Star Wars themed land announced for Disneyland

Californian Elitist

Opinions are fine but most of the time he's not adding anything new that hasn't already been said. Everytime I go in the Luigi thread , the only thing that stands out is him saying how much he despises that stupid flat ride. I visit sports forums everyday and in our world we call that trolling .

Use the ignore option. You can't stop someone from saying they don't like something about the park.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Why are you complaining then?
Because he's posting the exact same thing. It gets old. Take for example you and another poster going back and forth regarding the types of foreign tourist that visit Disneyland and USH. Did you not get annoyed when the other person kept on questioning you about the same thing over and over and over again about your experiences with foreign tourists in both parks? And for the record I agree with you that certain tourists who visit universal do skip out on Disneyland.

Kiwiduck

Because he's posting the exact same thing. It gets old. Take for example you and another poster going back and forth regarding the types of foreign tourist that visit Disneyland and USH. Did you not get annoyed when the other person kept on questioning you about the same thing over and over and over again about your experiences with foreign tourists in both parks? And for the record I agree with you that certain tourists who visit universal do skip out on Disneyland.
Not really sure how you can compare an exchange that was around 4 or 5 messages long on each side with a debate that has made up the best part of 100 pages and will probably last 100 more. Also, not really sure why you felt the need to throw shade on me to prove your unrelated point.

Californian Elitist

Yeah, I got annoyed, but I never asked them to stop responding to me or to stop commenting. They may have been annoying me, but they weren't insulting me or being rude, so why would I ask them to stop repeating themselves?

To ask someone to stop repeating themselves simply because they're annoying you is rude. I could see if Endor was being rude and insulting to other posters. Why is it okay for those in favor of Star Wars Land and Luigi's to repeat themselves, but it's not okay for those of us who aren't? This is a discussion forum about Disneyland... What topic or statement hasn't been brought up multiple times?

Based on the number of your posts, it looks like you don't post often. You'd notice things get repeated a lot here. That's normal. If you don't like it, use the ignore option. You can't like some of someone's posts, but then complain and basically request for them to stop expressing their feelings simply because you're annoyed.

Hope I didn't offend you.

Californian Elitist

Not really sure how you can compare an exchange that was around 4 or 5 messages long on each side with a debate that has made up the best part of 100 pages and will probably last 100 more. Also, not really sure why you felt the need to throw shade on me to prove your unrelated point.

They weren't throwing shade, they brought up the conversation that took place last week. That's all.

Curious Constance

I'm assuming they were referring to me, not you. Even after all that exchange, it seems our original point was never received. It was never about the percentage of people who are foreign that visit USH. It was about the claim that USH gets way more foreign visitors than Disneyland. But that is the last time I will ever type a single keystroke regarding that subject again!

Kiwiduck

I'm assuming they were referring to me, not you. Even after all that exchange, it seems our original point was never received. It was never about the percentage of people who are foreign that visit USH. It was about the claim that USH gets way more foreign visitors than Disneyland. But that is the last time I will ever type a single keystroke regarding that subject again!
It seems I probably need to stop taking things so personally if I'm going to get into this internet commenting business!!

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Yeah, I got annoyed, but I never asked them to stop responding to me or to stop commenting. They may have been annoying me, but they weren't insulting me or being rude, so why would I ask them to stop repeating themselves?

To ask someone to stop repeating themselves simply because they're annoying you is rude. I could see if Endor was being rude and insulting to other posters. Why is it okay for those in favor of Star Wars Land and Luigi's to repeat themselves, but it's not okay for those of us who aren't? This is a discussion forum about Disneyland... What topic or statement hasn't been brought up multiple times?

Based on the number of your posts, it looks like you don't post often. You'd notice things get repeated a lot here. That's normal. If you don't like it, use the ignore option. You can't like some of someone's posts, but then complain and basically request for them to stop expressing their feelings simply because you're annoyed.

Hope I didn't offend you.
Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I don't read the boards. I don't see the point in constantly slamming something until you've actually had the chance to experience it. I'm a Disney homer and I didn't care for anything Universal. That was until I visited Universal Orlando. Blew my mind away how great both parks were and changed my whole perspective of what a park should be. I didn't go around constantly posting on how much I hated Universal. You aren't adding anything constructive to the conversation by repeating yourself of how much you hate something, especially if you haven't even experienced it yet. Avatar land , I think it's a stupid idea. But you know what, I'll wait until I go there before I make more comments about how stupid it is. Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Sorry if I'm coming off as a a$$hat. We're all fans of the parks here and want what's best for the parks. Obviously there are conflicting opinions, but for the most part we are all on the same boat.

BrianLo

I just looked too, here's how many attractions have clones.
Mediterranean Harbor: 1/6
Mysterious Island: 0/2
Mermaid Lagoon: 2/7
Arabian Coast: 1/4
Lost River Delta: 2/4
Port Discovery: 0/3
American Waterfront: 3/8
That's only 9/34 attractions and shows not counting things like restaurants and shops. Those 9 were Fantasmic!, Ariel's Greeting Grotto, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Jasmine's Magic Carpets, Indiana Jones Adventure, Raging Spirits, Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror minus the Twilight Zone theming, and Turtle Talk With Crush. Here's the list so that we can both revisit for future reference.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tokyo_DisneySea_attractions

Not to take away from the effort, but you are counting some very weird things. Such as giving them two attractions a piece for stops on the in-park transport options (the steamer line and the electric railway).

As far as attractions of real substance (not the flats), they have:

Clones: Indy, Raging Spirits, TSMM (different exterior), Tower of Terror (different exterior and ride overlay)
Originals: Journey to the Centre of the Earth, 20k Leagues, Sindbad, Storm Rider

What really matters when it comes to TDS however is that the entire guts of the park and every single land are all original, well executed and elaborate. The shows (even !Fantasmic) are all fairly to very unique.

Objectively it doesn't offer much of a different menu than DCA (and far less than Disneyland), but the packaging (the entire park structure, the lands, restaurants etc.) is quite simply unbeatable.

In my opinion Disneyland is the best Disney park worldwide, but Tokyo Disney Sea comes a close second.

ForeverAnna

TDS's Fantasmic! has been mentioned a few times recently so I just found a video on Youtube. I still like DL's best but this one is far better that DHS's. I was a little baffled by how much of it was in English though.

Donaldfan1934

Not to take away from the effort, but you are counting some very weird things. Such as giving them two attractions a piece for stops on the in-park transport options (the steamer line and the electric railway).

As far as attractions of real substance (not the flats), they have:

Clones: Indy, Raging Spirits, TSMM (different exterior), Tower of Terror (different exterior and ride overlay)
Originals: Journey to the Centre of the Earth, 20k Leagues, Sindbad, Storm Rider

What really matters when it comes to TDS however is that the entire guts of the park and every single land are all original, well executed and elaborate. The shows (even !Fantasmic) are all fairly to very unique.

Objectively it doesn't offer much of a different menu than DCA (and far less than Disneyland), but the packaging (the entire park structure, the lands, restaurants etc.) is quite simply unbeatable.

In my opinion Disneyland is the best Disney park worldwide, but Tokyo Disney Sea comes a close second.
I guess that its pretty even if you look at it that way. But I think that all attractions make the sum of the whole that is the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom