deleted

drizgirl

In it's best possible light (aka 'snorting the pixie dust' to the jaded)...

1. While many people don't think the desert parties are worth it (I don't), you do get the desert party which is currently $70.
2. A quick serve meal: $20

That leaves $40. Would you pay $40 to guarantee your youngling a spot at Jedi Academy without having to get to DHS 45 minutes before opening?

I think many would. If I had a child, I'd gladly pay this upcharge to avoid the extra-early rope drop and mad dash to the sign-up.

The other things are gravy. Hopefully this includes not only a VIP entrance to Star Tours, but the opportunity to ride it several times in order to see the randomized scenes.

Since the desert party can only fit so many individuals, this seems like it's going to be limited to about a dozen or two each day. This will have a minimal impact on other guests.

Except that I think it would be less fun touring the park with a child locked into the tour itinerary for the entire day. What if the child decides they want to do something that's not part of the schedule?

Bocabear

It's like they are trying to prove that the park with only 5 rides is still sellable...Loo we can do an upcharge special tour for $129 pp for the park that hjas the fewest attractions...If people will pay for that, why should we even bother trying to add capacity...
Clearly there is a sucker born every minute...Thanks P.T.

Princess Leia

"Screening of Star Wars: Path of the Jedi"- aka, one of the weakest attractions at the park.

It's only offered Mondays and Saturdays, so it's not like it will detract from a normal guest's experience, but this could have been better. Seven hours is way too long. Has Disney been around a four or five year old lately? I have. Even the most die-hard Star Wars kids are going to get tired and/or cranky if they're too young to enjoy it for seven hours.

With the current offerings, there's no way I'd pay for this. Maybe when the SWE opens, but not this. Now, if Universal did something like this for Harry Potter, I would probably be there in a heartbeat (maybe even trying to be the tour guide, because all of my HP knowledge isn't really being used on a daily basis).

Last edited:

MrPromey

In it's best possible light (aka 'snorting the pixie dust' to the jaded)...

1. While many people don't think the desert parties are worth it (I don't), you do get the desert party which is currently $70.
2. A quick serve meal: $20

That leaves $40. Would you pay $40 to guarantee your youngling a spot at Jedi Academy without having to get to DHS 45 minutes before opening?

I think many would. If I had a child, I'd gladly pay this upcharge to avoid the extra-early rope drop and mad dash to the sign-up.

The other things are gravy. Hopefully this includes not only a VIP entrance to Star Tours, but the opportunity to ride it several times in order to see the randomized scenes.

Since the desert party can only fit so many individuals, this seems like it's going to be limited to about a dozen or two each day. This will have a minimal impact on other guests.

Except it's going to be more than $40 unless they are taking the youngling for those 7 hours without any other family members.

Sometimes, I really feel like being an active fan is what's killing my appreciation for the parks. If I was just a typical guest who didn't follow Disney I'd show up and not know anything about this stuff going on and I wouldn't care but seeing these things roll out, a few a week now...

MrPromey

Can't you say that about every single tour?

Well, the "Behind the Seeds" Tour ($20 for adults, $16 for kids) has been around for years, takes you into a couple places you never saw from the boat and offers a good deal more information (including the truth about all the plants and animals in that part of the Land Pavilion) along with an alternate path to viewing the attraction in general.

The "Wild Africa Trek" not only offers a unique experience ($189-$249) but actually required investment in some alteration of the attraction to accommodate and is certainly something unique.

I'd say the "Epcot Seas Adventures – DiveQuest" tour ($179 for adults) that includes scuba diving in the tank of the Living Seas is offering an experience well beyond what a regular park guest could expect to experience on a normal day.(without a free ride in the back of a sherif's car at the end, anyway)

I'd go so far as to say the vast majority of tours and offerings that have been around for more than just these last couple of years now offer something beyond a regular park admission and some cheap desserts/food with a guide bundled in for an exorbitant fee.

In all seriousness, if any of these seem appealing, now may be the time to book because at the rate Disney is charging for this lame* stuff, it's only a matter of time until the fees on the truly unique experiences start going up, I'd have to think:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/

*My opinion only but when you can snorkel in the seas pavilion - a truly memorable experience and something most people will never get to do, for only $16 more than this costs, I consider this lame.

Last edited:

Princess Leia

Well, the "Behind the Seeds" Tour ($20 for adults, $16 for kids) has been around for years, takes you into a couple places you never saw from the boat and offers a good deal more information (including the truth about all the plants and animals in that part of the Land Pavilion) along with an alternate path to viewing the attraction in general.

The "Wild Africa Trek" not only offers a unique experience ($189-$249) but actually required investment in some alteration of the attraction to accommodate and is certainly something unique

I'd say the "Epcot Seas Adventures – DiveQuest" tour ($179 for adults) that includes swimming in the tank of the Living Seas is offering an experience well beyond what a regular park guest could expect to experience on a normal day.(without a free ride in the back of a sherif's car at the end, anyway)

I'd go so far as to say the vast majority of tours and offerings that have been around for more than just a couple of years now offer something beyond a regular park admission with a guide bundled in for an exorbitant fee.

In all seriousness, if any of these seem appealing, now may be the time to book because at the rate Disney is charging for this lame* stuff, it's only a matter of time until the fees on the truly unique experiences start going up, I'd have to think:

*My opinion only but when you can snorkel in the seas pavilion for only $16 more than this costs, I consider this lame.
I would love to do 'Behind the Seeds' or 'Dive Quest' based on what I've read (and Seeds is actually in my 'young adult' budget). I didn't know about the Wild Africa Trek until now, but that looks pretty neat as well.

MrPromey

I would love to do 'Behind the Seeds' or 'Dive Quest' based on what I've read (and Seeds is actually in my 'young adult' budget). I didn't know about the Wild Africa Trek until now, but that looks pretty neat as well.

I did the Seeds tour when it was about $7 for adults (a veritable steal by today's standards) but still well worth it at the price offered, now.

In all seriousness, if you want to do something cool and out of the ordinary at Disney, look around on that page I linked to at the bottom. These things are comparable in price ranges to things like this and almost none of them are blatantly thrown together affairs like they're rolling out these days...

Not to say that this, or cabanas, or backstage buses or any other up-charge option Disney has announced in the last 30 days is a money-grab - clearly they're offering tremendous value to the people that consider them worthwhile, aren't hurting anyone, if you don't like them you don't have to do them, else, etc., etc., but when you look at the details of these newer things and the older things, in most cases, the difference in apparent substance is striking.

What's truly shocking is these prices are still within the realm of reasonable considering the prices of the new stuff and what they actually offer. ;)

Last edited:

CastleBound

Oh this is bad.... this is so bad. Star Wars is one of my favorite things ever and I consider myself a super-fan of the franchise, but I would never do this. There's literally no benefit to this that you can't do yourself. I don't want to tag along with someone who memorized dialogue to give me the "scoop" on Star Wars. I'm actually getting really mad about this. I think it's just the topping on the cake after a string of add-on money grabbing opportunities from Disney of late.

If this was around the same price to tour around Star Wars land when that opens, then it's a completely different story. Don't try to sell me on everything I can already do on my own.

Luxe

"Screening of Star Wars: Path of the Jedi"- aka, one of the weakest attractions at the park.

It's only offered Mondays and Saturdays, so it's not like it will detract from a normal guest's experience, but this could have been better. Seven hours is way too long. Has Disney been around a four or five year old lately? I have. Even the most die-hard Star Wars kids are going to get tired and/or cranky if they're too young to enjoy it for seven hours.

With the current offerings, there's no way I'd pay for this. Maybe when the SWE opens, but not this. Now, if Universal did something like this for Harry Potter, I would probably be there in a heartbeat (maybe even trying to be the tour guide, because all of my HP knowledge isn't really being used on a daily basis).
I'm assuming this is marketed more towards the people who would have gone to DHS for SWW rather than for kids. I would take SWW over a boring tour with someone babbling on for 7 hours who probably knows less about Star Wars than I do.

Princess Leia

... and any die-hard Star Wars fan is likely to be more knowledgeable to Star Wars then any tour guide they could provide.

I'm assuming this is marketed more towards the people who would have gone to DHS for SWW rather than for kids. I would take SWW over a boring tour with someone babbling on for 7 hours who probably knows less about Star Wars than I do.
I hope Disney has found the biggest Star Wars fans among its CMs to do this.

(though I'm sure they haven't).

Tavernacle12

The only maybe sort of cool thing they could have done with this is program one of the Star Tours vehicles to do each planet and sequence so you get to see them all in one day. Certainly not worth the price but I can't imagine how anything SW related in that park would be.

Most of the other tours offer something unique. Keys has utilidoors and a couple of cast member only sections. The Showcase your lets you see a bunch of behind the scenes stuff and walk Showcase when it's empty. Seeds and Trek are both totally unique.

Like, I'm not even sure what they could add here. Maybe have Vader/Ren do a meet up (whichever isn't normally meeting), or give away some swag? I can't imagine there's much unique behind the scenes stuff at Star Tours or Launch Bay (unless they have some props in storage you can see. Are any of the backlot props still there?). Maybe time it so you get a meet up with Phasma when her little March is over? Like, this seems expensive for what it might be when the SW Land actually opens.

The Empress Lilly

When I heard 7 hours I assumed $500 so it is priced right, but there's nothing exclusive to the tour. Seems like you could do it much faster on your own
Pretty much my thoughts.

I wouldn't mind a Star Wars tour. A good park or backstage tour is not a tacky moneygrab, but showcasing your crown jewels. But where's the value in this? Also, I'm as big a SW as anybody, but seven hours? Goodness. :eek:

I'd love a guided tour of Launch Bay by some SW nerd though, for like 90 minutes or so.

asianway

Can't you say that about every single tour?

I guess Keys to the Kingdom does take you briefly into the Utilidors, but otherwise you get to ride three attractions while a tour guide talks about them and the park.
On the Star Wars tour you get to ride some attractions & see some shows and have a tour guide talk to you about them. Its not that difference to any other tour
Been there done that but going to the utildors is a Disney geek rite of passage, I wouldn't minimize it

raymusiccity

The "Wild Africa Trek" not only offers a unique experience ($189-$249) but actually required investment in some alteration of the attraction to accommodate and is certainly something unique.

I'd say the "Epcot Seas Adventures – DiveQuest" tour ($179 for adults) that includes scuba diving in the tank of the Living Seas is offering an experience well beyond what a regular park guest could expect to experience on a normal day.(without a free ride in the back of a sherif's car at the end, anyway)

I'd go so far as to say the vast majority of tours and offerings that have been around for more than just these last couple of years now offer something beyond a regular park admission and some cheap desserts/food with a guide bundled in for an exorbitant fee.

*My opinion only but when you can snorkel in the seas pavilion - a truly memorable experience and something most people will never get to do, for only $16 more than this costs, I consider this lame.

I'd also include and highly recommend the Behind the Steam Tour. Takes you onboard the train before the park opens and switches you off site to the yards where they store and service the trains as well as the monorail fleet.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Oh this is bad.... this is so bad. Star Wars is one of my favorite things ever and I consider myself a super-fan of the franchise, but I would never do this. There's literally no benefit to this that you can't do yourself. I don't want to tag along with someone who memorized dialogue to give me the "scoop" on Star Wars. I'm actually getting really mad about this. I think it's just the topping on the cake after a string of add-on money grabbing opportunities from Disney of late.

If this was around the same price to tour around Star Wars land when that opens, then it's a completely different story. Don't try to sell me on everything I can already do on my own.

Could always email them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom