Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

EPCOT-O.G.

It looked like a decent jolt, but didn't seem like a deep drop.

I've been apprehensive of that part of the ride for awhile, but it looks like the "swift" drop is when the escape pod is released, then it kind of turns into a Star Tours type experience (I have no doubt there are drops later, but I'm trying to go in with as much a blank slate as possible beyond reassuring myself I - and my 70-something in-laws - can handle the drops)

Timmay

Not to be "that guy" but I did have the thought in the back of my head while watching the ride-through, "Imagine if this was with Vader and the Empire". I guess I'm just old!

As someone that was in junior high when the originals came out, I’m just the opposite. Lol. The reasons are long, and not necessarily relevant here, but I find Kylo Ren more compelling. Right with you there about the empire though.

the_rich

I've been apprehensive of that part of the ride for awhile, but it looks like the "swift" drop is when the escape pod is released, then it kind of turns into a Star Tours type experience (I have no doubt there are drops later, but I'm trying to go in with as much a blank slate as possible beyond reassuring myself I - and my 70-something in-laws - can handle the drops)
Yea, I think you should be fine. It's not Tot. Looks more startling than scary.

WDW Pro

Yes, and this is the man who bought Pixar, Muppets, Marvel, and LucasFilm. They’re his babies, although Muppets is seemingly a lost cause...

Muppet Babies is quite popular. I don't think Muppets are a lost cause, but perhaps a cyclical franchise.

This doesn't add up.

1. JJ has said it isn't true.
2. The movie was screened last week for a terminally ill fan.
3. Screenings for the cast and crew of the final cut occured today.
4. There have *not* been extensive reshoots like other Star Wars movies (including Force Awakens).

JJ has marketing people with him all the time making sure everything he says supports a narrative. The movie for the fan was basically the final cut minus some minor changes ordered by execs regarding a dyad concept that apparently didn't work, screenings did occur but the cut they saw is the same as the one the fan saw - not the final although very close. There have been extensive reshoots, all the way into October.

They're predictable. Would've been better with Vader, the preview videos had better effects, etc..

You'll notice that every single animatronic in the ride can easily be reskinned to OT characters with minimal effort. This is purposeful, and there is almost no doubt whatsoever that in the years to come you will see temporary OT re-themes much as DLR has Nightmare Before Christmas versions of Haunted Mansion.

rnese

c4f17879094617f094107f3a83838d3e.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom