Star Wars themed land announced for Disneyland

PrincessJenn5795

I'm sure it will "fit" just fine. It will be no more unusual than having flaming tiki torches and elephant tusk thatched roofs located 20 feet away from an 1850's Oregon Trail log fort. Or having a Bavarian pink castle at the end of a 1905 Missouri small town. Or having a snow capped Swiss mountain looming directly over a tropical lagoon with mermaids and atomic submarines in it. :)

Star Wars Land will fit in Disneyland. And it will be wildly popular.

I meant more that DL doesn't have lands devoted to only one franchise (particularly not one that has nothing to do with an actual Disney franchise), not that Star Wars doesn't fit in the park or that the land won't fit in with the surrounding lands. As I said before though, I am sure it will be awesome, and I am sure my family (especially my 12 year old son) will love it.

And BTW, Missouri would be a much more interesting place if they started building pink Bavarian castles in all of their small towns. I would totally support that decision.

Tigger1988

Judging by how they ran Frozen Fun last year, it will start the second weekend in January, around the 8th, after the Christmas crowds have all flown home.

Launch Bay will open earlier in November, 2015.
How long did Frozen Fun run? My trip is Feb 1 - 8. Really hoping we get SotF.

I figure it'd be up and running for the Star Wars 5k later in Jan, but hoping it goes a few weeks longer.

TP2000

Frozen Fun ran until the first of May, then it was closed as the Resort transitioned into the kickoff of the Diamond Celebration on May 22nd. The sing-along and meet n greet remain, obviously.

I imagine Seasons will do the same thing; post-Christmas to spring.

Phroobar

I guess we still get Ghost Galaxy in October right? Then they might shut down for December to do the Hyperspace Mountain overlay? Not sure how extensive it will be. Are we part of the rebel alliance being launched into a dog fight? I wonder how the loading bay will be changed?

D

Deleted member 107043

I guess they got to build were there is room. Now put that Tron coaster from Shanghai in Tomorrowland already!

Seriously!

This announcement does make me wonder more than ever what the long term plan is for Tomorrowland. No big Star Wars overlay there, so now what? Someone else mentioned the possibility of Iron Man replacing ST, which I guess makes sense, but what about the rest of the land?

Phroobar

I'm thinking both. Now if they can remove Small World and connect the whole thing to Tomorrowland. I know. Never happen.

D

Deleted member 107043

So, has anybody found out for sure if it's Toontown or Big Thunder Ranch that's getting the boot?

The OCRegister posted a graphic for where it expects SW will go and it shows Toontown intact:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-677658-star-wars.html?graphics

Nothing official, of course.

I'm thinking both. Now if they can remove Small World and connect the whole thing to Tomorrowland. I know. Never happen.

Maybe move SW like they're doing in Japan? Nah, you're right, something like that would never happen.

Phroobar

I'm using a google map acreage calculator. If I draw out the area that OCRegister marks as the location for Star Wars land, it comes to approx 10 acres. Toontown is approximately 4-5 acres. So if it does get located there, it will include Toontown to get 14 acres. I didn't use the part behind toontown but included Roger Rabbit and Big Thunder Ranch in my calculation.

George Lucas on a Bench

It's a shame about Tomorrowland, lowercase Epcot (poor Future World), even Hollywood Studios, or whatever that's going to be about now. A lot of meh announcements. I have no desire to experience Toy Story Land, Avatar (which has the worst name for an attraction) Frozen: The Ride. I find the Hyperspace Mountain overlay ironic because the queue line for Space Mountain feels like you're in Star Trek, and it's all the better for it.

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

It's a shame about Tomorrowland, lowercase Epcot (poor Future World), even Hollywood Studios, or whatever that's going to be about now. A lot of meh announcements. I have no desire to experience Toy Story Land, Avatar (which has the worst name for an attraction) Frozen: The Ride. I find the Hyperspace Mountain overlay ironic because the queue line for Space Mountain feels like you're in Star Trek, and it's all the better for it.
What about Guardians of the Galaxy replacing Hyperspace Mountain?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom