Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Tuned into another livestream from earlier today, and there were no plastic dividers installed at the unload areas where the CMs are standing at their control panels. I think they’re just testing out the plastic dividers on a couple ride transports to see how they fare then probably install them on the rest.
View attachment 500282
View attachment 500283
View attachment 500284

Livestream (around 49 min mark):

Well ok then. Now I am curious to how the dividers look on the ride vehicles. Hopefully we get an unobstructed view soon

gerarar

Premium Member
Here’s better pictures of the plastic dividers currently being installed on the ride vehicles.
07B76BD6-4662-4C1C-87B5-D25A60A545A9.jpeg

E2A401D4-FCC4-4EAB-AD21-F05E706000A6.jpeg

Purduevian

My big fear with the plastic dividers is the potential of loosing some of the preshows... As I understood it, the preshows in their limited capacity are pretty close to the ride in it's limited capacity... If we can double the ride capacity (2 parties per vehicle) how do we get 14 groups into the 2 pre shows and 4 groups into the interrogation room?

_caleb

If they’re going to add dividers, they should be thick plexiglass (to stay on-theme) instead of flimsy plastic. I know everyone hopes measures like dividers are temporary, but someone still cares about show quality, right?

Magic Feather

If they’re going to add dividers, they should be thick plexiglass (to stay on-theme) instead of flimsy plastic. I know everyone hopes measures like dividers are temporary, but someone still cares about show quality, right?
I have a personal theory that RotR is intentionally getting the flimsy plastic so that in case anyone’s head leans back in the first row and hits it, it isn’t too hard.
During the Simulator drop sequence, when the pod slows after the fall, it tilts people back, usually making people lean back. Better to lean back into Saran Wrap+ than hard plexiglass.

_caleb

I have a personal theory that RotR is intentionally getting the flimsy plastic so that in case anyone’s head leans back in the first row and hits it, it isn’t too hard.
During the Simulator drop sequence, when the pod slows after the fall, it tilts people back, usually making people lean back. Better to lean back into Saran Wrap+ than hard plexiglass.
Did not realize this! That would make perfect sense! (It also sounds like maybe they should have included headrests?)

Magic Feather

Did not realize this! That would make perfect sense! (It also sounds like maybe they should have included headrests?)
It's a brief enough moment that isn't whiplash inducing to where a headrest would be unnecessary (and block row 2's view). It's a similar situation to Hagrid's spike where, if they would hold people in that position, they would definitely need a headrest, but since it's brief they don't need it.

SWGalaxys_Edge

Do we know if they are taking advantage of DL being closed to cycle the ride and work through bugs in the Western version?
Well, people I know, have been working on the ride cars but not necessarily the whole "ride bugs" thing. Its hard to duplicate when you don't have guests "wear and tear" on the system. The ride is never going to be 100% with so many moving parts. people just need to get over it. That's why Disney has the "...no guarantee to ride" disclaimer. Even with a boarding group.

Dapale

Found this video to be really interesting... Here's what happens when the ride computer doesn't correctly trigger an entire scene (specifically the Kylo Ren finale scene). You can see that the mode is switched to A mode based on the vehicle movement & position

gerarar

Premium Member
Found this video to be really interesting... Here's what happens when the ride computer doesn't correctly trigger an entire scene (specifically the Kylo Ren finale scene). You can see that the mode is switched to A mode based on the vehicle movement & position

Interesting. The door to escape pods still closes with its sound effect. We can conclude from this that the background soundtrack and door closing is tied together in one system, probably synced to the vehicles themselves. While Fin’s audio and Kylo’s, along with the battle raging outside, the physical props like the AA, ceiling raising/lowering, wind effect, and lighting is a whole another system

Simply put,
System A:
  • Fin’s “abandon ship” audio spiel
  • Kylo’s “there’s no escape” audio spiel
  • Screens showing battle raging outside star destroyer
  • Sound effects of battle outside windows
  • Kylo AA
  • Ceiling props that lift and fall, along with secondary ceiling prop and tube prop
  • Metal sheet props that “fly away”
  • Audio queue of ship crashing into star destroyer
  • Wind effect
  • Lighting to illuminate scene once Kylo turns you around and pulls you in
System B:
  • Background instrumental soundtrack
  • Door to escape pods closing on you
  • Sound effect of said door closing
Obviously System B is working here, while System A never gets activated from the ride computers. I’m sure if B failed here, the ride would go into an E-stop.

Also, once the vehicles go past the reopened door to the escape pods, everything functions as normal. Soundtrack, audio cues, lighting, etc. work as planned!

Last edited:

180º

Interesting. The door to escape pods still closes with its sound effect. We can conclude from this that the background soundtrack and door closing is tied together in one system, probably synced to the vehicles themselves. While Fin’s audio and Kylo’s, along with the battle raging outside, the physical props like the AA, ceiling raising/lowering, wind effect, and lighting is a whole another system

Simply put,
System A:
  • Fin’s “abandon ship” audio spiel
  • Kylo’s “there’s no escape” audio spiel
  • Screens showing battle raging outside star destroyer
  • Sound effects of battle outside windows
  • Kylo AA
  • Ceiling props that lift and fall, along with secondary ceiling prop and tube prop
  • Metal sheet props that “fly away”
  • Audio queue of ship crashing into star destroyer
  • Wind effect
  • Lighting to illuminate scene once Kylo turns you around and pulls you in
System B:
  • Background instrumental soundtrack
  • Door to escape pods closing on you
  • Sound effect of said door closing
Obviously System B is working here, while System A never gets activated from the ride computers. I’m sure if B failed here, the ride would go into an E-stop.

Also, once the vehicles go past the reopened door to the escape pods, everything functions as normal. Soundtrack, audio cues, lighting, etc. work as planned!
Interestingly, this is not B-mode. In B-mode, the ride vehicles point you right at the window, where Kylo Ren's TIE Silencer appears on screen. His dialogue remains. Like in A-mode, a downed TIE fighter interrupts/crashes into him. B-mode removes the Kylo AA and the other moving props, including wind effects.

What's shown in this video looks more like what happens when a scene doesn't reset in time, à la Indiana Jones Adventure boulder scene or Kilimanjaro Safaris collapsing bridge. I wonder if the ride's programming has been updated to allow this to happen without triggering a fault, in order to reduce downtime?

gerarar

Premium Member
Interestingly, this is not B-mode. In B-mode, the ride vehicles point you right at the window, where Kylo Ren's TIE Silencer appears on screen. His dialogue remains. Like in A-mode, a downed TIE fighter interrupts/crashes into him. B-mode removes the Kylo AA and the other moving props, including wind effects.

What's shown in this video looks more like what happens when a scene doesn't reset in time, à la Indiana Jones Adventure boulder scene or Kilimanjaro Safaris collapsing bridge. I wonder if the ride's programming has been updated to allow this to happen without triggering a fault, in order to reduce downtime?
Ah I didn’t mean to insist that this was a B-mode. This was just a fault of the ride computer and that it didn’t recognize the ride vehicles were present. There was a full POV of this happening to MMRR recently where none of the scenes activated, but each RV functioned and moved through each scene as normal, however everything stayed dormant.

180º

Ah I didn’t mean to insist that this was a B-mode. This was just a fault of the ride computer and that it didn’t recognize the ride vehicles were present. There was a full POV of this happening to MMRR recently where none of the scenes activated, but each RV functioned and moved through each scene as normal, however everything stayed dormant.
Oh yes, I remember that video! It makes sense to allow the ride to keep cycling, so there’s less of a chance for an evacuation. I wonder if there’s a way for the attraction to eventually “right” itself while still operating, or if a full shutdown and restart is required to get those scenes up and running again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom