Star Wars themed land announced for Disneyland

Curious Constance

Yup, those are their exercise yards. From Mickey & Friends you could also see their stables and grooming areas. Disneyland had a huge setup for their horses, but they only kept less than a dozen.

A family member of mine owns horses and is involved in national Dressage competitions, and when she saw the stables area from Mickey & Friends she commented to us that they had a very fine looking facility large enough for dozens of horses. But Disneyland only had a handful of horses, and you could only ever see one or two horses in the facility at any one time.

The horse-drawn streetcars continue daily operation today, until PETA aims their protest movement at Disneyland and WDW, which is something I'm waiting for. Where do Disneyland's horses live now? I forget where they moved them to.
Thanks, TP :) I hope the horses are getting used to their new routine. I wonder if it will be necessary for each horse to make the trip daily, or if they will switch off days?

TP2000

Each horse only works a couple of days a week so they wouldn't all have to go every day.

One of the streetcar CM's told me they they've been trucking them in horse trailers every day from the ranch area behind the park to the streetcar track behind City Hall for decades. These horses are used to getting in horse trailers multiple times per day to get to their job. Now their daily commute is just a little longer as their "ranch" moves off-site.

Travel Junkie

According to MiceChat here is the proposed layout of the land:

StarWarsExpansion-After-610x518.jpg

Some other interesting tidbits of info too including what sounds like a peoplemover or red car trolley like like attraction that was cut due to budget. It also sounds like they are going to great lengths to ensure that you are unable to see Star Wars land from other areas of the park despite the massive show buildings.

http://micechat.com/118668-disneyland-phantom-menace/

D

Deleted member 107043

Man, this thing is going to be huge! :joyfull::joyfull:

If this is indeed the footprint for the park's expansion, which seems very likely, I can see why the Fantasyland expansion rumor could be legit. The routing of the DRR is kind of a giveaway - they are protecting the space between Toontown and Storybookland.

Curious Constance

Man, this thing is going to be huge! :joyfull::joyfull:

If this is indeed the footprint for the park's expansion, which seems very likely, I can see why the Fantasyland expansion rumor could be legit. The routing of the DRR is kind of a giveaway - they are protecting the space between Toontown and Storybookland.
I can't wait to find out what's going to happen to Star Tours. Does this drawing give any clues?

TP2000

I'm no expert on anything, but can the Disneyland Railroad even make those kinds of turns?

Looking at Google Earth, the Disneyland Railroad makes a much, much tighter turn to get the trains to/from the backstage roundhouse facility next to It's A Small World.

The gentle S-Curve here for Star Wars Land and around the Fantasyland Theatre is nothing compared to the tight 90 degree turn the trains make every night when they are put to bed in the roundhouse.

Nland316

Concerned about the budget cuts already. Seems pretty essential to the land, and why the cuts if there are 1.5 billion dollars in investments to use?

Travel Junkie

I have no idea how reliable a source this is but a lot of it jives with other things we have heard.

• Poe Dameron’s black X-wing fighter will greet guests at the 3rd entrance to Star Wars Land, although an Episode VIII feature to the fighter might make it different from what we know about it from The Force Awakens.
  • Characters and creatures from Star Wars: Episode VIII will be featured in the park.
  • The Falcon will be real, life sized, not scaled down at all, and sitting on top of a launch pad.
  • The Falcon will be opening and closing its main door and aliens/ troopers will be walking around asking people if they’ve seen anyone leave the ship.
  • There will be two major attractions, one larger than “Toon Town” itself.
  • Don’t worry about not being able to go inside the Falcon. One of the major attractions will take care of that for you as you fly in the cockpit of the freighter itself.
  • The word is the Imagineers loved the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story script, but if that will come into play is still hazy. Initial word was the second major attraction would feature Rogue One content, but now that appears to be somewhat unlikely.
full article: http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/25576/

Curious Constance

I have no idea how reliable a source this is but a lot of it jives with other things we have heard.

• Poe Dameron’s black X-wing fighter will greet guests at the 3rd entrance to Star Wars Land, although an Episode VIII feature to the fighter might make it different from what we know about it from The Force Awakens.
  • Characters and creatures from Star Wars: Episode VIII will be featured in the park.
  • The Falcon will be real, life sized, not scaled down at all, and sitting on top of a launch pad.
  • The Falcon will be opening and closing its main door and aliens/ troopers will be walking around asking people if they’ve seen anyone leave the ship.
  • There will be two major attractions, one larger than “Toon Town” itself.
  • Don’t worry about not being able to go inside the Falcon. One of the major attractions will take care of that for you as you fly in the cockpit of the freighter itself.
  • The word is the Imagineers loved the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story script, but if that will come into play is still hazy. Initial word was the second major attraction would feature Rogue One content, but now that appears to be somewhat unlikely.
full article: http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/25576/
This all sounds too good to be true.

I hope the two attractions will both be vastly different than Star Tours. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Tours, but I'm hoping for something different. I'm also hoping they move Star Tours to the new land too.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom