News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

I don't think I'm cut out for this YouTube thing. Anyway, here's what happens in the app now when the getQueues API response has "isAcceptingJoins" set to false but "isAcceptingPartyCreation" set to true.

Good stuff, @Joel ! So is your take on "nextScheduledPartyCreationOpenTime" that it just gives you a window to get your boarding party squared away (on that second screen I think) so that you can be free to mash the refresh button at 7am? Seems like you should be able to organize your party (check/uncheck people actually with you that day) whenever you want instead of a timed window but maybe it limits the refresh requests hitting servers to a smaller amount of time because you won't be able to access that "Review Details" page otherwise?

In other words, isAcceptingPartyCreation will only be true once nextScheduledPartyCreationOpenTime comes, and until then you can't go anywhere from the main Join Virtual Queues page? I guess today you can still get the boarding group without isAcceptingPartyCreation being true so I'm probably off.

Joel

Good stuff, @Joel ! So is your take on "nextScheduledPartyCreationOpenTime" that it just gives you a window to get your boarding party squared away (on that second screen I think) so that you can be free to mash the refresh button at 7am?
This is my assumption. It probably just makes the implementation easier for them that way, and 99% of guests probably won't even manually select their party, let alone have the desire/need to do it much in advance of the queue opening.

doctornick

1pm window has been open for more than ~15 minutes - at 1pm, groups were called up to 43 (2 groups less than yesterday).

I know this is nitpicky grammar but since you post it almost every day...

It should be "2 groups fewer than yesterday". You can count the number of groups, therefor it is "fewer". "less" is used for non-countable things

e.g. "less water" "fewer ounces of water"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It should be "2 groups fewer than yesterday". You can count the number of groups, therefor it is "fewer". "less" is used for non-countable things

No.

That's not how English speakers use those words.

Grammarians turned a preference into a law, like "never end a sentence with a preposition."

RoadiJeff

Oh, there are much worse violations on the boards than something like that and I probably contribute to the cause now and then. My top pet peeve is the misuse of "it's" when trying to convey possession.

Here's a catchy song about it all: :)

"Weird Al" Yankovic - Word Crimes

dmw

In the Parks
No

I don't care if there are grammar, punctuation or spelling errors. We all know what is being posted and it is very helpful information. No need to nitpick.

KevinPage

8FD6DE04-F1F3-4F1F-B989-1777F696B668.png

SUCK ON THAT ⚡️ LANE ⚡🤩😂🤩

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom