News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

Seanual757

Screw that been on ROR just over 20 times glad I got those out of the way. No way in Hell I would wait in that mess I love the ride but no thanks. I will head to Rock n Roller Coaster or something else..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Outdoor transmission is basically zero. The only significant documented cases of outdoor transmission came from Singaporean construction sites, which weren't ACTUALLY outdoors.
And yet…it’s still stupid in this environment

200,000 cases and 2,000 deaths a day nationally…again…and expected to rise in the coming weeks

and it’s Flor-I-DUH

Are you like Christopher walken on this?

JohnD

That insane crowd isn't new and has nothing to do with Rise or the VQ. Three weeks ago, I stood in that exact same "insane crowd," except we were standing near the arch of Animation Courtyard getting ready to be led to Slinky Dog Dash.

The "insane crowd" is just how rope drop works. The only thing Rise-specific is how far back they position the rope.

But with VQ there wasn't this type of RP crowd because you already knew your boarding group.

mikejs78

Premium Member
And yet…it’s still stupid in this environment

200,000 cases and 2,000 deaths a day nationally…again…and expected to rise in the coming weeks

and it’s Flor-I-DUH

Are you like Christopher walken on this?
I mean, I'm as COVID-conscious as anyone - everyone in my family who can be is fully-vaxxed, and my 11 year old will be camping out to get his shot once approved, we wear masks indoors wherever we go, etc., but he's right - outdoor transmission is essentially zero.

I'd rather focus my outrage elsewhere where it really matters.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean, I'm as COVID-conscious as anyone - everyone in my family who can be is fully-vaxxed, and my 11 year old will be camping out to get his shot once approved, we wear masks indoors wherever we go, etc., but he's right - outdoor transmission is essentially zero.
It’s not a matter of outdoor transmission…it’s packing people in tight under the last 2 years of history Is stupid anywhere and always was.

even in low crowds…I didn’t like the snakes when I was there last…it just seems like outdated thinking/design

Gillyanne

Of course, this is the day of our park reservation for HS. I was prepared to wake in time to try for a BG and to get the family out earlier if we got a low number. Still haven't gotten to ride as the only other time I tried (and got) a BG they stopped before getting to our number.

Now to decide if I want to adjust our HS day to one before or just [probably] miss out again.

Thread Disclaimer: I've only read page 1 so far

So we went ahead and changed our day, Managed to get BG 32 at 7am and got notification just before 11am (which was perfect timing as we got there about 10:30) 6yo niece loved it and of course wanted to ride it again. Had we not gone yesterday, we wouldn't have even tried for stand by today but I'm curious to see what the crowds there today do for the other lines. When we rode SDD it was posted at a 60min wait, but was actually only about 30 min. MMRR had shown 45 min and such (whenever I looked it was always less than SSD but one of the higher ones) but we didn't ride it yesterday.

mikejs78

Premium Member
What will be interesting to see is what the lines are like on Oct 1 with Early Entry. How much of an advantage will rope dropping as a resort guest be for Rise?

Touchdown

But with VQ there wasn't this type of RP crowd because you already knew your boarding group.
Actually there was, because everyone got up at 7 and never knew when that 60 min clock would start ticking. This crowd now just goes to Rise first instead of Slinky.

tanc

Screenshot_20210923-103240_Disney World.jpg

Interesting, seems like 2 hours right now. Heard it was 3 hours earlier

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom