Star Wars: Rogue One

Thessair

Yeah, and she is a pretty good likeness of the original actress. I really like what I am seeing so far in this trailer. I think it would be really cool if the movie ends with the first scene of A New Hope.

That would be pretty darned amazing. I'm sure some people would roll their eyes at that neat of ending, but I'd be giddy as all get out.

Phroobar

I wonder how the crew of the Ghost (SW:Rebels) will fit into this movie? I guess the last season is suppose to lead up to this movie. Maybe Ashoka is still alive?
If Ashoka does show up, I want her to be played by Ashley Eckstein.

Ahsoka-675-ver3-copy.jpg

erasure fan1

SW seems to have realized what Marvel hasn't. If the movie is good it doesn't matter if the lead is male or female.
Exactly. If you make a great star wars movie, I'm game no matter who the lead is. As long as the character is well written and fits the story, and not just tossed in, bring it on.

Why is it ok for the OT AND the PT to have male leads, but not ok for the two newer films to female leads? I don't get it.
Maybe because 4 of the next 5 movies are female leads. I think if they would have started the story movies with the Solo film, then the Fett movie and ended with RO, maybe it would be different.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was my understanding that it is the same actress, Genevieve O’Reilly, who played Mon Mothma in the deleted scenes from ROTS is playing her in Rouge One.

However, the similarity between O’Reilly and Caroline Blakiston who played her in Jedi is so freaking close that it is almost creepy.

Yes, the picture on the left is O'Reilly from RotS, the one in the middle is O'Reilly from Rouge One and the one on the right is Blakiston from Jedi.

mf1972

Exactly. If you make a great star wars movie, I'm game no matter who the lead is. As long as the character is well written and fits the story, and not just tossed in, bring it on.

Maybe because 4 of the next 5 movies are female leads. I think if they would have started the story movies with the Solo film, then the Fett movie and ended with RO, maybe it would be different.
doesn't matter who's the lead character also. male or female. just don't give me another jar jar & im good. ;)

TB4244

I think Rogue One looks awesome, I'm so excited for this movie. I had my reservations about TFA and I came out of it saying "it was okay". I'm pretty convinced this movie will be spectacular. I mean we're getting proper stormtroopers, sandtroopers (even if they did make the Hasbro mistake of adding dropboxes, check EpIV they don't have em!) and AT-ATs. I'm sold already. Yay!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think this picture shows everything lucas got wrong about his own saga. He brought mon back for the prequels yet look at her weird aesthetic there and look what they are doing with her in rouge one.

I think the aesthetic of the first picture works well. At that time she was a senator, not a rebel leader so it's not strange that she would have a different manner of dress.

Sped2424

I think the aesthetic of the first picture works well. At that time she was a senator, not a rebel leader so it's not strange that she would have a different manner of dress.
I don't. I think a lot of what was done in the first 3 episodes was tacky beyond belief almost to the point of parodying his own franchise. I think the weird cyber punk aesthetic with the headpiece doesn't follow suit with the medieval space style that established the original trilogy.

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Ridley: Rogue One's Jyn Erso Not Rey's Mom
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04...-not-reys-mom?abthid=570c352a3dae22c012000025

Daisy Ridley has put one Star Wars: Rogue One fan rumor to rest for now.

When the Rogue One trailer dropped last week, there were rumblings that rebel fighter Jyn Erso, played by Felicity Jones, could be Rey's mother.

According to MTV, Ridley said, "I'm not being funny you guys, but just because she's white and got brown hair... it doesn't mean she's my mom."

The actress does confirm in that same chat that she knows who Rey's parents are, and that she learned that information while making The Force Awakens.

"I think the amazing thing about [Episode VII] is that Finn and Rey don't come from anywhere, and they find a place," Ridley told MTV. "So to me, it's funny that people think it's so important because I don't really think it is."

One thing Ridley isn't sure about is whether Rey is a Jedi. "“I don’t know if I am a Jedi… I don’t think I am.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom