Star Wars Weekends

1disneydood

Original Poster
Is there a schedule of dates/ events posted anywhere? It happens every weekend in May, right? We're going the last weekend of May and I'm curious as to who will be there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Star Wars weekends typically happen the last 2 to 3 weeks in May and the first 2-3 weeks in June. Disney’s official site lists that they are happening but no guest list is available as of yet. There has been a rumor that Star Wars weekends won’t happen due to the release of Revenge of the Sith but I have not found anything on Disney’s or Star Wars official site to either confirm or deny this. Theforce.net will typically be the first Star Wars news web site to have info on a guest list. Crossing my fingers that they will happen this year because I’m going to try and attend each weekend.

egionet

From what I've heard it's beginning the weekend of the 13th of May. And will then run for the next 5 weekends. This is coming from a member on these boards (Josh or mkepcotmgmak). He was very good friends with Chewbacca last year during our CP. As far as I know, he's going back this year. I believe that is the weekend he said. Eventually he'll probably find this thread and give whatever information he knows.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
First of all there are star wars characters all over the park. Mickey is dressed in Jedi robes and Millionaire’s questions are star wars themed. There will typically be two different star wars celebrities there each weekend. They will sign autographs and have a Q and A show. There are also activities for the kids like Jedi training. And last but not least there is a special star wars themed parade. Special edition posters, t-shirts etc are available for purchase as well. If you are a star wars fan it is a lot of fun.

Slipknot

Woo!!!!!!!!!!! My seasonal pass isn't blocked for any SW weekend!!!!!!! I'm gonna try and go EVERY weekend!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

BTW, Master Yoda. When you say all over the park, are there a whole lot of characters or just a few. It would be quite interesting seeing Darth Vader or Maul while walking toward ToT and RnRC.

mikesenger

I think there is a Star Wars celebration in Indianopolis this summer. when they had that last time, it was the year they didn't do star wars weekends

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Static-X said:
Woo!!!!!!!!!!! My seasonal pass isn't blocked for any SW weekend!!!!!!! I'm gonna try and go EVERY weekend!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

BTW, Master Yoda. When you say all over the park, are there a whole lot of characters or just a few. It would be quite interesting seeing Darth Vader or Maul while walking toward ToT and RnRC.
They typically are around the star tours ride and around the Mickey meet and greet next to millionaire. As far as which characters, here is a list from what I remember last year…. Leia, Queen Amidala, Aura Sing, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Cantina band, Tusken Raiders, Storm troopers of very type, Shak-Ti(sp?), The Emperor, the royal guard, Chewie, Ewoks, Jawas and Zam Wessle. I’m probably leaving out a few but you get the picture. It’s a Star wars paradise :D :D :D
We definitely need to hook up on one of those weekends. I am going to try to make it to all 5.

Slipknot

Master Yoda said:
They typically are around the star tours ride and around the Mickey meet and greet next to millionaire. As far as which characters, here is a list from what I remember last year…. Leia, Queen Amidala, Aura Sing, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Cantina band, Tusken Raiders, Storm troopers of very type, Shak-Ti(sp?), The Emperor, the royal guard, Chewie, Ewoks, Jawas and Zam Wessle. I’m probably leaving out a few but you get the picture. It’s a Star wars paradise :D :D :D
We definitely need to hook up on one of those weekends. I am going to try to make it to all 5.

I'm in luck then. I love the Cantina Band!!!!!!!!! :lookaroun I'm more of the Dark Side fan. Seeing Darth Vader, Darth Maul, and The Emperor will make my day!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Static-X said:
I'm in luck then. I love the Cantina Band!!!!!!!!! :lookaroun I'm more of the Dark Side fan. Seeing Darth Vader, Darth Maul, and The Emperor will make my day!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:
Long live the Empire!!!!

mkepcotmgmak

THIS IS VERY UNOFFICIAL! LET ME REPEAT - THIS IS AS UNOFFICIAL AS IT GETS!

With the popularity of Star Wars Weekends increasing year after year, and the newest film to be releasing in May, this year, it has strongly been suggested that there will be no Star Wars Weekends!

Sadly, I must say that this year there could very possibly be Star Wars WEEKS. Five glorious WEEKS, that's right, 7 DAYS A WEEK for FIVE WEEKS of Star Wars Madness.

mkepcotmgmak

Static-X said:
Well, since the "last" Star Wars movie is comming out in May, what a better way than to celebrate it for a month and a week.

I know! I wish they would do something crazy like... well, hmmm... have a premier on a gigantic screen at the Fantasmic theater! :drevil:

MonoRon

mkepcotmgmak said:
I know! I wish they would do something crazy like... well, hmmm... have a premier on a gigantic screen at the Fantasmic theater! :drevil:

Or a gigantic screen in front of star tours, even though its a small area

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom