News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

UNCgolf

Gross.

There has to be a better way than this boarding group garbage or paying $5k to stay at the Starcruiser.

There is. I've said it multiple times, but a lottery you sign up for the night before (or even the morning of) is a far more equitable solution than this.

Yes, that would still be boarding groups, but you wouldn't be at the whim of Internet or cell service, Disney IT, etc.

Animaniac93-98

There is. I've said it multiple times, but a lottery you sign up for the night before (or even the morning of) is a far more equitable solution than this.

Yes, that would still be boarding groups, but you wouldn't be at the whim of Internet or cell service, Disney IT, etc.

At the very least there should be a single rider line. Even if it were like the one for Crush Coaster where it can get quite long, and even if it skipped the two pre-shows.

It would be another option and also help guarantee every seat is filled.

KevinPage

I will give it a try again at 1. Need a miracle if not back Tuesday just to try again.
The most current advice I give to people these days:

1. use cellular data if you have full bars and skip Disney Wifi (turn it off). When at home for 7am I use home WIFI
2. Reboot phone 15 or so minutes before time to get a group
3. Don’t have anything else running in the background (apps, browsers, etc,)
4. Load MDE about 5 minutes prior to drop
5. Have another phone or browser open to TIME.IS and once you get to 15 seconds before drop time, then start staring at the clock on your own phone
6. Have you finger hovering right above the Join button on the main screen (w/ AT AT’s)
7. The instant it turns to 7am or 1pm hit Join. Your finger should be right over it that you don’t even have time to look down
8. On next screen hit JOIN again (middle of screen)
9. Next screen click CONTINUE at the bottom

The speed at which you do this you really shouldn’t even be able to see what else is on the screen as it’s irrelevant and your only concern is 3 button pushes as fast as possible. JOIN JOIN CONTINUE.

Good luck. Hallelujah. Where’s the Tylenol? 🤩😂🤩

UNCgolf

Tattoine would have been a cool planet to have based Star Wars land on, do you think they regret not making the planet a familiar one?

Tatooine would have allowed them to use the Mos Eisley Cantina and possibly Jabba's Palace (although that would have required some sort of transport if they were really concerned about thematic consistency), but it would have been a very bland setting. Not that Batuu isn't bland, but Tatooine would have been worse.

gmajew

Premium Member
Tatooine would have allowed them to use the Mos Eisley Cantina and possibly Jabba's Palace (although that would have required some sort of transport if they were really concerned about thematic consistency), but it would have been a very bland setting. Not that Batuu isn't bland, but Tatooine would have been worse.
The theming in this land is amazing. It does not matter what world as they did such a good job capturing the overall feel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom