures releasing tag, but I was happiliy surprised to see it actually done on the "Walt Disney Animation Studios" tag instead. That was cute.

flavious27

Disney did not buy lucas for 4 billion to have someone else get a cut of the profits. As much as the fox intro has been part of the movies so far, times change. Also disney will likely alter the castle intro to match the theme.

flavious27

Seriously, are people really getting this nitpicky already?
Who cares about what company's logo shows before the opening crawl?

coltrane___welcome_to_the_internet__by_juli4427-d5yzul3.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Seriously, are people really getting this nitpicky already?
Who cares about what company's logo shows before the opening crawl?

For people like me who grew up with these movies there is a very strong emotional response to hearing that 20th Century Fox fan fare and having I fade into the Lucasfilm logo. It's become a part of Star Wars. I know there is nothing that can be done about it, and in the end it's no a huge deal, but I can understand how people feel about it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For people like me who grew up with these movies there is a very strong emotional response to hearing that 20th Century Fox fan fare and having I fade into the Lucasfilm logo. It's become a part of Star Wars. I know there is nothing that can be done about it, and in the end it's no a huge deal, but I can understand how people feel about it.
There is no question that you are correct. Every time I heard the 20th century fanfare I expected John William music follow. The sounds are so ingrained within the Star Wars community that the THX sound and the 20th Century Fox fanfare were even used before the start of the Fireworks at the Last Tour to Endor. The crowds reaction speaks volumes.

HatboxGhost

One of the first things I thought of when I found out Disney purchased the rights was the fact that we wont be hearing the fox fanfare music. To me, its as much a part of the film as the film itself.

HatboxGhost

It is going to be odd. SW was the first movie I ever remember seeing as a child (I was 6 at the time) and it had a profound effect on me. To this day, when I hear the 20th century Fox music and logo I expect it to be followed by "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."

I first saw SW in 77 at the age of 9 and it blew me away. I am now 45 and have a SW movie poster collection because of it.....along with some other of my favorites. Also, toys, books, you name it. There isnt a day that goes by that my wife and I are not saying a line to one of the films. We even had a SW themed wedding and a group of guys from the 501 were there and it was amazing. We just recently purchased a car and its black so what did we call it? Vader. :D We have 4 wonderful cats and one of them is named Leia. I was just recently watching some classic films and I cannot help but expect....like yourself....the "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" line pop up even though I KNOW its not going to.

epcotWSC

I'm not a SW fanboy although I do like the movies and such. However, I played KOTOR and it had no 20th Century Fox and the beginning still has the same impact. It's honestly this that gets you, not 20th century fox.

MKCP 1985

I disagree. Then I read all the posts in here, and while I still disagree, was tempted to back out of this thread because there are opinions expressed that are obviously very strongly held opinions.
And as I was in the process of clicking the "page back," I thought this thread could use a voice of dissent, just so that people like me don't get the wrong notion that an opinion stated very strongly with accompanying visual effects is the same thing as a consensus.

So, anyway, no. If Disney bought the company and the next movie will be a Disney movie, die-hards have a year to get ready for that change. My belief is that most people will not give the opening fanfare much thought once the movie gets rolling and if the movie is good or bad, it won't be because of the opening credits.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I'm reviving this thread because I've been thinking about this subject today. I'm not convinced Disney would even put their logo in the movie. They could just put a long Lucasfilm logo with newly scored fanfare by John Williams. If they do put the castle though it will undoubtedly be an alternate Star Wars specific version with a Williams fanfare.

Will it be the Fox fanfare, no but it will still end up being something that works. If you remember before Tron they use a Tron theme and before POC they don't use 'Wish Upon a Star'.

Disneyhead'71

I haven't gotten over them getting rid of this:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom