Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

TrojanUSC

If you have 1000 people in standby, and the ride capacity is 1000 pph, then getting in the end of the line, it will be an hour before you ride.

If you then give FP to 800 of those people, those people are no longer in the standby line. The standby line now contains 200 people, but it still takes an hour. Much shorter line as in number of people, but same wait time.

Logistics rather than wait time. There's a lot of complications with the FP system. Also, probably to avoid the situation of the anytime FP if the ride goes down for an extended period during the early days.

I can't speak to DL because I've not seen the data, but the data for WDW that Len's team compiled shows that on aggregate wait times did not increase on aggregate when FP+ was introduced. Some rides got a little longer, many rides (especially E ticket) got shorter especially at the peak of the day. But as a whole lines stayed the same and were more distributed throughout the day.

See my example above. The standby line does actually move slower because of FP but wait times are about the same because fewer people are in standby. The data at least at WDW bears this out.

But let's not turn this into another FP debate thread. If anyone wants to debate it further feel free to PM me.

Now back on topic: can't wait for RotR!

The fallacy in your system is that all of those people would be riding that attraction were they not able to obtain a Fastpass. So while yes, in theory, you're correct for peak attractions during peak times, the tier system incentives people to to ride things they might not want to otherwise.

Marc Davis Fan

Speaking of getting back on topic...

According to some chatter on the MiceChat boards: "Chapek chose a cheap company to built the [ride] system versus spending top $. And because of this decision, the ride was delayed."

Is this just people who want to blame Chapek for everything, or have our insiders heard anything similar? If it's true, it could be another count against Chapek for the company. I also thought Oceaneering did the system for several of Disney's other trackless rides, e.g., MM and Rat, but maybe I'm wrong?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

According to some chatter on the MiceChat boards: "Chapek chose a cheap company to built the [ride] system versus spending top $. And because of this decision, the ride was delayed."

Is this just people who want to blame Chapek for everything, or have our insiders heard anything similar? If it's true, it could be another count against Chapek for the company. I also thought Oceaneering did the system for several of Disney's other trackless rides, e.g., MM and Rat, but maybe I'm wrong?

The ride vehicles were allegedly built by Oceaneering, a pretty reputable company with a number of successful rides out there.

Ravenclaw78

This should answer your question

GlacierGlacier

The ride vehicles were allegedly built by Oceaneering, a pretty reputable company with a number of successful rides out there.
I've also heard that they decided to build them with another competitor because their buisness ties faltered with oceaneering. Then I've also heard they're building it totally in-house. Then I've seen the battery packs for Marcelline in another engineering firm's workshop.

It's a really, really murky area right now with lots of confusion on who/what/why.

thequeuelinelectures

I've also heard that they decided to build them with another competitor because their buisness ties faltered with oceaneering. Then I've also heard they're building it totally in-house. Then I've seen the battery packs for Marcelline in another engineering firm's workshop.

It's a really, really murky area right now with lots of confusion on who/what/why.

That’s really odd since it’s basically the same ride vehicle system between this, rat, runaway railway, blackbox, and beauty and the beast. Some size differences but you’d think they would stick with the same vendor

Rider

The entrance during AP previews. Standby on the left, FP on the right (four touchpoints, not yet installed). There does not appear to be a single rider.
DSC_3172.jpg

thequeuelinelectures

That footage was the real deal. Super super impressed with the effects we saw of kylo’s saber and the laser blasts in the AT AT scene. Has Vy Moradi (however it’s spelled) replaces Rey in the preshow?

Hawg G

That footage was the real deal. Super super impressed with the effects we saw of kylo’s saber and the laser blasts in the AT AT scene. Has Vy Moradi (however it’s spelled) replaces Rey in the preshow?

SPOILERS!!!!

It's all over Twitter now, essentially the AT AT scene. I don't know if I believe that's what it will look like in reality. No Disney ride advertisements simply show the ride, they are always heavily augmented. I see no way in the world that they will have sparks going all day, just feet away from guests. And I will believe it when I see the AT-AT and Stormtrooper laser shots look like that in person. It also shows a LOT more minor movement Stormtrooper AAs.

I also find it humorous that they use Star Wars music, and show the Falcon, both things that will most likely NOT be featured in the ride. Just like the current commercials that use the SW music when showing Smugglers Run.

SERIOUS SPOILERS!!!!!

Last edited:

tissandtully

SPOILERS!!!!

It's all over Twitter now, essentially the AT AT scene. I don't know if I believe that's what it will look like in reality. No Disney ride advertisements simply show the ride, they are always heavily augmented. I see no way in the world that they will have sparks going all day, just feet away from guests. And I will believe it when I see the AT-AT and Stormtrooper laser shots look like that in person. It also shows a LOT more minor movement Stormtrooper AAs.

I also find it humorous that they use Star Wars music, and show the Falcon, both things that will most likely NOT be featured in the ride. Just like the current commercials that use the SW music when showing Smugglers Run.

SERIOUS SPOILERS!!!!!

So it seems like the Stormtrooper scene will be in the walking portion, interesting.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

How do you know there won’t be a music score in ROTR? SR has music in the ride so logically there will be music during the dramatic moments in ROTR.

The Imagineers aren’t opposed to music score to heighten dramatic moments. See Kylo’s arrival show, Savi’s Workshop and parts of SR.

sedati

How do you know there won’t be a music score in ROTR? SR has music in the ride so logically there will be music during the dramatic moments in ROTR.

The Imagineers aren’t opposed to music score to heighten dramatic moments. See Kylo’s arrival show, Savi’s Workshop and parts of SR.

I think the best use so far is Flight of Passage. The music is minimal at first and mostly source music from the tribes we pass. The cave interlude gives us some nice atmospheric music, but then we kick into full orchestra for the sunset finale.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
The Rise of the Resistance footage was my favorite part of the presentation. The lightsaber scene will be so scary. I wonder if and how they will do the laser blasts shooting across the room. When word gets out of how amazing this ride is the lines will be long for a while. I can't wait to see this in December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom