News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

Another thing.

Start on the MDE home page.
Scroll down to the part that says Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Request Access via VQ.
Align that with the middle of your screen.
When it reaches 12:59:59 hit Join
Hit Join again
Hit Join again

If you start on the “Join Virtual Queue” screen then you have to refresh and that loses you time. Start on the home page.
FWIW, I had success by starting on the Join Virtual Queue screen and pulling down at 6:59:595

JLipnick

Another thing.

Start on the MDE home page.
Scroll down to the part that says Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Request Access via VQ.
Align that with the middle of your screen.
When it reaches 12:59:59 hit Join
Hit Join again
Hit Join again

If you start on the “Join Virtual Queue” screen then you have to refresh and that loses you time. Start on the home page.
Thanks for the advice! I was able to get a boarding group with no issues by doing this. Got group 76 which was basically 45 minutes from that point. Will try again on Sunday when we come again.

G00fyDad

Last day at WDW. Got BG 4 again! Probably won't be back for a few years, so I'm really happy we got to ride it a few times.

I am going to be happy to ride once. I have three days (well, 2 1/2) scheduled at DHS. If I get a BG on day one (1/2 day) then I am going to try to swap our 2nd full DHS day to another park. I'll probably still try again on the 1st full DHS day but if I ride just once then I will be a happy camper.

KevinPage

Quick question, will the join button come up automatically at 7am without pulling down and refreshing? I’ve seen people talk about refreshing right before 7am.
Sorry for the delay. I NEVER sit on that 2nd screen where you can refresh. I sit on the main screen of the app with the AT AT picture.

That JOIN button is always there.

Holding/pulling down to refresh I feel like I have less control and can’t time it exactly as opposed to the other method. Also I don’t want to be pulling down on screen then changing to PUSH. It’s a different hand motion and can cost you fractions of a second.

Yes, this all sounds utterly ridiculous as I type but such is the demands of obtaining a (low) BG for this ride 🤩😂🤩

Last edited:

KevinPage

Depends on the method.

If you sit on this screen, then you hit Join Virtual Queue right at 7am (or 1pm).

View attachment 578470

If you sit here, you'll need to pull down to refresh (or hit the < and then come back).

View attachment 578471

In the method @KevinPage talks about, click the join button, which will bring up the window with hopefully the blue Join button. When timed right with any of the methods, the Join button should there without refreshing.

View attachment 578472
Correct, I use the last method mentioned. Tried, trued and hasn’t failed me yet (knock on wood)

Last edited:

KevinPage

This is annoying as heck! Refreshed at exactly 7:00, clicked Join, selected my party and then got no more groups available. All less than 5 seconds. How on earth is anyone supposed to get this?
No need to refresh. Make sure you have another phone or browser open to world time (Tim.is) and then the instant your phone turns to 7am you hit

JOIN
JOIN (middle of screen on left)
CONTINUE (bottom of screen)

make sure you have a good wifi or cellular connection. Make sure you don’t have a 5-6 year old phone. Reboot it and close all other apps except MDE 🤩

That whole “pull down to refresh” might work for some, but it’s not needed, I don’t trust it and can cost you precious tenths of seconds.

Last edited:

KevinPage

Is there any difference using park wifi or the Cell Networks for this :D

Disney WIFI (like any Wifi) can be superior to cellular but in my experiences it’s wildly inconsistent so I always used CELLULAR (AT&T) & made sure I had full bars (when you had to be in the park to get a BG). Now that I always try for 7am from home I’m on my home WIFI

Naturally you at the mercy of how many people in the park that day are using WIFI or who their cell carrier is.

Reports state that the best and least used WIFI is over by Disney Junior Dance party 🤩

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom