Star Wars Weekends 2014

Ignohippo

It is slightly worse due to the slope of the ground. You have an upward grade toward the stage at the hat. There is a level to downward grade at the old stage. Ideally you would want a downward grade (eg stadium seating).

The Jedi Academy is almost level. If you're short and can't sit on the first 5 rows, you won't see anything.

The new one is far from optimal but it's still a vast improvement. You've gone from about 40 people being able to see to at least a couple of hundred.

If you moved it to Indy, everyone could see (2,000 plus)...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Jedi Academy is almost level. If you're short and can't sit on the first 5 rows, you won't see anything.

The new one is far from optimal but it's still a vast improvement. You've gone from about 40 people being able to see to at least a couple of hundred.

If you moved it to Indy, everyone could see (2,000 plus)...
Exactly...and all 2k could actually see.;)

LostPrincessKarleigh

So, we will be there for opening day of Star Wars weekend. What can we expect for crowds? Do they usually phase out HS the first day? Anything in particular we should do?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So, we will be there for opening day of Star Wars weekend. What can we expect for crowds? Do they usually phase out HS the first day? Anything in particular we should do?
I have never seen DHS hit a phased closure for SWW, but the Star Wars sections of the park will be incredibly crowded.

What to do depends on you.

Personally, I do not bother with autographs anymore unless there is someone I really want to see. Autographs for the more popular personalities can require you getting in line 8 or more hours before the parks even open.

I like the shows such as Behind the Force, Stars of the Saga as well as the ones unique to a particular celebrity like "A Visit to the Maul."

Character photos are also a good bit of fun.

No mater what you do, you will want to get there at least 1/2 hour to an hour before rope drop and have a plan.

ratherbeinwdw

The first day is usually not a peak day. When we got in at rope drop, the lines for merch were all the way out to RNR. However, a couple hours later, it was only to the outside of the tent/building. Another year, we got there about 40 minutes before rope drop, and they let everyone in early. We went straight to the tent and were able to get pictures with R2D2, CP30 and the Luke character within 20 minutes. The longest wait all day was to pay for the merchandize. We were waiting in line for the AP t-shirt.
Don't get me wrong, the park will be very crowded, but not spring break crowded. Now, Saturday and Sunday were packed. We still were able to ride anything we wanted and watch the parade and see the Hoopla that evening with a pretty good view on Friday, but I wouldn't count on that for a Sat. or Sun.

janoimagine

Ugh. This may be exactly what I feared. Just total speculation, but if they were going to get rid of the Hoopla, a fireworks show is exactly what they would replace it with.
I may be in the minority but the fireworks they put on for "May the 4th be with you" were far better than the dance show. If I had to pick one over the other, fireworks for the win for me.

Ignohippo

There are still several Clone Wars arcs coming out although they have been tight lipped about how when or where so I could see some of the Clone Wars people still being involved they really are very fan friendly and Ashley Eckstien and Dee Bradley Baker (Agent P)have other Disney tie inns

Shows what I know! They just announced 13 new/unaired season 6 episodes coming to Netflix in March!

Thomas morrow

I wasn't very optimistic about the episode count I was thinking 8 at the most still disappointed they cancelled the show (and at least they are releasing a Darth Maul comic of episodes that were planned for the show)it was really getting darker and more intense as they got closer to ROTS and the Yoda clip they released today with Qui Gon (Liam Neeson)is really interesting http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/tv/2014/02/13/5446207/ may have to make a weekend trip would like to meet some of TCW actors again if they are there they really are very friendly and are fans themselves especially Dee Bradley Baker Ashley Eckstien and JAT

Maerj

[quotefairter Yoda, post: 5934222, member: 15440"]Got it a few years ago when he was at SWW. Decent guy, but not the most engaging. It was kind of a sign and slide experience without much conversation. When you compare him to the other SW personalities like Ray Park, Jeremy Bulloch, Warwick Davis, etc he might as well have been signing robot.
To be fair, the demand of Billy Dee is exponentially higher than any of the other guests.

"This isn't a personal shot at you, but people tend to have unrealistically high expectations of celebrities. Almost an entitlement attitude. When a celebrity tires of it and becomes a bit more mundane in the public, there is an outcry over what a jerk that person is. Which is totally unfair."[/quote]

I got him at Chiller Theatre in NJ a few years back and he wouldn't even look up at people, just signed photos and pushed them away. One of the least friendly SW celebs, unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom