Star Wars themed land announced for Disneyland

D

Deleted member 107043

You're right. There's the whole Anaheim infrastructure and transportation challenge.

Which reminds me, what's going on with the plans for a new east side parking garage and recently acquired land everyone assumes is for a pedestrian connection to DLR? SW Land seems to have pushed that project out of the conversation.

GiveMeTheMusic

You're right. There's the whole Anaheim infrastructure and transportation challenge.

Which reminds me, what's going on with the plans for a new east side parking garage and recently acquired land everyone assumes is for a pedestrian connection to DLR? SW Land seems to have pushed that project out of the conversation.

It's due to be finished before SWL is finished. Work should begin in earnest sometime this year.

George Lucas on a Bench

Even though the Rivers of America attractions and the Railroad will eventually (supposedly, hopefully) return, most of them will never be the same and probably not for the better. But we can still find light in the darkness. All the usual suspects will soon be back in The Haunted Mansion. While many happy places go away, another returns, for a time.

Jon81uk

Even though the Rivers of America attractions and the Railroad will eventually (supposedly, hopefully) return, most of them will never be the same and probably not for the better. But we can still find light in the darkness. All the usual suspects will soon be back in The Haunted Mansion. While many happy places go away, another returns, for a time.

Hopefully it will come back as beautiful as in this concept art http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...nd-railroad-at-disneyland-park-in-california/

D

Deleted member 107043

I knew it would be lovely. Lots of detail and visual interest rather than just the wall of trees that are there now. There'll be some things that people may dislike, but from the looks of this concept art I wouldn't be surprised if the overall ROA experience is improved when its all done.

Side note: If I were the King of Disneyland I would move the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas to Frontierland. It would make so much more sense to travel through them after passing the ROA instead of between Main Street and Tomorrowland.

dweezil78

Side note: If I were the King of Disneyland I would move the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas to Frontierland. It would make so much more sense to travel through them after passing the ROA instead of between Main Street and Tomorrowland.

Would love that too, although in order to squeeze that in over there, you'd end up missing all the great views when passing thru the ROA. WDW's train was originally going to have something like that if Thunder Mesa/Western River Expedition wasn't scrapped.

D

Deleted member 107043

I'd put it behind Fantasyland after passing by the ROA. When the trains emerged they'd be at the Toontown station. There probably isn't enough room back there, but hey anything can happen at Disneyland, right? :):):)

phillip sugarman

Check out the first pictures that show progress of the demolition for Star Wars Land.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 87

TP2000

Is that where the horses stayed?

Yup, those are their exercise yards. From Mickey & Friends you could also see their stables and grooming areas. Disneyland had a huge setup for their horses, but they only kept less than a dozen.

A family member of mine owns horses and is involved in national Dressage competitions, and when she saw the stables area from Mickey & Friends she commented to us that they had a very fine looking facility large enough for dozens of horses. But Disneyland only had a handful of horses, and you could only ever see one or two horses in the facility at any one time.

The horse-drawn streetcars continue daily operation today, until PETA aims their protest movement at Disneyland and WDW, which is something I'm waiting for. Where do Disneyland's horses live now? I forget where they moved them to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom