News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
If I'm not mistaken ROTR always is "closed" on the app.

But, I'm about 15 minutes away and it's sunny here now after some good rain. Hopefully it breaks up over there soon.
I believe it comes up if you have a boarding pass. It's up and running now as is MMRR
20200721_145812.jpg

KevinPage

Second timer. The two I’m with are first timers. We tried in February and failed.

Of note: at 10 am we got to the party screen and selected our party, but then had a server issue (the usual one with the app). At 1 pm it was already loaded to that screen on the phone that got us our group, and that phone was not used for the app between 10 am or 1 pm.

😱 I’ve never had a crash/failure post SELECT PARTY screen myself.

Maybe I’m misreading this, but after the 10am failure you stayed in the app on the SELECT PARTY screen, waited until 1pm and continued from that specific location?!?!?! 🤷🏻‍♂️

joup7

😱 I’ve never had a crash/failure post SELECT PARTY screen myself.

Maybe I’m misreading this, but after the 10am failure you stayed in the app on the SELECT PARTY screen, waited until 1pm and continued from that specific location?!?!?! 🤷🏻‍♂️

It wasn’t planned but it happened this way. It’s something interesting to keep in mind for the future.

Joel

Was able to nab a 1pm (if I was in the park). Clicked right at 1pm and no delay in blue JOIN button populating.

@Joel, do you know if the app tentatively holds a position for you once you get the select a party screen?

I never heard of people being on this screen and then suddenly getting a message at next screen that groups are filled.
I would be very surprised if it holds a spot for you, but that's not something I can tell just from the API calls.

Here are the approximate queue opening times for today:
10:00:00.261 +/- 0.053 seconds
1:00:00.686 +/- 0.048 seconds
4:00:00.924 +/- 0.043 seconds

The script I wrote calls getQueues repeatedly (roughly every tenth of a second) starting one second before the distribution time until either the queue is open or it's five seconds past when it should have opened. It then records the time of the request that returned the "open queue" response as well as the time of the previous request, giving us these numbers.

rreading

We performed a trial outside of the park, and got to selecting members but then it took long enough (5s) that by the time we hit the next page rather than ask whether we were in the park, it reported that all passes were taken.
I suspect that very few were being distributed

Joel

For "right at 10" do you just go by phone clock or use the official US time website? Thanks!
I've done some testing on this. If you have an iPhone, you should be able to rely on your phone's clock. My iPhone SE is pretty much always synced to the official atomic time. My Pixel 3a (and I assume most other Android phones) is not always as accurate (occassionally off by a second or two), but I like using a site like https://time.is/ anyway.

KevinPage

We performed a trial outside of the park, and got to selecting members but then it took long enough (5s) that by the time we hit the next page rather than ask whether we were in the park, it reported that all passes were taken.
I suspect that very few were being distributed

😱, no bueno

Yeah the X factor in all of this is far less groups are being given out, so might even be harder than it was before.

Hoping for the best. I’m too conditioned to getting one every single time, it would be a royal kick in the pants to not.

Joel

@Joel, ok my mind melts reading this 🤯
It doesn't surprise me. Before I ever started posting in this thread, I found a glitch in the Android app that let me go straight to the select party screen even when the queue wasn't open. That screen doesn't do any sort of verification to determine whether you can actually join a BG until you hit the Join button (it would just cause unnecessary network traffic/server load), so there's no reason for that not to work.

There's no real benefit to it, but it's definitely a unique method, intentional or not.

RSoxNo1

Where are people seeing the boarding groups. It doesn't seem to be available to people observing from the outside unless you have one.

jinx8402

Where are people seeing the boarding groups. It doesn't seem to be available to people observing from the outside unless you have one.
Thrill-data is still reporting groups called throughout the day. The API is still available to call, but Disney just removed that info from the mde app.

DCBaker

Premium Member

See the link in this post -

It might show this information on the "My Queues" page if you actually have a boarding group, but we would need somebody in the park to confirm that.

Not nearly as pretty or convenient as if they showed it in the app, but you can use this link to find that info. Just look for "currentArrivingGroupStart" and "currentArrivingGroupEnd".

disneygeek90

We tried for a boarding group today at 4 pm. Got back-up group #52. We were called to ride at 5:45 pm. Both preshows and all effects working!
Interesting... so did the app tell you that you were a “backup”?

I really don’t like the lack of ROTR visibility if you don’t have a group these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom