Star Wars vs. Harry Potter....choose.

Star Wars vs. Harry Potter....choose.

• Total voters

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No, its a personal decision, and most people would pick Star Wars, as is evidence here. I would be so bold to make the same thread on a Potter board and see where it goes.

Jimmy Thick-Star Wars of course.

As evidenced here? You mean on a Disney fan forum? What are the odds.....

Jimmy Thick- Even he doesn't realize how thick he really is....

Jimmy Thick

Do it.... and let's see.

Now Iam intrigued.

Tell you what, give me a couple days to find some forums beyond fanboi forums dedicated to Star Wars and Potter and let me ask this question and see where it goes.

I'll post the results here when I have the time.

Jimmy Thick-This could be interesting.

Captain Chaos

Now Iam intrigued.

Tell you what, give me a couple days to find some forums beyond fanboi forums dedicated to Star Wars and Potter and let me ask this question and see where it goes.

I'll post the results here when I have the time.

Jimmy Thick-This could be interesting.

Ok, cool... as long as the sites aren't geared one way or the other and favor both..

I don't understand why there has to be this fight all the time... Some people prefer Star Wars, some Harry Potter, and shocking: most like both..

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Ok, cool... as long as the sites aren't geared one way or the other and favor both..

I don't understand why there has to be this fight all the time... Some people prefer Star Wars, some Harry Potter, and shocking: most like both..

Yes, this would be interesting! I like both as well, I just like Star Wars more.:D

Captain Chaos

And I'll even make that an option.

Jimmy Thick-Who ever said I was not Jimmy the Fair?

That would make it fair.. which is why I think this current poll is a fail... I know this isn't scientific or anything, and I would love to see the results, just for fun...

Keep me posted when you have something to go on...

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
I like Star Wars more too, I just love both franchises... And in this poll, I cannot vote for just one :)

That would make it fair.. which is why I think this current poll is a fail... I know this isn't scientific or anything, and I would love to see the results, just for fun...

Keep me posted when you have something to go on...

So, you like Star Wars and Harry Potter equally? I mean, its a dead heat, right down the middle? You don't like one not even just a little bit more than the other?

Captain Chaos

So, you like Star Wars and Harry Potter equally? I mean, its a dead heat, right down the middle? You don't like one not even just a little bit more than the other?

I like Star Wars more, but I also love the Potter franchise... Which is why i cannot vote for one over the other... if there was an option for both, then that is where my vote would go...

twinnstar

I chose Star Wars, but I dont really think they are comparable. Star Wars, at the time when it came out, was like a big ol' HOLY CRAP to everyone. They had never seen anything like it EVER.

I love love love HP, but its no Star Wars, sorry!

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
I like Star Wars more, but I also love the Potter franchise... Which is why i cannot vote for one over the other... if there was an option for both, then that is where my vote would go...

LOL! So, you like Star Wars more. You answered the original poll- Star Wars vs. Harry Potter....choose. You just did. :lol: I mean, I know what you're saying and Iprobably should've put both, I guess, but a lot of people like both. I wanted to see which one everyone like more.

Captain Chaos

LOL! So, you like Star Wars more. You answered the original poll- Star Wars vs. Harry Potter....choose. You just did. :lol: I mean, I know what you're saying and Iprobably should've put both, I guess, but a lot of people like both. I wanted to see which one everyone like more.

Here is the poll:

Star Wars is and will always be better: Not true, therefore can't vote for this option... I don't believe Star Wars is better and I don't think it will always be better....

Harry Potter will eventually overtake Star Wars: Can't answer this because, well, no one knows how the future of Harry potter will do... Can't vote for this one..

Other: Well I guess I could vote here for other...

I don't care:Or here since I love both franchises and am not bothered like others here or scared that my favorite may not be the chosen favorite of others..

The poll is flawed and written so you get the response you want... Disney PR machines would love you to write their surveys...

If this was simply, which one do you like better, then I'd vote Star Wars.... but since the wording is faulty, I can't vote for Star Wars or Harry Potter...

Chrononymous

I am one of the "other" votes.

Both franchises have merit.

I was 8 years old when the first Star Wars movie came out...and it was like nothing I had ever seen before.
The fact that it stayed popular in theaters for almost three years straight is somehting unheard of, before or since.

But a whole bunch more movies, and animated tv shows later...and it seems almost oversaturated. So many characters, so much happening. It's no longer one story(even though it kinda is) ...but it seems like so much.

Still in ten years, the original trilogy will be further revered for the true classic it is, in breaking the rules of cinema and creating it's own rules in pop culture (the rise of action figures, and such...)

Now, Harry Potter is classic literature. And Classic Literature never goes out of style, as more and more people discover it. It's almost considered a rare case in that it was hugely popular while it was released (as opposed to decades later)

Just like the Star Wars experience, so many kids grew up along with the character, and the Harry Potter generation loves it's legend as much as those who grew up with Luke and Han, and Darth Vader.

Both franchises share so many simularities in the adventure/ quest of good vs. evil, that breaking them down, one can easily see Joseph Campbell's power of mythology in both stories.

They both are good. I do enjoy them both about equally. And in another decade it will be proven that both will continue to hold up, and capture the imagination of new generations.

Each is a remarkable touchstone in it's time and genre.
I don't believe one is necessarily better than the other.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Here is the poll:

Star Wars is and will always be better: Not true, therefore can't vote for this option... I don't believe Star Wars is better and I don't think it will always be better....

Harry Potter will eventually overtake Star Wars: Can't answer this because, well, no one knows how the future of Harry potter will do... Can't vote for this one..

Other: Well I guess I could vote here for other...

I don't care:Or here since I love both franchises and am not bothered like others here or scared that my favorite may not be the chosen favorite of others..

The poll is flawed and written so you get the response you want... Disney PR machines would love you to write their surveys...

If this was simply, which one do you like better, then I'd vote Star Wars.... but since the wording is faulty, I can't vote for Star Wars or Harry Potter...

:lookaroun oook :shrug:

Captain Chaos

:lookaroun oook :shrug:

What can't you figure out??? Your poll may have meant to see which one people prefer, but your options are flawed...

As a fan of both, I'll venture to say Potter will not take over Star Wars, that doesn't mean I don't like Potter...

As a fan of both, I can't say Star Wars is the best and will always be the best...

So, are you looking to see if people like Star Wars more?? like Potter more?? think Star Wars will always be the best??? or think Potter will ever beat out Star Wars??

wolf359

I ended up voting "other" because while I like both Star Wars and Harry Potter, I like Disney a whole heck of a lot more than Universal, so I wonder if I'll ever get around to seeing Potter-land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom