Star Wars Weekends 2014

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is going to be my first Star Wars weekend. Will I be able to get a T-shirt without a huge wait in line. Actually, to be clear, I won't wait in line at all if that's involved. So I guess I'm asking if T-shirts are sold everywhere or just in the one location.
You should be fine.

Where it can get nuts is first thing in the morning with the rush to get the LE items such as pins, coins and the like. Just wait until later in the afternoon and you should be able to walk in and grab a t-shirt as easy as you would any other shirt.

lebeau

You should be fine.

Where it can get nuts is first thing in the morning with the rush to get the LE items such as pins, coins and the like. Just wait until later in the afternoon and you should be able to walk in and grab a t-shirt as easy as you would any other shirt.

That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

Hyperspace Hoopla

This is going to be my first Star Wars weekend. Will I be able to get a T-shirt without a huge wait in line. Actually, to be clear, I won't wait in line at all if that's involved. So I guess I'm asking if T-shirts are sold everywhere or just in the one location.

Most of the exclusive stuff in only found at Darth's Maul. A good place to pick up basics (like maybe a T-Shirt - not sure) is the shop over near where the Darth Vader or Monsters Inc M&G's are.

If you're going to Darth's Maul and don't want to wait in line, just go late in the day and you shouldn't have a problem.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ah. Ok. Doesn't hurt to ask.Thanks!
They have LE coins, but they are not of the pressed variety and are pricey.

sww2012framedcoinset.jpg

jlsHouston

I used to head straight to the forums, too. Now, I tend to check the news when I first get on and then read forum updates as the day goes on.

This is the way I do it too for breaking news, unless I am being lazy and then I just holler out to one of the experts on a pertinent thread...I guess I actually do that alot because I am lazy...you know holler out :angelic:

jlsHouston

That's what bashing is. Making uneducated statements about one's beliefs. Is it America bashing when someone mentions that Americans love buffets? A few of my Euro friends have made comments about how our food is delicious but the portions are ridiculous.

HAHAHA this reminds me of a stand up routine I saw Leno in a year ago...He was going on about meat on meat..it was so funny and all I could do was think what a chow cow I am because my fav specialty burger is at a place called Hubcap and it's the philly burger...OMG piles of shaved beef and onions and peppers and melted gooey cheese on top of the best burger...

Yes we like buffets, partially because we like the idea of variety and choice and quantity and partially because our culture tends to be into immediate gratification.

Ignohippo

I was really tempted to do the parade and fireworks desert packages, but do you really need a special place to watch either of those?

If this were still the Hoopla then it would be worth it...

jlsHouston

Speaking of Portions.. They indeed are huge(the portions) in Houston Texas (not that I mind, I can save some food and eat leftover in the next day). Pappadeux is one of my favorite restaurants there!

We have great food. Cajun is on par with Louisiana fare. And our Tex Mex is better than San Antonio. And nobody says beaners. At least nobody in my circles and half my relatives are Guevara's. We do occasionally make cracks about how we fit 6 people in a 4 seater car though...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would not be surprised in the least to see Star Wars Weekends become hard ticket events next year.
I would not expect that at all. The one hard ticketed Star Wars even they had, The Last Tour to Endor, was sparsely attended. The even held it when the Star Wars Celebration convention was in Orlando and they did not even come close to selling it out.

TSMM was walk on during Last Tour for Pete's sake.:D

Ignohippo

I would not be surprised in the least to see Star Wars Weekends become hard ticket events next year.

That would be horrible.

It's pathetic that I don't mind the idea of them upcharging for the character breakfast for SWW because the characters have become almost inaccessible otherwise.

All they need to do is add more characters and spread them out better throughout the entire park. Why they don't use Sunset Blvd. (where the merch tent is anyway) is beyond me. And they could easily add 6-10 more characters to alleviate the long lines. At the least, the masked characters (Jango/Boba, Rex/Cody, etc.) are popular enough to get their own lines rather than alternating in one line.

Leave it to TDO to create a false demand by being cheap and then charging people more to get what they should have access to in the first place.

Hyperspace Hoopla

Does anyone know if the face character M&G's will Also be moving to Sound Stage 1? I'm referring to the M&G's that have been in Darth's Maul for the past few years - Luke, Leia, R2 & 3PO?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That would be horrible.

It's pathetic that I don't mind the idea of them upcharging for the character breakfast for SWW because the characters have become almost inaccessible otherwise.

All they need to do is add more characters and spread them out better throughout the entire park. Why they don't use Sunset Blvd. (where the merch tent is anyway) is beyond me. And they could easily add 6-10 more characters to alleviate the long lines. At the least, the masked characters (Jango/Boba, Rex/Cody, etc.) are popular enough to get their own lines rather than alternating in one line.

Leave it to TDO to create a false demand by being cheap and then charging people more to get what they should have access to in the first place.
There is no false demand for these things. There is a very real demand that exceeds the supply. You had to secure a viewing location 1-2 hours before showtime to see Hyperspace Hoopla last year. Jedi Training is filled by 9:00 AM and getting in line for shows 1/2-1 hour early has been a necessity for years.

There is a very real demand to avoid all of this waiting and people are more than willing to shell out cash for it.

ToTBellHop

I for one am excited about the new premium package. I think SWW is very cool but these events get too crowded, and since we have two toddlers, I had all but given up on going next month (those crowds, esp. for the parade and fireworks, would be terrifying with two 16-month olds). Yes, it is pricey, but the peace of mind of having a reserved location for the parade and fireworks as pretty invaluable to me. Booked it for the 25th!

Hope they have some fun Star Wars-themed desserts (as they are suggesting they will)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom