Star Wars: Rogue One

erasure fan1

It looks pretty good, it didn't get me as excited as that first force awakens trailer did but still looks good. It's kind of surprising to me how close to the vest they are still holding things with this one. The average person doesn't really get what this movie is so I hope the full trailer tells a more complete story.

Phroobar

Interesting how the star wars movies have centered around a strong female character. It's a pretty cool change but could this be done to get girls more interested in the franchise?

erasure fan1

Interesting how the star wars movies have centered around a strong female character. It's a pretty cool change but could this be done to get girls more interested in the franchise?
Funny, I just showed my wife the trailer and her reaction was "Another female lead? Why, when they already have Rey?"

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
For realz the other studios should just stop trying. Call me a pixie duster or a fanboi or a shill or whatever, but between Star Wars, Pixar, Disney Animation, and the MCU, that's about my movie going for an entire year.

Now if there were only an alternative to their garbage live-action classic remakes, their slate would be utterly dominant.

tribbleorlfl

Funny, I just showed my wife the trailer and her reaction was "Another female lead? Why, when they already have Rey?"
If you dare to brave Social Media and comment sections, this is by far the main thing people are complaining about. I suppose I understand from a moviegoing perspective w/ Rey and TFA coming out a year before RO, but remember, chronologically there were 3 movies and 40 years of male leads between this movie and TFA. Why is it ok for the OT AND the PT to have male leads, but not ok for the two newer films to female leads? I don't get it.

Whether it's to draw in more female fans or simply to show the diversity that likely would exist in a Rebellion in a Galaxy Far, Far Away, it really doesn't matter as long as the story is good and makes sense. Personally, I'm super excited.

Phroobar

I just wonder if it's intentional or just here is another really cool star wars hero. I love Felicity Jones and pretty much everything she was in (including crappy Amazing Spiderman 2). Her character just might top Rey as my favorite female SW character. They both been way better than Leia or Padme.

Phroobar

So, other than the little bit of voice work in TFA, I think Rogue One is our first returning on-screen prequel actor resuming their role in the Disney era. (Yay for Genevieve O'Reilly!) :D
At least this time she will be on screen. I think every scene she was in ROTS was cut.

mf1972

trailer looks interesting. glad to see Disney is expanding the SW universe. I appreciate what Lucas gave us, but he'd prob never had done this after the prequels.

Phroobar

I wonder how the crew of the Ghost (SW:Rebels) will fit into this movie? I guess the last season is suppose to lead up to this movie. Maybe Ashoka is still alive?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom