Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Greedo

Do we know how many animatronics will be of REAL people? Are Hux/Finn animatronics or Screens or both? We know John filmed something’s for the ride.... also how many Kylo animatronics will we be seeing?

bshah365

So I just screen recorded the NPH video and slowed the video down... you can clearly see that the laser blast effect is achieved with a simple LED attached to the end of a moving fan blade..... the LED ignites for a second as the fan blade spins towards you. This looks like a red flash traveling through air quickly... when the red laser light turns off, you can actually see the fan blade spin out of frame for a quick second!

Rob562

Jeez, didn't think my partly-in-jest post would get interpreted that way, but I'm enjoying the evac stories. 😀

I was more thinking of the poor CM's having to perform multiple evacs the next few day/weeks/months and trying to bring some levity to a frustrating situation while they're dealing with guests who will definitely *not* be happy... I was envisioning Resistance CMs taunting the FO CMs, FO's making dire comments about the Res...

-Rob

totchos

So I just screen recorded the NPH video and slowed the video down... you can clearly see that the laser blast effect is achieved with a simple LED attached to the end of a moving fan blade..... the LED ignites for a second as the fan blade spins towards you. This looks like a red flash traveling through air quickly... when the red laser light turns off, you can actually see the fan blade spin out of frame for a quick second!

Okay I see what you’re saying. This picture shows the fan blade after the blast turns off.
A6AE3E1C-A6DC-402B-84EA-61B99EB3B33C.jpeg

mikejs78

Premium Member
3. Putting everything into the Disney Trilogy has Iger worried; SW9 just finished filming with Iger himself having reordered many reshoots to try to bridge the divide in the fans. Abrams won't have the final cut finished for a few more days. If SW9 is poorly received, it could damage the ride's reception despite its incredible tech and execution.

This doesn't add up.

1. JJ has said it isn't true.
2. The movie was screened last week for a terminally ill fan.
3. Screenings for the cast and crew of the final cut occured today.
4. There have *not* been extensive reshoots like other Star Wars movies (including Force Awakens).

Last edited:

britain

Right, they don’t quite look like ‘streaks’ of red light, but they do look like shooting balls. At least in the videos.

totchos

Right, they don’t quite look like ‘streaks’ of red light, but they do look like shooting balls. At least in the videos.
Not sure if this has anything to do with it but multiple people have said it doesn’t come out well on video. Could be a factor.

Disneyson

This is correct, on both points. Teams FO and Resistance CMs will be doing the evacing of each zone together.
I'm sure when it comes time to evacuate riders from this Resistance ride, and it sounds like this will be happening a lot with this troubled ride, the uniforms worn by the various CM's assisting will the be least of the concerns.

While this will inevitably be the case, there is probably some protocol for interactions between FO and Rebels — GMR has specific rules for in-show evacuations (a door not opening, a derailed vehicle, a major Audio-Animatronic malfunction) vs. true emergencies such as fires. If the evacuation was in-show, the “villains” were not allowed to help with evacuations past their locations in the attraction. Tour Guides would in some cases visit the vehicles and assist guests with off boarding. Because the floors are smooth, there was no need to call for help from other attractions as there were really no critical safety issues in terms of walking on the ride path - after all, cast members did it all the time.

As RotR is LPS and also doesn’t have a track, I’m sure there’s some sort of “in-show” evacuation that will be able to be done, depending on the problem. However, I imagine if this is an issue with the “drop”, then it becomes safety-critical and show goes out the window.

totchos

While this will inevitably be the case, there is probably some protocol for interactions between FO and Rebels — GMR has specific rules for in-show evacuations (a door not opening, a derailed vehicle, a major Audio-Animatronic malfunction) vs. true emergencies such as fires. If the evacuation was in-show, the “villains” were not allowed to help with evacuations past their locations in the attraction. Tour Guides would in some cases visit the vehicles and assist guests with off boarding. Because the floors are smooth, there was no need to call for help from other attractions as there were really no critical safety issues in terms of walking on the ride path - after all, cast members did it all the time.

As RotR is LPS and also doesn’t have a track, I’m sure there’s some sort of “in-show” evacuation that will be able to be done, depending on the problem. However, I imagine if this is an issue with the “drop”, then it becomes safety-critical and show goes out the window.

Now I know if I see the first order and the resistance together coming to evacuate me it means i'm in immediate mortal danger lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom