Star Wars Weekends announced

frankd1962

Original Poster
The rumors are true. SWW are moved completely into the month of June. So the Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays of each week in June will be have a Star Wars celebrations. Now to see who will be at each weekend.

I'm happy now to know that I'll be there for it.:sohappy:

jcraycraft

Good News!!! We are due to arrival Mid-June. I was afraid we wouldn’t make it in time this year. Kids really loved seeing the stars 2 years ago. Thanks for the info

Craig & Lisa

ALRIGHT!!!! We are going the last weekend of June into July, I hope they have it then too. Have never been there, always here about it, always wish I was there. Now I just might be able to experience it. :sohappy:

The rumors are true. SWW are moved completely into the month of June. So the Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays of each week in June will be have a Star Wars celebrations. Now to see who will be at each weekend.

I'm happy now to know that I'll be there for it.:sohappy:

Okay... I'll show my ignorance. What is a Star Wars celebration?

projectfusion

The reason it was moved from May to June is b/c there is a big Star Wars Celebration taking place in May out in LA. So they would have one weekend in May when nobody from Star Wars could be there b/c they will all be out in LA. Also the group that marches in the parade is a Star Wars costume fan club called the "501st" will all be out in LA at the same time or at least a majority of them and they wouldn't be able to have a parade at all one weekend.

I'd skip Disney anyday to go to Celebration. Disney is there year-round and isn't going anywhere.

Celebration is a huge Star Wars convention with tons of Star Wars celebrities and what-nots. Everything that a convention gives you....only it's all Star Wars and yup, the 501st (of whom partially marched in the Rose Bowl parade) will be there. Most of the US members attend Celebration and wouldn't miss it for the world....the 501st is a large world wide- costume based fan club (basically). They were honored in Episode 3 by George...the blue/white clone troopers that attack the Jedi temple with Anakin were designated as 501st troopers. I play Star Wars Galaxies online with several members of the 501st and they are all attending Celebration, I asked if anyone was going to Disney and no one even cared. They were more concerned about Celebration. Maybe one of the more local garrisons will attend SWW.

mdjbenkert

I believe that this is still in rumor stage. There has been nothing yet official announced on either starwars.com or from Disney.com. Stay tuned...:)

projectfusion

I believe that this is still in rumor stage. There has been nothing yet official announced on either starwars.com or from Disney.com. Stay tuned...:)

I'm checking our forum to check but I believe that Disney told us (501st) that they would be moving it to June because of the Celebration event. So while it might not be "offically" announced you can pretty much count on that being true.

Also even the local Florida Garrision is heading out to Cali :)

epcotfan

Wow this sucks. This was the first year I planned on going and they changed the dates. I booked the last week of May specifically for this event. I already have airfare booked so it can't be changed. Crap.

kramicart

The page I'm looking at on WDW says:

Monthly June Calendar

SPECIAL EVENTS

Star Wars™ Weekends - 05/19/2006 - 06/24/2007

That's a big typo, but taken literally means it started last May and should run for a year!

I know that's not true as I know how SWW works. But if it is supposed to be 5/19/2007, then that would give them 6 weekends (which they have had once or twice). I realize the overlap with the SWC in Cali, but Disney has executed less well informed ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom