News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

J4546

heck yes, this is good news imo. I was at DL yesterday and couldnt get a boarding pass for RotR and have always complained about no standby lines. I know this is prep for LIghtning Lanes but Im all for it.

MrPromey

I can see it now, Omni-movers based on each of the colors of drying paint. That begs the question if amusement parks full of large capacity mediocre rides are better than one with a mix of both capacity and thematic and experiential rigor are better ?
The paint will only be drying once a decade when they budget for refurbishment (without attraction closure) the rest of the time, it'll just be a ride-through of things like the purple wall experience in Tomorrow Land!

Get those cameras ready folks, because you're about to experience the purple wall like you never have before at a blazing 5mph while seated! 🤣

MrPromey

That’s silly. Your ticket gets you the same thing it does for everyone else. It gets you the chance to enter the park, and a chance to enjoy the rides, shows, restaurants, ect. But it gives everyone that same opportunity. If you want an added benifit above that, like not having to wait in line with other people, you have to pay for it

VIP tours aside*, that is not true.

That's about to be true but it isn't currently and hasn't been since they did away with ticket books (and cheap entry).

Please quit trying to normalize the money grab that hasn't even gone into effect yet.

*we know this group is small enough to not even be a consideration.

Last edited:

MrPromey

I wouldn't be surprised if they start getting longer. More hours = more LL $$$

It's a balancing act, though. The majority of LL will be a flat $15 so more hours doesn't increase that.

And more hours means less potential need for LL whether it's the standard or per-attraction flavor so arguably, LL could incentivize them to cut non-event-up-charge hours to as low as they can get away with.

I don't expect them to go too much farther with that though because I suspect the market in this case, would actually punish them if it became evident they were doing that but my point is, I wouldn't hold my breath in thinking that LL will increase hours.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You've probably dislocated your shoulder many, many times...🧐

It's a luxury for most.
That’s not the same thing

a “personal luxury” is valid

“luxury operation” is not…they don’t invest to the proper lodging/dining/service standards - at least not nearly enough to them - to be a “luxury destination”

it’s vanity floated and even more so to decide Bob Iger could “flip the switch” on that.

MrPromey

Built for the middle class…not “luxury”

try not to dislocate your shoulder on this pats 😎
Yeah, there is nothing I would call "luxurious" in any of the Florida theme parks.

I'd be really curious to know what "luxury" experiences people are comparing it to when they say that.

For those that consider a day at Epcot "luxury" please give me an idea of some other luxury experiences you enjoy for reference.

Mind you, I've not experienced nor know anyone who's experienced Club 33 at WDW but if it is anything at all like the original (and I kind of have to assume like just about everything, it's not as good) it's more of a novelty and a "I'm better than the rabble" experience than anything approaching actual luxury - the mystique from the outside is strong but the inside (like the actual interior decor) is kind of gaudy to me.

Heck, it's Blue Bayou kitchen (and booze) you're paying more to eat on top of the membership.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a balancing act, though. The majority of LL will be a flat $15 so more hours doesn't increase that.

And more hours means less potential need for LL whether it's the standard or per-attraction flavor so arguably, LL could incentivize them to cut non-event-up-charge hours to as low as they can get away with.

I don't expect them to go too much farther with that though because I suspect the market in this case, would actually punish them if it became evident they were doing that but my point is, I wouldn't hold my breath in thinking that LL will increase hours.
If they see a profit benefit for selling passes more hours…it will happen.

if not…could go the other way.

could be shorter hours and higher priced night second sells.

“you don’t NEED lighting at our premium after hours magic events…that will be $309 for your 4 year old”

it’s a slope with grease on it

Last edited:

dreday3

That’s not the same thing

a “personal luxury” is valid

“luxury operation” is not…they don’t invest to the proper lodging/dining/service standards - at least not nearly enough to them - to be a “luxury destination”

it’s vanity floated and even more so to decide Bob Iger could “flip the switch” on that.

I can agree it's not a "luxury" destination. (although, can AKL be considered? Not sure, but we plan to celebrate our milestone b-day(s) trying it out).

But it's a luxury for many as far as money spent. Which is why I can see people spending money to make sure they get on whatever ride they deem most important - as (sadly) it's a real possibility a lot of people won't be able to afford to make it back.

And I'm not here to judge people. (well, maybe silently what you are wearing, but not how you spend your money ;) )

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, there is nothing I would call luxurious in any of the Florida theme parks.

Mind you, I've not experienced nor know anyone who's experienced Club 33 at WDW but if it is anything at all like the original (and I kind of have to assume like just about everything, it's not as good) it's more of a novelty and a "better than the rabble" than anything approaching actual luxury. Heck, it's Blue Bayou kitchen you're paying more to eat on top of the membership.
Club 33 was a private adult club where you could smoke with Walt Disney and hobnob with people from Hollywood…that makes sense.

in Florida…you want to talk to the guy that owns the largest cement company in the greater Boston area?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can agree it's not a "luxury" destination. (although, can AKL be considered? Not sure, but we plan to celebrate our milestone b-day(s) trying it out).

But it's a luxury for many as far as money spent. Which is why I can see people spending money to make sure they get on whatever ride they deem most important - as (sadly) it's a real possibility a lot of people won't be able to afford to make it back.
You have a point…but that was not the way she phrased…

…quite intentionally/self congratulatory so. If I ever hear my kids (been around 30 times each) say anything about economics or “luxury”…I’ll toss them in a lagoon.

it’s not and should not be that. Vacation segregation is loathsome

TrainsOfDisney

I know people who have been in this show--It has been AEA since it opened in 2007. So were Frozen and Aladdin and Maic Map, etc. Voices of Liberty is also Equity. I don't know if they still require (or ever did) both AEA and AGVA, though.

Heck, it's Blue Bayou kitchen you're paying more to eat on top of the membership.
This is such a good point!!!
although, can AKL be considered? Not sure, but we plan to celebrate our milestone b-day(s) trying it out
Back when Jiko was was 4 diamond it was at least close to luxury. Now? Probably not as much but it’s still a lovely resort.

disneygeek90

Yeah, there is nothing I would call "luxurious" in any of the Florida theme parks.

I'd be really curious to know what "luxury" experiences people are comparing it to when they say that.

For those that consider a day at Epcot "luxury" please give me an idea of some other luxury experiences you enjoy for reference.

Mind you, I've not experienced nor know anyone who's experienced Club 33 at WDW but if it is anything at all like the original (and I kind of have to assume like just about everything, it's not as good) it's more of a novelty and a "I'm better than the rabble" experience than anything approaching actual luxury - the inside is kind of gaudy to me.

Heck, it's Blue Bayou kitchen (and booze) you're paying more to eat on top of the membership.
The parks aren’t luxurious. There’s nothing luxurious about walking 8 miles in the Florida heat around a bunch of other sweaty people.

If I wanna do something luxurious, I’ll do something all inclusive like a cruise where someone brings me drinks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The parks aren’t luxurious. There’s nothing luxurious about walking 8 miles in the Florida heat around a bunch of other sweaty people.

If I wanna do something luxurious, I’ll do something all inclusive like a cruise where someone brings me drinks.
Yeah…I got Mandarin Macau, Four Seasons Bora Bora and George V just SLIGHTLY higher on the list than Saratoga Springs

MrPromey

Club 33 was a private adult club where you could smoke with Walt Disney and hobnob with people from Hollywood…that makes sense.

in Florida…you want to talk to the guy that owns the largest cement company in the greater Boston area?
I get that but sadly, that era was done before my mortal coil was... coiled.

For me, today it feels a lot like the "VIP" tour I took of the Grauman's Chinese theater, which, at the time was playing Snakes on a Plane, where they talked about what used to happen there and show where Hollywood's greatest used to hang out in the private areas in the little tourist trap now sitting next to the Kodak Theater.

Of course, I think that tour was only about $30 a person. Club 33 is... a little more. ;)

Last edited:

MrPromey

You've probably dislocated your shoulder many, many times...🧐

It's a luxury for most.
Cost alone, does not usually dictate luxury.

If you're only metric is, it's expensive so it must be exclusive so it must be luxury, then you're right.

The point is, for it's price point, it's not a luxury experience.

It can still be something you enjoy. Obviously, plenty of us do but that doesn't make it luxury.

You could spend that same money somewhere else and experience REAL luxury.

Heck, just as a basic example take the cost of a night at Grand Floridian and apply it to the cost of a room at the Four Seasons (on-property, mind you - right behind MK) and then tell me how that compares.

ToTBellHop

Shouldn't be... people will pay someone to walk their dog, scoop their poop, etc even when they are right there at home.

Large swaths of people are willing to pay to make something go away.
Okay, I’m concerned because I generally like going to WDW. But, if I follow this to its conclusion, I could see one day not wanting to go anymore. That’s disappointing. But, if this is how enough people want to behave, then maybe the parks just won’t be for me in the future.

Nothing can be done about that, though.

dreday3

Cost alone, does not usually dictate luxury.

If you're only metric is, it's expensive so it must be exclusive so it must be luxury, then you're right.

The point is, for it's price point, it's not a luxury experience.

It can still be something you enjoy. Obviously, plenty of us do but that doesn't make it luxury.

You could spend that same money somewhere else and experience REAL luxury.

Heck, just as a basic example take the cost of a night at Grand Floridian and apply it to the cost of a room at the Four Seasons (on-property, mind you - right behind MK) and then tell me how that compares.

I explained my post in another post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom