News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Surly you jest.
About the $6K or the kids?

I had heard a similar ballpark figure thrown around for 4 people in a room including all meals and entertainment. I would be shocked if it was a whole lot less than that.

As far as a load of kids, I think it depends on age. Loads of toddlers...no. Older kids...for sure.

21stamps

About the $6K or the kids?

I had heard a similar ballpark figure thrown around for 4 people in a room including all meals and entertainment. I would be shocked if it was a whole lot less than that.

As far as a load of kids, I think it depends on age. Loads of toddlers...no. Older kids...for sure.

$6000 for two nights?! And this is supposed to be a split stay with another resort?

I always plan on about $5-8k for our ‘big’ vacation, sometimes (rarely) a little more depending on what or how long it is.. but 6k for 2 nights? I can’t imagine it will be that high.

Don’t care what anyone says, there’s not enough people who will be willing to do that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
$6000 for two nights?! And this is supposed to be a split stay with another resort?

I always plan on about $5-8k for our ‘big’ vacation, sometimes (rarely) a little more depending on what or how long it is.. but 6k for 2 nights? I can’t imagine it will be that high.

Don’t care what anyone says, there’s not enough people who will be willing to do that.
$6K may be on the high end. The ballpark I was referring to was somewhere between $1,000 and $1,500 per person based on 4 in a room. I would assume the per person amount gets higher if you go down to 3 or 2 per room but not exponentially higher. It’s also not known if there would be a significant discount for kids vs adults.

If you do the math it’s not that hard to come up with those prices. This is a boutique hotel which I am assuming will be top of the line as far as Disney hotels for service and amenities. So if you assume $750 a night (similar to GF) for the room that’s $1,500. Then factor in 6 meals for 4 people including the possibility of signature/character meals (at least for the 2 dinners). That’s another $1K. The hardest part is factoring in the entertainment value. Four 2 day park tickets with park hopping costs $1,100 but this is a lot more personalized than just visiting the parks. Even so, when you add that all up you do get a little less than $4K. Because this is a unique experience with limited rooms and personalized attention to guests I would expect it would be priced higher than a deluxe room and park tickets. Remember people pay $225 for a family of 4 for some cupcakes and a reserved seat to see fireworks.

Incomudro

$6K may be on the high end. The ballpark I was referring to was somewhere between $1,000 and $1,500 per person based on 4 in a room. I would assume the per person amount gets higher if you go down to 3 or 2 per room but not exponentially higher. It’s also not known if there would be a significant discount for kids vs adults.

If you do the math it’s not that hard to come up with those prices. This is a boutique hotel which I am assuming will be top of the line as far as Disney hotels for service and amenities. So if you assume $750 a night (similar to GF) for the room that’s $1,500. Then factor in 6 meals for 4 people including the possibility of signature/character meals (at least for the 2 dinners). That’s another $1K. The hardest part is factoring in the entertainment value. Four 2 day park tickets with park hopping costs $1,100 but this is a lot more personalized than just visiting the parks. Even so, when you add that all up you do get a little less than $4K. Because this is a unique experience with limited rooms and personalized attention to guests I would expect it would be priced higher than a deluxe room and park tickets. Remember people pay $225 for a family of 4 for some cupcakes and a reserved seat to see fireworks.

One of the obstacles I struggle with is that this is (as far as we know) a top of the line hotel, yet the accomodations appear like cold, space quarters.
Usually when you pay top dollar you get luxury - see, AK, Grand Floridian, Poly...
Here you pay luxury bucks for story and immersion, but - well, look at the images of the rooms.
I know that there are a certain amount of people who won't mind shelling out that kind of money for the enjoyment of doing this with their kids.
I know there is another portion that won't mind shelling it out for themselves.
But I can't help but wonder about the sustainability of this at a premium price.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
One of the obstacles I struggle with is that this is (as far as we know) a top of the line hotel, yet the accomodations appear like cold, space quarters.
Usually when you pay top dollar you get luxury - see, AK, Grand Floridian, Poly...
Here you pay luxury bucks for story and immersion, but - well, look at the images of the rooms.
I know that there are a certain amount of people who won't mind shelling out that kind of money for the enjoyment of doing this with their kids.
I know their is another portion that won't mind shelling it out for themselves.
But I can't help but wonder about the sustainability of this at a premium price.
I think this whole project is a big gamble for Disney and I’m really interested to see how it plays out. I agree it has the potential to lose momentum, especially if the experience isn’t up to the price tag.

As far as the rooms go, I’m not sure that based on the concept art we can determine if the rooms are luxury or not. The theme is “quarters on a space ship”, but that doesn’t mean they can’t still be filled with luxury amenities. We haven’t really seen the bathrooms yet. A high end boutique hotel usually has many amenities related more to personal service (due to the smaller size). Things like higher end mattresses, individually stocked fridges with beverages that the guest can request, pillow selections, turndown service, high end bath amenities, even butler service. I’m not saying all of these things or even any of them will be available at this resort, but any or all of them could and due to a much lower staff to guest ratio they should be able to provide a higher level of service than the much larger GF or Poly. I would assume you would also get a concierge type person to guide you through your stay. Again, more about personalized service. I don’t think they will have a spa onsite and many urban boutique hotels are as much known for their food as the rooms so it’s not a perfect comparison.

21stamps

I think this whole project is a big gamble for Disney and I’m really interested to see how it plays out. I agree it has the potential to lose momentum, especially if the experience isn’t up to the price tag.

As far as the rooms go, I’m not sure that based on the concept art we can determine if the rooms are luxury or not. The theme is “quarters on a space ship”, but that doesn’t mean they can’t still be filled with luxury amenities. We haven’t really seen the bathrooms yet. A high end boutique hotel usually has many amenities related more to personal service (due to the smaller size). Things like higher end mattresses, individually stocked fridges with beverages that the guest can request, pillow selections, turndown service, high end bath amenities, even butler service. I’m not saying all of these things or even any of them will be available at this resort, but any or all of them could and due to a much lower staff to guest ratio they should be able to provide a higher level of service than the much larger GF or Poly. I would assume you would also get a concierge type person to guide you through your stay. Again, more about personalized service. I don’t think they will have a spa onsite and many urban boutique hotels are as much known for their food as the rooms so it’s not a perfect comparison.

I think you’ll get an app to guide you thru your stay. ;)

Seriously, I’m sure there will be concierge rooms, but I doubt that all rooms will come with such service. I really do think an app is more likely.

Incomudro

I agree with much of your post, but even with top notch attention and services, the rooms - at least in the depictions - are hard plastic and or fiberglass quarters - cold and stark.

TiggerDad

As far as the rooms go, I’m not sure that based on the concept art we can determine if the rooms are luxury or not. The theme is “quarters on a space ship”, but that doesn’t mean they can’t still be filled with luxury amenities. We haven’t really seen the bathrooms yet. A high end boutique hotel usually has many amenities related more to personal service (due to the smaller size). Things like higher end mattresses, individually stocked fridges with beverages that the guest can request, pillow selections, turndown service, high end bath amenities, even butler service.
If the butler isn't a droid, I want my money back.

Unplugged

I think a few things to consider for this. First, Disney's new model is to nickel and dime you to death (aka Dessert Parties, VIP seating) and as they've stated, optional costuming, level of participation, and other potentials will be provided for this experience. You can be ensured there will be more than enough things to sap your cash that you'll be out a LOT by the time you leave. Of course, now that Disney is closing in on the Fox deal, one of the droids may be named Bender and he'll simply pick pocket all the chumps and meat bags as they leave. ;-) So the price may be a bit lower, but chances are good that by the time a batch of folks check out, the pricing will have averaged out. Much like a cruise, you pay your "inclusive" price, but don't even attempt to tell me there are no opportunities to open the wallet and shake it out.

For those who think a "space themed hotel" isn't luxury because of the theme, the comparison to AKL and others emphasizes the potential trim level. After all, they are simply different themes that appeal to different people. If you think space is cold and not luxury but prefer AKL or even BLT, there are ample folks who I've heard complain about the themeing of those but for different reasons. Value (er, uh, Deluxe) is in the eye of the spender, in this case.

@George - I liked the Mad Max reference. Too bad they got rid of "Lights, Motors, Action!" as that would have made a nice conversion to Thunder Dome! I wonder if Barter Town would be powered by Muppet Pigs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom